Michael Jackson è perseguitatoby Joseph Perkins, 31 agosto 1993

« Older   Newer »

1. MJGoldWorld

User deleted

Michael Jackson being persecuted

By Joseph Perkins, 31 agosto 1993

B7NJcRs

I first met Michael jackson five years ago. I came away with one impression of the man whom the celebrity mags, Vanity Fair and People declared the most famous entertainer in the world: He truly was the nicest human being I had ever met.

The Pop Star was not simply striking a pose, pretending to be gentle and guileless before his adoring public while running roughshod over his hired hands away from the public eye. I have seen him in close quarters several times since our first meeting and he has only confirmed my initial impression.

Which is why it pains me to read the recent spate of sensational stories about Jackson quoting anonymous sources (naturally), who offer unsubstantiated second - third - or even fourth - hand dope alleging that the pop star fondled and had sexual relations with somebody's child.

These are verifiable facts that have emerged in the case: The child in question is a 13 year old boy, is at the center of a bitter custody battle between his estranged parents. His mother says she was not aware of any abuse of her son. Jacksons representatives say he received an extortion demand of $20 million, which he refused.

That a man who so loves children, who has donated millions of dollars to various children's charities, who has graciously opened up his home to terminally ill children, who sets aside thousands of free concert tickets at his tour stops for disadvantaged children, would have his good name so besmirched is an injustice.

I am reminded of the observation by Claire Booth Luce, that no good deed goes unpunished.

The irony of this whole sordid affair is that among the ranks of celebrity sports figures, Matinee Dolls, TV personalities and pop music stars, few have led such an exemplary a life as Michael Jackson (who it should be remembered, has had to contend with his celebrity status since he was the 8-year old lead singer of the Jackson 5).

He has never had to check into the Betty Ford Center for Alcohol abuse. (Elizabeth Taylor). He's never been arrested for Drug Possession, (Paul McCartney, Steve Howe). He's never been investigated for rape, (Rob Lowe, Mike Tyson). He's never beaten up a girlfriend or spouse, (Jackson Browne). He's never been booked for publicly exposing himself, (Pee Wee Herman). He's never been stopped for carrying an unregistered firearm, (Harry Connick Jr).

What he has done is endow more than 100 scholarships through the United Negro College Fund. He has helped build a special burn treatment center at the Brotman Memorial Hospital in Los Angeles. He has opened his purse to Camp Ronald McDonald for Good Times, a place for children with cancer. And lest it be forgotten, he helped raise millions for starving Ethiopians by co - writting and performing the now famous anthem "We Are The World".

Michael Jackson has done all of this, while soaring to the dizzying heights of pop stardom that only such legends as Elvis Presley and the Beatles have approached.

He has recorded four top selling solo albums including "Thriller," the biggest seller of all time, with more than 42 million copies. On the strength of that landmark LP he won an unprecedented 8 Grammy Awards, (the recording industry's highest honor) in one evening.

The pop star released more than 7 number one singles during the 80's, more than any other artist according to Bilboard Magazine. He also grossed more than $125 million in ticket sales during his last world concert tour. the biggest box office of any tour in history.

All of Jacksons remarkable creative and artistic achievements, all of his admirable humanitarian and charitable works, have been brushed to the side in the wake of the scurrilous assault on his character. The scandalmongers in the media, delight in nothing so much as cutting down to size a larger than life figure who enjoys an unblemished reputation.

I have no doubt that Michael Jackson will eventually be cleared of any accusations that have been made against him. Anyone who knows him for the decent and understanding person that he is, knows that he could not possibly do injury to any child.

My only real fear is that the negative publicity that has attended this sordid matter will discourage the already reserved and sensative Michael Jackson from having any future contact with his young fans.

Joseph Perkins is a columnist for The San Diego Union-Tribute
    Transcription by Remembering the Times: www.facebook.com/MJRTT/photos/a.11...5392816/?type=1 -- http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1696...=2861%2C6764740

Edited by MJGoldWorld - 24/8/2014, 22:43

2. MJGoldWorld

User deleted

Michael Jackson è perseguitato

by Joseph Perkins, 31 agosto 1993

B7NJcRs

" Ho incontrato Michael Jackson cinque anni fa. Sono tornato a casa con una sensazione di colui che le riviste più famose, Vanity Fair e People hanno dichiarato il più famoso intrattenitore del mondo: Lui era davvero l' essere umano più bello che avessi mai incontrato.

La pop star non ha un atteggiamento sorprendente solo per fingere di essere dolce e innocente davanti al suo pubblico adorante mentre si esibisce e assume poi un atteggiamento irrispettoso quando è lontano dagli occhi pubblico. L'ho visto da vicino diverse volte fin dal nostro primo incontro e lui ha confermato la mia impressione iniziale.

Ed è per questo che mi addolora leggere la recente ondata di storie sensazionali su Jackson citando fonti anonime (naturalmente), che offrono cose prive di fondamento di seconda , terza o addirittura quarta mano, secondo le quali la pop star ha drogato, toccato e avuto rapporti sessuali con il bambino di qualcuno.

Questi sono i fatti verificabili che sono emersi nel caso: Il bambino in questione è un ragazzo di 13 anni, è al centro di una battaglia per la custodia aspra tra i suoi genitori separati. Sua madre dice che non era a conoscenza dell' abuso a suo figlio. I Rappresentanti di Jackson dicono che ha ricevuto una richiesta di estorsione di $ 20 milioni, che ha rifiutato.

Quello è un uomo che ama così tanto i bambini, che ha donato milioni di dollari a varie associazioni di beneficenza per bambini, che ha gentilmente aperto la sua casa per bambini malati terminali, che mette a disposizione a ogni tappa dei suoi tour migliaia di biglietti gratuiti per i concerti ai bambini svantaggiati, aver avuto il suo buon nome infangato in questo modo è un' ingiustizia.

Mi viene in mente l'osservazione di Claire Booth Luce, che nessuna buona azione resta impunita.

L'ironia di tutto questo sordido affare è che tra le fila dei personaggi famosi dello sport, Matinee Dolls, personaggi televisivi e stars della musica pop , pochi hanno condotto una tale vita esemplare come Michael Jackson (che è bene ricordarlo, ha dovuto fare i conti con il suo status di celebrità da quando aveva 8 anni, come cantante dei Jackson 5).

Non hanno mai ispezionato nel Betty Ford Center per abuso di alcool, (Elizabeth Taylor). Non sono mai stati arrestati per possesso di droga, (Paul McCartney, Steve Howe). Non sono mai stati indagati per stupro, (Rob Lowe, Mike Tyson). Non ha mai picchiato la ragazza o il coniuge, (Jackson Browne). Non è mai stato ammonito per essersi esposto pubblicamente , (Pee Wee Herman). Non è mai stato fermato per il trasporto di un'arma da fuoco non registrata, (Harry Connick Jr).

Quello che ha fatto è dare più di 100 borse di studio attraverso la United Negro College Fund. Ha contribuito a costruire uno speciale centro di trattamento ustioni al Brotman Memorial Hospital di Los Angeles. Ha donato alla Camp Ronald McDonald for Good Times, un posto per i bambini malati di cancro. E affinché non si dimentichi, ha contribuito ad aiutare milioni di affamati etiopi collaborando a scrivere ed a eseguire l'ormai famoso inno "We Are The World".

Michael Jackson ha fatto tutto questo, mentre le classifiche della pop star svettavano ai vertici da capogiro dove solo leggende come Elvis Presley e i Beatles si erano avvicinati.

Ha inciso quattro album primi nella vendita da solista, tra cui "Thriller", il più venduto di tutti i tempi, con oltre 42 milioni di copie. Sulla base di questo LP pietra miliare ha vinto un numero senza precedenti di 8 Grammy Awards, (la più alta onorificenza del settore della registrazione) in una sera.

La pop star ha pubblicato più di 7 singoli al numero uno negli anni '80, più di ogni altro artista secondo Billboard Magazine. Inoltre ha incassato più di 125 milioni di dollari nelle vendite dei biglietti durante la sua ultima tournée mondiale, il più grande box office di qualsiasi altro tour nella storia.

Tutti i notevoli successi artistici e creativi di Jackson, tutte le sue opere ammirevoli umanitarie e caritative , sono state spazzate via a seguito sulla scia dell'assalto volgare sul suo personaggio. I pettegolezzi dei media godono nient'altro che abbattere un personalità più grande della vita che gode di una reputazione senza macchia.

Non ho alcun dubbio che a Michael Jackson verranno infine cancellate tutte le accuse che sono state fatte contro di lui. Chi lo conosce per la persona dignitosa e la comprensibile che egli è, sa che non potrebbe fare mai del male a nessun bambino.

La mia unica vera paura è che la pubblicità negativa che ha partecipato a questa sordida questione possa scoraggiare il già riservato e sensibile Michael Jackson ad avere qualsiasi contatto in futuro con i suoi giovani fan. "

Joseph Perkins è un giornalista di The San Diego Union-Tribune

Traduzione: Luigina Mazzoni per (pagina sociale) "Un Michael da conoscere e tutte le verità "

Edited by ArcoIris - 13/3/2019, 00:19

1 replies since 24/8/2014, 21:17   232 views