2015...L'intervallo del Super Bowl migliore di sempre.

Vote!

« Older   Newer »

1. ArcoIris

"The King of Pop"

Group
    Dangerous

Status
    Anonymous
    CITAZIONE (MJ-Beautiful soul @ 30/1/2015, 21:55) 
    CITAZIONE
    Would you want to see Michael Jackson’s hologram at the Super Bowl this weekend?

:quoto: :quoto: :quoto:

-------------------------------------------

How NFL convinced Michael Jackson to perform Super Bowl halftime show

Michael Jackson gave one of the most memorable Super Bowl halftime show performances when he rocked the stage in 1993.

But it wasn't easy for the NFL to convince a star like the King of Pop to perform in the middle of a sporting event back then. As this Austin Murphy story about how halftime became "The Halftime Show" details, the league was eventually able to make a convincing argument to Jackson:

For a month they got nowhere. (The NFL's Jim) Steeg sat down with the King of Pop’s manager, Sandy Gallin, 11 months before Super Bowl XXVII. “I remember pitching them, he says, and them not really having a clue what we were talking about.” At a subsequent meeting, producer Don Mischer pointed out that the Super Bowl would be broadcast in more than 120 countries. Now he had Jackson’s full attention.

Steeg recalls Jackson saying, “So you’re telling me that this show is going live to all those places where I’ll never do a concert?A pause. “I’m in.”

“Michael worked harder than anybody [who’s done the halftime show], before or since,” says Steeg, who remembers seeing Jackson still rehearsing his act at seven the night before the game, in a tent outside the Rose Bowl.

The final moments of that show were the most viewed in the history of television at the time

www.si.com/extra-mustard/2015/01/29...lftime-show-nfl

COME NFL CONVINSE MICHAEL JACKSON AD ESIBIRSI AL SUPER BOWL HALFTIME SHOW

Michael Jackson ha fatto una tra le più memorabili esibizioni dello spettacolo Super Bowl halftime quando ha scosso lo stadio nel 1993.

Ma non è stato facile per la NFL convincere una star come il Re del Pop esibirsi nel bel mezzo di un evento sportivo all'epoca.
    Per un mese non ottennero nulla. (Jim della NFL) Steeg si sedette con il manager del Re del Pop, Sandy Gallin 11 mesi prima Super Bowl XXVII. ...."e non avevamo davvero idea di cosa stavamo parlando." In una successiva riunione, il produttore Don Mischer sottolineò che il Super Bowl sarebbe stato trasmesso in più di 120 paesi. Adesso aveva tutta l'attenzione di Jackson.

Steeg ricorda Jackson dicendo: "Quindi mi stai dicendo che questo spettacolo sarà trasmesso in diretta in tutti quei posti in cui non potrò mai fare un concerto?" Una pausa. "Ci sto."

"Michael ha lavorato più duro di chiunque [tra quelli che hanno fatto l' halftime show] , prima e dopo di lui ", dice Steeg, che ricorda di aver visto Jackson ancora provare il suo spettacolo alle sette della sera prima della partita, in una tenda fuori dal Rose Bowl.

.... I momenti finali di questo show sono stati i più visti nella storia della televisione....

Traduzione: Luigina Mazzoni - www.facebook.com/pages/Un-Michael-...2837?ref=stream

6 replies since 29/1/2015, 22:16   255 views