Famiglia Goldstein: la nostra vacanza con Michael Jackson

« Older   Newer »

1. MJ-Beautiful soul

User deleted

<div style="text-align:center">

OUR VACATION WITH MICHAEL JACKSON

10317784_663829793685417_8609107811630277983_o

What would you do if the world’s biggest superstar suddenly invited himself on your family vacation? Twenty-three years ago this actually happened to the Goldstein family of Orlando, Florida. In a bizarre twist of events Michael Jackson went on vacation to Bermuda with the Goldsteins via child actor Macaulay Culkin. Luckily, Alan Goldstein videotaped the entire trip but never released the footage until now.

In a new one hour television special Alan, Lynn and their son, Brock, talk about their phenomenal, once-in-a-lifetime experience of hanging with Michael Jackson at the very height of his fame. The program also includes intimate, home-movie footage shot by Alan Goldstein and a wealth of personal photos from the trip.

10398061_663829757018754_6611285577074419754_n_0_0

Our Vacation with Michael Jackson not only shows The King of Pop as we’ve never seen before but provides an intimate glimpse into the troubled yet innocent world he lived in. “I was shocked when he got off that elevator for the first time,” says Alan Goldstein. “I didn’t believe it was really him but, more importantly, where was everyone else? I mean no handlers, no agents, no groupies, just him, all by himself.”

This quiet little get-away turned into an extended fun-filled, escapist dream of an adventure. Money was no object and things got wild when the richest star of his day decided to party; five star hotels, a bottomless shopping spree at a toy store, a stomach-churning speed boat ride with Ross Perot, water gun fights, pie fights, ocean swims, and more. This was possibly Michael Jackson’s last, fully free, innocent time to do as he pleased before his life started to close in on him with mind-numbing accusations of molestation and criticism for his behavior.

10285814_663832037018526_6331696486021985358_o_0

In 1991 Brock Goldstein was ten and an aspiring child actor. He happened to get cast in a Macaulay Culkin film that was shooting in Orlando, “My Girl,” and developed an immediate friendship with Culkin. Several months later, when Brock’s parents announced that the family was going to Bermuda on a vacation, Brock asked if Macaulay Culkin could come along. Then a few days later Brock mentioned that a friend of Macaulay’s wanted to join them in Bermuda. Alan Goldstein explains: “So, I said to Brock-who’s the friend? And he goes, ‘Michael Jackson’ and I thought it was just the fantasy of a ten-year-old. But when we got to Bermuda, who shows up the next day but Michael Jackson!”

10422968_663831180351945_4673964101920306388_n

Michael Jackson was desperate to re-capture his stolen childhood and escape the non-stop glare of the media. Jackson’s friendship with Macaulay Culkin apparently allowed the child inside him to come out. The Bermuda footage shows a surprisingly unguarded Michael Jackson literally re-living his childhood with two ten-year-olds. “I think that was one of the few times he was able to have that sort of freedom,” says Brock Goldstein. “It seemed like he didn’t want the vacation to ever end.”

Our Vacation with Michael Jackson also explores the motivation behind Michael Jackson’s yearning for childhood play and why he was wary of adults. “Kids are honest,” Jackson told Lynn Goldstein one evening during the trip. “You can trust them. I haven’t been around hardly any adults that haven’t ended up wanting something from me.”

Source: http://vallieegirl67.com/2014/06/01/our-va...ckson/#comments

Edited by ArcoIris - 22/4/2018, 01:43

"The King of Pop"

Group
    Threatened

Status
    Anonymous

La Nostra vacanza con Michael Jackson

10317784_663829793685417_8609107811630277983_o_0

Cosa fareste se la più grande superstar del mondo improvvisamente vi invita con la vostra famiglia in vacanza ? Ventitré anni fa, questo è realmente accaduto alla famiglia Goldstein di Orlando, in Florida. In un bizzarro susseguirsi di eventi,Michael Jackson ,è andato in vacanza alle Bermuda con i Goldsteins e insieme all'attore Macaulay Culkin. Fortunatamente, Alan Goldstein ha filmato l'intero viaggio, senza mai rilasciarlo sino ad ora.

In un nuovo special televisivo ora, Alan, Lynn e il loro figlio, Brock, parlano della loro fenomenale esperienza, con Michael Jackson che all'epoca era al culmine della sua fama. Il programma include anche filmati privati girati da Alan Goldstein e moltissime foto che raccontano il viaggio.

La nostra vacanza con Michael Jackson mostra non solo il re del pop, come non lo avevamo mai visto prima, ma offre uno sguardo intimo nel mondo ancora innocente e turbato nel quale ha vissuto "Sono rimasto scioccato quando l'ho visto la prima volta" dice Alan Goldstein. "Non credevo che fosse davvero lui, ma, ancora più importante, dove erano tutti gli altri? Voglio dire, nessun manager, niente guardie del corpo, niente groupies, solo lui, tutto solo ".

Questa piccola e tranquilla evasione si trasformò in un divertente e lungo sogno, come un avventura. Il denaro non era un problema e quando si tratta della star più ricca della sua epoca che decideva di festeggiare il tutto era al massimo livello; alberghi a cinque stelle, uno shopping sfrenato nei negozi di giocattoli, un giro in barca con Ross Perot, battaglie con le pistole, combattimenti con l'acqua, nuotate nell'oceano, e tanto altro ancora. Questo fu forse l'ultimo periodo libero e innocente per Michael di poter fare ciò che amava , prima che la sua vita iniziasse a schiacciarlo con le accuse di molestie li pronte a criticare il suo comportamento.

Nel 1991 Brock Goldstein aveva dieci anni ed era un bambino aspirante attore. Gli era capitato di fare una piccola parte in un film che Macaulay Culkin stava girando a Orlando, "My Girl", e i due avevano fatto amicizia. Così, diversi mesi dopo, quando i genitori di Brock gli dissero che la famiglia stava per andare alle Bermuda in vacanza, Brock chiese a Macaulay Culkin se poteva raggiungerli. Poi, pochi giorni dopo, Brock disse a Macaulay che un amico si sarebbe unito a loro. Alan Goldstein spiega: "Allora, ho detto a Brock, chi è l'amico? E lui 'Michael Jackson' e pensai che fosse solo la fantasia di un bambino di dieci anni. Ma quando siamo arrivati ​​alle Bermuda, il giorno dopo.. arrivò ..Michael Jackson! "

Michael Jackson era come nel disperato tentativo di recuperare la sua infanzia rubata e sfuggire al non-stop dei media. L'amicizia di Jackson con Macaulay Culkin sembrava apparentemente tirar fuori il bambino che era in lui. Il filmato alle Bermuda mostra un sorprendente Michael Jackson che rivive letteralmente la sua infanzia "Penso che fosse una delle poche volte in cui gli era consentito avere libertà", dice Brock Goldstein. "Sembrava desiderasse che la vacanza non finisse mai"

La nostra vacanza con Michael Jackson esplora anche la motivazione dietro a questa voglia di Michael Jackson di giocare e perchè era così diffidente con gli adulti. "I bambini sono onesti", disse Jackson a Lynn Goldstein una sera durante il viaggio. "Mi posso fidare. Non ho mai conosciuto invece un adulto che non abbia finito, prima o poi, per volere qualcosa da me. "

Questa traduzione è per il Michael Jackson's Gold World. In caso di ripubblicazione citare la fonte riportando l'url diretto a questo post, (clicca sulla data del post per ottenere l'url diretto)

Edited by ArcoIris - 22/4/2018, 01:47

3. MyKing58

User deleted

Grazie per la traduzione.
    Una vita molto intensa, piena di insidie e di grandi dubbi per uno che amava le cose semplici, è il prezzo della fama! :-(

2 replies since 1/6/2014, 22:15   484 views