'Neverland' di Michael Jackson rimane nel limbo

« Older   Newer »

1. Wivvy

User deleted

Neverland 2014

Neverland_trip_023_0

I waited awhile to write this blog. When I came back from my trip, there were so many pictures of beautiful Michael tributes, that I waited in the hope that the readers would look in depth at the pictures I took. This is of course, the sign of Figueroa Mountain Road, the street that has the entrance to Neverland. In the bushes behind the sign, there is a deer who lives there but she is quite shy with people.

We visited Neverland on 6/23/14. I booked a flight over Neverland for later on in the day. We drove over 400 miles that day alone! We drove westward, past Calabasas, until we hit Ventura and Santa Barbara. It was quite foggy in the morning, but here is a picture of the coastline.

Neverland_trip_005_0

This is highway 101, and it runs all the way up/down the coast of California.

Neverland_trip_015_0

Then we drove up through San Marcos Pass (Hwy 54). Below are photos of the stunning area going up the pass to Neverland. We ended up having to drive up and down twice (but that's another story) and both times I thought, I can see why Michael chose to live up here. So peaceful, beautiful and serene.

Neverland_trip_017_0

This is a small bridge that cars have to pass over to get to Neverland.

Neverland_trip_016_0

Neverland_trip_019_0

This is what it looks like from a side view to travel the road to Neverland

Neverland_trip_114

Neverland_trip_032

Finally, we're here. It was such an emotional moment. I have not been here since Michael was alive. There were a few fans outside of the gates, and a biking tour with around 10 bikers and a tour guide. He said very nice things about Michael, how incredible Neverland was, and how much Michael believed in helping children. He also misinformed the tourists, and told them that Michael did not own Neverland any more, that Colony Capital/Tom Barrack did. So I politely informed the tourists that Michael does still have a stake in Neverland, and that most fans believe the Estate is waiting for Michael's children to decide what they want to do with the property.

I also spoke with the guards behind the gates. One did not seem to understand Michael at all, and when I told him how envious the fans would be that he was allowed to see Neverland, he warmed up. He told me that Neverland was very brown, a fact I would see myself, but that the main grounds, the house, the lake and the train station area were very well maintained.

Neverland_trip_039

There is writing on every place you can imagine, in every language. Some dates back to 2009, others are more recent.

Neverland_trip_043

Neverland_trip_047

This single rose for Michael touched my heart.

Neverland_trip_049

Candles left for Michael from Germany

Neverland_trip_067

Fan love from Australia

Neverland_trip_083

And France

Neverland_trip_058

The guard shack from behind

Neverland_trip_059

Trees to the right of the guard shack

Neverland_trip_085

Another fan thanking Michael, from Argentina

And then it was time to leave. I was very sad but excited because in a matter of hours, we would be flying in a helicopter over Neverland! Channel Island Flights pilots could not have been nicer!

Neverland_trip_148

This is Kevin, our pilot. I am scared of heights, and so I was somewhat nervous (ok terrified) but once we took off, I no longer feared anything. Like I stated above, Neverland looked very brown. However, Willa told us that there is a water shortage in all of California, and especially near Neverland.

Neverland_trip_106

This is Lake Chumash, 6 miles away from Neverland. Lake Chumash is the reservoir that provides water to Neverland and the surrounding areas. As you can see, the water levels are very, very low.

Neverland_trip_161

At first I was very upset because as you can see, Neverland from above looks very brown. However, once I realize that the was a severe water shortage, I realized that nothing can be done to utilize water for Neverland until the water supplies raise. California needs rain desperately.

Neverland_trip_152

These are the hills right before we flew over Neverland.

Neverland_trip_163

Neverland_trip_164

You can see the tennis court from this shot.

Neverland_trip_172

The pink haze is a reflection of my sweatshirt from the helicopter glass, but a better picture of the tennis court.

Neverland_trip_173

Again, pink haze but a shot of the lake as well.

Neverland_trip_178

Train tracks

Neverland_trip_185

Better view of the lake

Neverland_trip_203

The thirty minute ride felt like 5 minutes, even though I know it was 30 minutes because I timed it (lol). I wish I could have taken better pictures for fans who wanted to see what Neverland looks like. I plan on making this an annual event with a better camera for next year.

Fonte: http://mjandjustice4some.blogspot.it/2014/...rland-2014.html

Edited by ArcoIris - 25/4/2018, 22:55

3 replies since 20/6/2014, 22:53   417 views