Emerge una clip audio mai sentita prima dal seminario In The Studio With Michael Jackson!

by Damien Shields

« Older   Newer »

"The King of Pop"

Group
    Dangerous

Status
    Anonymous

Never-before heard audio clip from ‘In The Studio With Michael Jackson’ seminar emerges!

“Like a Rolling Stone. Like the FBI. Like the CIA,” sings Michael Jackson on a just-released, never-before heard audio clip taken by the King of Pop’s ex-studio technical director and engineer, Brad Sundberg.

Sundberg generously shared the clip with a Swedish radio program earlier this week. It is just one of the countless unreleased Michael Jackson moments that feature as part of Sundberg’s ‘In The Studio With MJ’ seminar, which is set to make its next stop in Toronto, Canada next month.

“Sounds familiar,” comments Bill Bottrell of Jackson’s rendition. “John Lennon,” responds Jackson. “Like the BBC. BB King… And Doris Day,” he continues. “They called it ‘Can Ya Dig it’. It’s like a little short piece. Like a transitional thing. He’s just screamin’ out stuff.”

The newly-released clip, which is featured in full below, we hear Jackson candidly discussing the technology and hardware in recording studios with Sundberg and Bottrell, and how things had (and hadn’t) changed since he started his recording career more than 25 years earlier.

“Do you think they’ll always have those big tapes like that?” Jackson asks. “Do you think they’ll ever do away [with them]? I feel like they’ve been that big and that heavy ever since I’ve been workin’ in studios. [But] everything else’s changed! And all these cord things; I’m shocked that hasn’t changed.”

On its own the clip is just a bit of chatter between Jackson and his studio buddies. However, in the grander scheme of things, the clip is very significant.

During the clip Jackson suggests that he and Bottrell have a jam session, with Bottrell on electric guitar and Jackson on vocals.

“I’m tellin’ you it would be neat for you to sometime just hook up your electric guitar or whatever and and just start playin’, and get me a mic… Out of the moment, you know, which would be really, really fun. A lot of magic is created out of the moment like that. It really is.”

The King of Pop wanted to make “magic” – and within hours, he’d done it.

What started out as a draft for a possible dance track, with a drum beat programmed to play while Jackson sang and Bottrell played guitar, quickly turned into one of Jackson’s most popular rock tracks – “Give In To Me”.

“Give In To Me”, which features Slash on guitar, was released as part of Michael Jackson’s ‘Dangerous’ album in November 1991. It reached the Top 10 in at least nine countries around the world – including New Zealand where it spend 4 weeks at #1, and the UK and Ireland where it peaked at #2. The track, on which Bottrell is rightfully credited as co-writer, was never officially released as a single in North America or Asia.

During his ‘In The Studio With MJ’ seminars Brad Sundberg shares an edited-down 15-minute version of the the two-hour collaborative jam session between Jackson and Bottrell, allowing fans the privilege of listening to the King of Pop’s creative process and experiencing his genius in full swing.

www.damienshields.com/never-before-...eminar-emerges/

Emerge una clip audio mai sentita prima dal seminario In The Studio With Michael Jackson !

Come un Rolling Stone. Come l'FBI. Come la CIA. Canta Michael Jackson in una clip audio appena diffusa, mai sentita prima, presa dal ex direttore tecnico ed ingegnere dello studio del Re del Pop Brad Sunberg.

Sundberg ha generosamente condiviso la clip con un programma radio svedese all'inizio di questa settimana . E' solo uno degli innumerevoli momenti non pubblicati di Michael Jackson che presenta come parte del seminario Sundberg's In The Studio With MJ la cui prossima tappa è prevista a Toronto , Canada, il mese prossimo.

" Suona familiare " commenta Bill Bottrell sulla interpretazione di Jackson. " John Lennon " risponde Jackson " Come la BBC. BB King... e Doris Day " continua " Lo chiamano Can ya Dig It . E' come un piccolo pezzo. Come un oggetto transizionale. E' come urlare qualcosa".

Nella clip appena rilasciata , riportata sotto, possiamo sentire Jackson discutere candidamente dell'aspetto tecnico e dell'attrezzatura negli studi di registrazione con Sundberg e Bottrell e quali cose aveva ( e non aveva ) cambiato da quando aveva iniziato la sua carriera 25 anni prima.

" Pensate che quelli abbiano sempre avuto registratori grandi come questi ?" chiede Jackson " Pensate che non li abbiano mai eliminati ? Mi sento come se siano sempre stati così grandi e pesanti da quando lavoro in studio. ( Ma ) tutto è cambiato. E tutti questi cavi. Sono scioccati che non siano cambiati ".

In sé la clip è giusto una parte di chiacchiere tra Jackson e i compagni dello studio. Tuttavia, in uno schema più ampio delle cose, la clip è molto significativa.

Nella clip jackson propone a Bottrell una jam session con Bottrell alla chitarra elettrica e Jackson come vocalista.

" Ti sto dicendo " che sarebbe carino se qualche volta tu facessi un gancio con la chitarra o qualcosa del genere e cominciassi a suonare ...e mi dai un microfono..uno di quei momenti, sai, che possono essere molto molto divertenti. Un sacco di magia viene fuori ad momenti come questi. Davvero "

Il Re del Pop voleva la magia e , col tempo, l'ha avuta.

Viene fuori un'idea per una possibile traccia di danza con un ritmo di tamburo tra il canto di Jackson e la chitarra di Bottrell , rapidamente trasformato in una delle tracce rock più popolari di Jackson, Give In To Me .

Give In To Me che presenta Slash alla chitarra fu pubblicata come parte dell'album di Micahel Jackson Dangerous nel Novembre 1991.
    Raggiunse la Top 10 almeno in nove paesi nel mondo - tra cui la Nuova Zelanda dove rimase 4 settimane #1 e UK e Irlanda dove raggiunse #2 . La traccia , nella quale Bottrell è correttamente indicato come co-autore non è stata mai pubblicata come singolo in Nord America e in Asia.

Durante il suo seminario In The Studio With MJ Brad Sundberg offre una versione ridotta di 15 minuti della sessione di 2 ore tar Jackson e Bottrell concedendo ai fans il privilegio di ascoltare il processo creativo di Michael Jackson e di sperimentare il suo genio in piena attività.
    TRADUZIONE: Betelgeuse - MJGW

Edited by MJGoldWorld - 21/3/2018, 01:31

2. BILLA70

User deleted

Molto bello, grazie :)

"The King of Pop"

Group
    Just Good Friends

Status
    Bellissimo Arcoiris, grazie

2 replies since 1/11/2013, 11:24   109 views