13 Giugno 2005 - 13 Giugno 2015 (Michael Jackson : INNOCENT 10th - FOREVER)

« Older   Newer »

1. ArcoIris

"The King of Pop"

Group
    Dangerous

Status
    Anonymous

June 13, ten years later: A day of reflection, not celebration for Michael Jackson fans

gdMmpzS

by Damien Shields

While I don’t tend to cover matters that don’t in one way or another relate to the King of Pop’s artistry, I couldn’t let June 13, 2015 pass without acknowledging the significance of the date. On this day, 10 years ago, Michael Jackson was vindicated and exonerated in a court of law after being found not guilty of bogus child molestation charges.

On June 13, 2005, fans around the world rejoiced that their idol – the most successful recording artist and performer of modern times – had been freed from the shackles of a gruelling four-and-a-half month trial. White doves were released for every one of the fourteen not guilty verdicts outside the courthouse. Fans cried, screamed, cheered, and hugged one another. I jumped into the air, fist-pumped in my living room at home, then wrote “INNOCENT” all over my arms and paraded them around at school. Aside from the jubilation of his innocence being proven (and the naysayers being proven wrong), there was this feeling of hope; hope that a new, uninhibited chapter of Jackson’s life and/or career might now be able to commence – after, of course, Jackson took the time to rehabilitate himself. The media, on the other hand, had other ideas, never truly allowing Jackson to escape the stigma the allegations had attached to him.

Upon reflection, in my own personal opinion, today should not be a day of celebration. If the 1993 Chandler accusations were the beginning of the end for Jackson, then June 13, 2005 marked the end of the beginning of the end. Although found not guilty by a jury of his peers in a court of law, Jackson received the death penalty. Merely four short years after emerging from the Santa Barbara County Courthouse what fans deemed to be “victorious,” his tragic fate was sealed. A harsh price to pay for a life dedicated to the betterment of others in the form of unparalleled entertainment and humanitarianism.

Be it spirited, light-hearted debates about which tour’s “Beat It” jacket is better or whether we prefer the Thriller or Ghosts short film; be it intellectual discussions on our personal interpretations of the meanings behind of some of Jackson’s deeper, more complex work; or be it full-on arguments about the legitimacy of Jackson’s Estate and their actions, Michael Jackson fans do not agree on much. But one thing we do agree on, and can always align in complete unity and go into battle together over, is his innocence.

So rather than personally rehash the entire saga in the form of a blog, I thought it more fitting to take this opportunity to share some of the great work that Jackson’s dedicated fans – his soldiers of love – have done to shine light on the truth.

Click the headlines to be taken to the source material.

Was Michael Jackson Framed?: The Untold Story That Brought Down a Superstar – The original GQ story by Mary A. Fischer that became an international sensation by exploring, for the first time in the media, the other side – the defence side – of the 1993 Michael Jackson scandal. Today, it remains a sought-after story by the superstar’s fans around the world.

One of the Most Shameful Episodes In Journalistic History – A brilliant article (perhaps the best article ever written on the subject) by UK court reporter, journalist, an Michael Jackson fan Charles Thomson exposing the media for the utterly disgraceful way in which Jackson’s 2005 trial was broadcast to the world.

Michael Jackson: Innocent – 28 February 2005 : Book 1 – A book published by author and Jackson activist D Francis (and contributions by Lynton Guest – author of The Trials of Michael Jackson) based on the premise that because the 2005 trial was not televised, the only facts in the public domain have been filtered through the sieve of incomplete and prejudiced reporting in the media.

The MJCast: Episode 010 – Vindication Day 10th Anniversary Special with Michael Jackson’s 2005 lead defence attorney Tom Mesereau, The MJCast co-hosts Jamon Bull and Q, and special guest host/legal correspondent Charles Thomson. Full episode embedded at the bottom of this article.

Michael Jackson, Delayed Allegations and Witch Hunts – An article written by author of Man in the Music: The Creative Life and Work of Michael Jackson Joe Vogel following the posthumous allegations made by choreographer Wade Robson in 2013.

Triumph: Celebrating a Decade Since Michael Jackson’s Acquittal – This article is comprised of extracts from The First Book of Michael by author and longtime Jackson fan Syl Mortilla.
    Source: www.damienshields.com/june-13-ten-years-later/

13 giugno, dieci anni dopo: una giornata di riflessione, non di festa per i fan di Michael Jackson

Anche se non tendo ad occuparmi di questioni che in un modo o in un altro non hanno a che fare con l'arte del Re del Pop, non potevo lasciar passare il 13 Giugno 2015 senza riconoscere il significato della data. In questo giorno, 10 anni fa, Michael Jackson è stato rivendicato e scagionato in un tribunale dopo essere stato giudicato non colpevole di falsi accuse di molestie a minori.

Il 13 giugno del 2005, i fan di tutto il mondo si rallegrarono che il loro idolo - il cantante di maggior successo e interprete dei tempi moderni - era stato liberato dalle catene di quattro mesi e mezzo estenuanti di giudizio. Al di fuori del palazzo di giustizia, colombe bianche sono state liberate per ognuno dei quattordici verdetti di non colpevolezza. I fan piangevano, urlavano, applaudivano, e si abbracciavano l'un l'altro. Ho fatoo un salto, ho dato un pugno nel mio soggiorno e ho corso intorno alla scuola con la scritta INNOCENTE su entrambe le braccia . A parte il giubilo che la innocenza fosse stata provata (e gli oppositori di essere smentiti), c'era questa sensazione di speranza; speranza che un nuovo capitolo, senza inibizioni di vita / o di carriera di Jackson poteva ricominciare - dopo, ovviamente, aver avuto il tempo di riabilitarsi. I media, d'altra parte, avevano altre idee, non avrebbero mai permesso a Jackson di sfuggire allo stigma delle accuse.

Riflettendoci, a mio parere personale, oggi non dovrebbe essere un giorno di festa. Se le accuse di Chandler del 1993 erano l'inizio della fine per Jackson, quel 13 giugno 2005 segnò la fine dell'inizio della fine. Anche se trovato non colpevole da una giuria di suoi pari in un'aula di tribunale, Jackson ha ricevuto la pena di morte. Solo quattro brevi anni dopo essere uscito dal Palazzo di Giustizia di Santa Barbara County in quello che i fan considerano "vittorioso", il suo tragico destino si è compiuto. Un duro prezzo da pagare per una vita dedicata a migliorare gli altri con un'intrattenimento senza precedenti e la filantropia.

Che si tratti di animati e spensierati dibattiti su quale giacca "Beat It" è meglio o se preferiamo il cortometraggio 'Thriller' o 'Ghosts'; che si tratti di discussioni intellettuali sulle nostre personali interpretazioni dei significati dietro alcuni dei più profondi e complessi lavori di Jackson o infinite argomentazioni sulla legittimità dell'Estate e le loro azioni, i fan di Michael Jackson non sono d'accordo su molte cose. Ma una cosa su cui siamo d'accordo e che ci fa schierare in completa unità e andare in battaglia insieme, è la sua innocenza.

Quindi, piuttosto che rivangare personalmente l'intera saga in un blog, ho pensato che è più adatto cogliere l'occasione per condividere alcuni dei grandi lavori che i devoti fan di Jackson - i suoi soldati dell'amore - hanno fatto per far risplendere la luce sulla verità.

----------------------------------------

Segnalo i link tradotti in Italiano. Gli altri, in lingua originale, li trovate elencati poco sopra.

Michael Jackson è stato incastrato? - La storia che nessuno aveva mai raccontato di Mary A. Fisher - GQ, Ottobre 1994

Uno degli episodi più vergognosi nella storia del giornalismo di Charles Thomson

Michael Jackson, accuse postume e la caccia alle streghe di Joe Vogel

Trionfo: celebrare un decennio da quando Michael Jackson è stato assolto di Syl Mortilla

Edited by ArcoIris - 23/6/2015, 00:35

21 replies since 13/6/2013, 02:38   1460 views