« Older   Newer »

1. ArcoIris

"The King of Pop"

Group
    Dangerous

Status
    Anonymous
    9629062joevogel

Joseph Vogel, author of Man in the Music: The Creative Life and Work of Michael Jackson

"Remember the Time" foregoes sensationalism in favor of a sympathetic but unsentimental examination of life behind the gates in Michael Jackson's final years.
    Told in conversational accounts by Jackson's former bodyguards, Bill Whitfield and Javon Beard, the narrative is by turns absorbing, routine, humorous, and tragic.
    A single father facing enormous financial pressures and a vagabond existence while trying to find some peace and joy with his three young children, Jackson is revealed, not as the 'freak show' the media so often presented, but as human. These recollections not only help fill in some of the biographical gaps in Jackson's life but demonstrate with unflinching detail the real-life price of fame."
    www.rememberthetime-book.com/

TRADUZIONE:
    "Remember the Time" rinuncia al sensazionalismo a favore di un esame simpatico ma non sentimentale della vita dietro i cancelli negli ultimi anni di Michael Jackson.
    Raccontato come la narrazione delle conversazioni delle guardie del corpo di Jackson, Bill Whitfield e Javon Beard, è di volta in volta avvincente, di routine, umoristica e tragica.
    Un genitore single di fronte a enormi pressioni finanziarie e ad un'esistenza vagabonda nel tentativo di trovare un po' di pace e di gioia con i suoi tre figli, Jackson si rivela, non come il "freak show" che i media hanno così spesso presentato, ma come un essere umano.
    Questi ricordi non solo aiutano a riempire alcune lacune biografiche della vita di Jackson, ma dimostrano con dettagli inflessibili nella vita reale, il prezzo della fama "
    Joseph Vogel, author of Man in the Music: The Creative Life and Work of Michael Jackson

36 replies since 22/4/2014, 20:39   2144 views