"The King of Pop"

Group
    Dangerous

Status
    Anonymous

'Off the Wall' is the sexiest album of all time

Michael Jackson's early-career release is sure to get you in the groove

I8hoYy0

In the last 20 years I’ve had more exposure to Michael Jackson as a cultural punchline than as a musician. What some people seem to forget is that before he was a mega star, before he was a smooth criminal, before he was a controversial figure, and before he became a joke, he was simply an amazing musician. My pick for sexiest album of all time looks past all that controversy — even past Thriller. My pick for the sexiest album of all time is Michael Jackson’s 1979 release, Off the Wall.

All things considered, this album is great simply due to its sheer production value and talent. Not only did Jackson have a solid team of musicians backing him on it, he also had none other than famed producer Quincy Jones manning the board. The resulting album is a combination of disco, funk, R&B, soft rock, and jazz that just grooves. Aside from excellent production and musicianship, the songs are well crafted. Jackson sings a selection of numbers written by himself, Stevie Wonder, Rod Temperton, and Paul McCartney.

One standout track is “Girlfriend,” a Paul McCartney-penned slow jam propelled by a bouncy bass and some classic analog synth work from before the days of MIDI. The song is nowhere near as good as any of McCartney’s other post-Beatles work, either as a solo artist or with Wings, but as one of the more mellow tracks, it stands out here.

“It’s the Falling in Love” is probably the hottest “filler” track on the album that didn’t become a hit. This is classic disco, except the song is actually good. No disrespect to Diana Ross, but disco doesn’t have the greatest longevity — I suggest you enjoy it in small doses of well-written pop songs.

Finally, the real work of art here is the album’s sexiest song: “Rock with You.” This track was a massive hit for Michael Jackson, and it stands out as one of the best cuts on the album, rivaled only by “Don’t Stop ‘Til You Get Enough.” “Rock with You” regularly appears on the Michael Jackson greatest hits and compilation albums that continue to be released posthumously. I won’t argue that this song is better than “Thriller,” “Bad,” “Beat It,” or any of the other hits that Jackson has enjoyed throughout his career, but this may be one of his best-crafted songs: solid groove, great hook, sexy all around.

The sexiness of this album might not be apparent upon first listen, but the combination of disco and R&B provides the perfect amount of groove for any kind of loving. This is the kind of music that demands you move as you listen.

For bonus points, play this record on vinyl, or better yet eight-track tape, for some really sophisticated romancing. Remember to stretch properly before and after, and always hydrate regularly.

www.the-peak.ca/2015/07/off-the-wal...um-of-all-time/

Edited by ArcoIris - 9/4/2018, 00:34

Quando tutti intorno a te sono in preda al panico e tu sei perfettamente tranquillo, forse non hai capito qual è il problema

Group
    Dangerous

Status
    Anonymous

'Off the Wall' è l'album più sexy di tutti i tempi

La prima uscita della carriera di Michael Jackson sicuramente ti appassionerà .

Negli ultimi 20 anni ho prestato maggiore attenzione a Michael Jackson come apporto culturale piuttosto che come musicista. Quello che molta gente sembra dimenticare è che prima di essere una mega star, uno smooth criminal, prima di essere una figura controversa, e prima di diventare una barzelletta, era assolutamente un musicista incredibile. La mia scelta dell'album più sexy di tutti i tempi guarda oltre a tutte le polemiche - anche oltre Thriller. La mia scelta per l'album più sexy di tutti i tempi è l'uscita del 1979 di Michael Jackson, Off the Wall.

Tutto sommato, la grandezza di questo album è dovuta semplicemente al valore della sua pura composizione e al talento. Non solo Jackson ha un solido team di musicisti che lo appoggiano ha avuto anche nientemeno che il famoso produttore Quincy Jones . L'album risultante è una combinazione di disco, funk, soft R & B, e il jazz che dà il ritmo. Oltre a un'ottima composizione e musicalità, le canzoni sono ben realizzate. Jackson canta una selezione scritta da lui stesso, Stevie Wonder, Rod Temperton, e Paul McCartney.

Una traccia eccezionale è "Girlfriend", un lento mix di Paul McCartney spinta da un basso vivace e da alcuni classici lavori di synth analogico prima dei giorni di MIDI. La canzone non è così bella come altre opere di McCartney post-Beatles, sia come solista o con i Wings, ma qui si distingue come uno dei brani più morbidi.

"It's the Falling in Love" è probabilmente la traccia più calda dell'album che non è diventata un successo. E' disco classica , ma la canzone in realtà è buona. Non per mancare di rispetto a Diana Ross, ma la disco non ha grande longevità - vi suggerisco di godervela a piccole dosi tra le canzoni pop ben scritte.

Infine, la vera opera d'arte qui è la canzone più sexy dell'album: "Rock with You." Questa è stata un enorme successo per Michael Jackson, e si distingue come una delle migliori dell'album, paragonabile solo a "Don ' t Stop 'Til You Get Enough. "" Rock with You "appare regolarmente nei più grandi successi di Michael Jackson e nelle compilation che continuano a essere rilasciate postume. Non voglio sostenere che questa canzone sia meglio di "Thriller", "Bad", "Beat It", o uno qualsiasi degli altri successi di Jackson durante la sua carriera, ma potrebbe essere una delle sue migliori canzoni di mestiere: ritmo solido, grande slancio, atmosfera sexy .

La sensualità di questo album potrebbe non essere evidente a un primo ascolto, ma la combinazione di disco e R & B offre la perfetta quantità di ritmo per ogni tipo di amore. Questo è il tipo di musica che vi coinvolge appena la sentite.

Come bonus, ascoltate questo disco su vinile, o meglio ancora con il nastro a otto piste, per una storia d' amore veramente raffinata . Ricordate di fare stretching come si deve prima e dopo, e idratatevi sempre regolarmente.

Edited by ArcoIris - 9/4/2018, 00:35

"The King of Pop"

Group
    Just Good Friends

Status
    E' veramente un album straordinario, grazie per il bellissimo articolo Betel

"The King of Pop"

Group
    Threatened

Status
    Anonymous
    Dici Moon?.. son daccordo eh..ma perché. .straordinario?

"The King of Pop"

Group
    Just Good Friends

Status
    "Rock with You" è molto coinvolgente, il video poi è fantastico, "Off the Wall" è bellissima e molto ballabile

4 replies since 9/7/2015, 13:02   139 views