« Older   Newer »

"The King of Pop"

Group
    Threatened

Status
    Anonymous
    The Evolution of Michael Jackson's Hair
    by A.J.DuggerIII

While the rest of the world was obsessed with Michael Jackson's changing appearance, something else on him was changing that went relatively unnoticed......his hair. Michael wore a variety of hairstyles during his life. Being the son of a hairdresser, I can look at a person's hair for a split second and know how it was styled. Growing up around hair products and beauticians, I couldn't help but observe everything (even though I didn't really want to). My mother does hair and was a singer. In fact she was on CBS Records with Michael Jackson during the 1980s. You can read about it here.

As a huge Michael Jackson fan growing up, I realized that Michael Jackson put as much thought into his hair as he did his songwriting and dance routines. There was more to Michael's hair than meets the eye, and that's what I'm about to explore.

Mini-Afro

LNJAISN

This picture was obviously taken during the late 1960s, probably a little after the Jackson 5 were signed to Motown Records. This picture of Michael, (who might be 11 years old) shows the beginnings of an afro. African hair naturally grows this way, which is why we call it our natural hair. In this pic, his hair looks combed and packed in neat.

The Afro

G3nZ6yJ

Mike looks 14 here. (I think the picture was taken in 1972). This is an afro, similar to the one worn by Ronald McDonald (only not dyed with the color of ketchup.) Michael's hair looks thick and healthy; not at all what it would look like 30 years later but I'll get to that in a minute. This was the early 1970s and the Black Power Movement was in. The Jacksons were not militant but any black person wearing their natural afro hair back then was supporting social change as well as the "Black is Beautiful" phrase. It was all about embracing your culture and being happy with yourself. The following is a picture of Michael from 1976 or 1977, sporting what he called his "crown" afro.

Crown Afro

3HVmxQC

Michael looks unhappy here, and it's no mystery why. His life was hectic during this time--a changing voice, a growth spurt, leaving Motown (and big brother Jermaine) and a traumatizing case of acne. Worst of all, he hated his nose. I wish I were born back then to tell him, "Look on the bright side, Mike. You won the afro contest!!" Sure enough, Michael's crown afro was the king and would have swallowed the smaller afros worn by his brothers.

Natural Hair? Beat It!!

sN0FmhZ

In the 1980s, the afro was replaced by an emerging style....the Jheri Curl. To get a Jheri Curl, a person straightens their hair with a chemical called a relaxer. Spraying an expensive bottle of hair spray called "activator" into the hair will provide a glossy sheen and bring the curly texture to life. The curl is often called a "wash and wear" hairstyle, meaning the wetter it is, the better it looks.

Michael kept up with the urban trends. He knew all the latest break-dance moves, fashion statements, and was no different when it came to popular hairstyles. In 1979 he trimmed his "crown afro" and opted for a new look. The beginnings of Michael's Jheri Curl journey began in the music videos for the Off The Wall album and the Triumph tour with his brothers. (pictured above)

"Thriller Curls"

OlciINW

In 1982, Michael released his Thriller album and dominated the music scene. By this point, his Jheri Curl had grown longer. To distinguish himself, Michael wore a part in his hair. He also allowed a few curls to hang over his eye, something that became a trademark. Here is a video of him getting his hair styled for the photo cover of the Thriller album. The relaxer had already been applied; he and his crew were combing and styling to get the desired look.

One of the things that made Michael unique was that he never wore his hair the same way. For example, take a good look at Michael's hair during the iconic Thriller video. In the video's opening scene, Michael's hair looked wavy and relaxed--the result of careful combing and sculpting.
    9IJfTbY

Later in the video, his hair looked more curly and wild, the result of picking out the curls with a comb. He probably preferred it this way because of the dancing. After all, even Superman's trademark curl would be a mess after executing a superhuman dance routine with the walking dead.
    BOufUZn

Remember, he's wearing the same hairstyle, just alternating the look of it. Michael's co-star, Ola Ray, also had a jheri curl in the video. How cute!!

A "Stringy" Curl

IWZ1NML

One thing the King of Pop loved to do was wet his hair. When you wet a Jheri Curl, the curls become much looser and result in a wet, stringy look. Michael wet his hair a lot during the BAD and Victory tours (pictured above). He also had a wet head when he was burned in 1984.

A Fiery Setback

aEz4Q26

When Michael Jackson was burned during the filming of a Pepsi commercial in January 1984, it changed his life forever. Not only was this the start of a drug addiction, but the beginning of his fondness for wigs and hairpieces. I know the picture above is not pretty, but he suffered second and third degree burns on his scalp. Your hair is not coming back from that. If it does, it won't be in its original condition. Remember how thick Michael's afro looked in the earlier photos? If his hair returned at all, it would not be that thick. Not even close. Regardless, Michael carried on wearing a hairpiece that covered his bald spots. I honestly can't tell you how much of his hair grew back because he kept the burned areas covered for the rest of his life. But I suspect that his hair became thin around the burn areas.

Jheri Curls are notorious to this very day because of the flammable oils within the activator. Michael told several people that he didn't wear any activator that night; only water. Despite that, the activator he applied during the previous days was still present in his hair and ignited the sparks. If you ever pick up any bottle of activator, including Care Free Curl (the activator Michael used) the back of the bottle says, "Caution: HIGHLY FLAMMABLE. Keep away from open flames."

Who's BAD?

Xw5RQFB

By 1987, Michael's Jheri Curl grew into a long shag that he constantly tossed as he danced. He maintained the part in his hair and combed out the curls, making them appear bigger and looser, as opposed to the small and tight curls he had earlier on. His hair looked awesome, but I'm not convinced it was all his.
    Michael's hair was short during the black and white scenes in the BAD video, but suddenly became long once the song kicked in?

6ipSED0

To give Michael the benefit of the doubt, the black or white scenes were filmed in January 1987 and the color scenes were shot that summer, but that still isn't enough time for Michael to grow his hair out that freakishly long.
    His "hair" also looked healthy and full, even where he had been burned. He was obviously wearing extensions to make his hair appear fuller, thicker and longer.

A lot of people, (both black and white) were puzzled by Michael's sudden change in skin color. Today we know that he had a skin disorder that he kept under wraps. But back in 1987, some people thought he was trying to hide his ancestry. Due to the fact that Michael couldn't help his skin condition and millions of black people were wearing Jheri Curls at the time, I don't see how he could be labeled a "sell-out." But that's another topic for another blog. Let's fast forward to 1991.

Dangerous

95p9NhS

Michael welcomed the '90s with a new sound and look. In addition to replacing Quincy Jones with Teddy Riley as his main collaborator, Michael traded in his trademark curls for a loose, stringy look. There's still a slight curl pattern in his hair, but this new hairstyle fit him as well as the New Jack Swing tracks on the Dangerous album. The name of this hairstyle is the wave nouveau. It looks similar to a Jheri Curl but highlights waves more than curls.

RereAZs

This is personally my favorite hairstyle on Michael. I wore it briefly myself in college a few years before I started my dreads. He straightened his hair with a hot comb or a straightener, but I honestly can't tell you which method he used. Like the Jheri Curl, Michael wore the wave nouveau for years but constantly modified the appearance of his hair. The picture below is a rare shot of Michael from behind the scenes of his Dangerous video, Give In To Me. Unlike the previous pictures I posted, he decided to enhance the curls by using activator. He wore his hair this way on the Dangerous tour as well.

grvWZ9t

Curly or Straight?

Michael did too much to his hair in 1993. For example, his hair looked loose and curly when he performed at the Superbowl on January 31, but was straight when he was interviewed by Oprah just a few weeks later on February 10. Take a look.

A5T0lUg

The man certainly had the money to get a fresh relaxer put in his hair each week and evidently was doing just that. His hair looked great but getting too many perms will thin your hair out. I know of quite a few people who had their hair eaten and destroyed by those hair chemicals in relaxers. Another scary thought is that Michael had been wearing relaxers non-stop since 1979. He never once gave his hair a break. Little Richard and James Brown wore relaxers quite often but occasionally went natural to give their hair a break from all those chemicals. Michael never did that. The last time we saw his natural hair was his crown afro on the original cover of the Off The Wall album in 1979. I think all those years of chemicals had caught up to him by late 1993, as evidenced by the picture below.

Uh-Oh. Hair (and legal) troubles..

flfA5QR

His hair doesn't look healthy here. It appears to be thinning and breaking off in places. Michael probably didn't care because he had bigger issues to worry about, including allegations of child abuse. But a change had to be made to save his ailing hair, and he made that change in 1995.

Make That Change....

ptTuap9

From the looks of things, the 1995 MTV awards was the last time we saw Michael wear all of his own hair in public. He couldn't resist getting another relaxer to maintain those curls, but there's no weave or anything. If he is wearing a hairpiece, it's a small one towards the back of his head to conceal the burn spots. This look (and performance) got a positive reaction from his critics.

Wigs: Give In To Me

1xKjCFo

Wait, how did Michael's hair grow so fast within a year? One year after his mesmerizing performance at the 1995 MTV awards, Michael's hair looked long again during the filming of the Scream video with little sister, Janet. This was one of the first times Michael wore a wig. The wig's texture is completely different from Michael's real hair. Not only that, but it's a different texture from Michael's relaxed hair, too. I think Michael was concealing his real hair to give it a rest from relaxers. During the entire HIStory era, Michael's hair would look short in one appearance and suddenly long in the next. Michael evidently didn't care if anyone knew he was wearing wigs.

"Invincible" Hair

Gw7SZfl

No wonder Michael named his 2001 album Invincible. His hair certainly was, concealed by wigs for nearly the rest of the decade. In the above picture, one look at the hairline reveals a lace front wig. The 2000s were like a rerun of the late 90s for Michael's hair; it would appear short one day, then hang down his back the next. I didn't care for the wigs he wore during those years, although I'm partial to these two.
    tr7nLny

The wigs he wore from 2000 until April 2009 were usually bone straight. Some were curled under at the bottom. I suspect that he was wearing his natural hair underneath and giving it a much needed break from perms. Since he wasn't performing much during this period, I suppose it was the perfect time for a hair hiatus.

In my opinion, there was no spice to these wigs and I found myself almost praying that he would do something new with his hair. I couldn't see him performing wearing those boring lace front wigs. Michael apparently agreed with me and surprised everyone by reuniting with the wave nouveau. You know what that means? Curls!!!

This Is It

iYerVQS

It looks like Michael returned to the wave nouveau for the ill-fated This Is It concerts. I was really excited to see this. He resembled the Michael Jackson of my childhood. From looking at it, it appears that Michael is wearing his real hair for the first time for years, but there are extentions to make it appear fuller and longer than it really is. My immediate guess was that his real hair was attached to a wig and I was proven right when I read the autopsy report. This wig appeared a lot more natural than the recent ones he wore. And unlike the others, he actually wore his own hair with the wig in this case.
    Michael wore a variety of different styles throughout his career. He always changed with the times, transitioning from an afro to Jheri Curl, and then branching off in other styles. But regardless of what style he chose, he always modified it in a way to make his hair stand out. Michael Jackson was an innovator in many ways. Not just in music, but with his hair.

December 2013 Update: Wow is all I can say. I didn't know that so many people would read this blog and enjoy it the way they have. People are quick to forget that this man was the greatest entertainer ever and if you're gonna perform in sold-out stadiums to millions and millions of people all over the world, your hair better be looking good! That's another thing Michael Jackson taught us. Thanks for reading and share this with your friends.

"It's all for love. L.O.V.E."
    -Michael Jackson, 2009

www.ajdugger.com/blog/the-evolution-of-michael-jacksons-hair

Edited by ArcoIris - 27/6/2018, 04:49

"The King of Pop"

Group
    Threatened

Status
    Anonymous

L'evoluzione dei capelli di Michael Jackson

di A.J.DuggerIII

Mentre il resto del mondo si ossessionava con l'apparente cambiamento dell'aspetto di Michael Jackson, c'era qualcosa che in effetti cambiava, ed era completamente inosservato...... i capelli. Michael, ha cambiato un sacco di acconciature nella sua vita. Essendo figlio di un parrucchiere, posso guardare i capelli di una persona per una frazione di secondo e sapere come sono stati realizzati. Cresciuto intorno ai prodotti per capelli e di bellezza, non ho potuto fare a meno di osservare tutto quanto (anche se non ne avevo voglia). Mia madre è una parrucchiera e una cantante. In realtà lei era alla CBS Records con Michael Jackson negli anni 80.

Come grande fan di Michael Jackson crescendo, mi sono reso conto che Michael Jackson aveva riservato molta attenzione ai suoi capelli come faceva con le canzoni e le coreografie. C'è molto di più da dire, ed è quello che sto per fare.

Mini-Afro

Questa foto è stata evidentemente presa durante la fine del 1960, poco dopo che i Jackson 5 aveva firmato con la Motown Records. Questa immagine di Michael, (dove ha circa 11 anni) mostra l'inizio di un acconciatura afro. I capelli africani crescono naturalmente in questo modo, è l'acconciatura che definiamo naturale. In questa foto i capelli sembrano molto ordinati.

Afro

Mike ha circa 14 anni. (Penso che la foto è stata scattata nel 1972). Questo è un acconciatura afro, simile a quella indossata da Ronald McDonald (solo senza i capellli tinti di rosso.) I capelli di Michael qui sembrano grossi e sani; molto diversi rispetto a come invece appariranno 30 anni dopo, ma ne parleremo poi. Eravamo negli anni 70 e il Movimento per il Potere Nero era molto in voga a quei tempi. I Jacksons non erano militanti, ma qualsiasi persona di colore che portava i capelli afro al naturale sosteneva un cambiamento sociale e la frase "Black is Beautiful" . Si trattava di abbracciare la propria cultura ed essere felici di farlo. Nella foto che segue invece del 1976 o 1977, sfoggia quella che veniva definita una "corona" afro.

La Corona "Afro"

Michael non sembra molto felice qui, e il motivo non è un mistero. La sua vita era molto difficile in questo periodo - la voce che cambiava di tono, la sua crescita, il fatto che avessero lasciato la Motown (e il fratello Jermaine che era rimasto invece) e un caso di acne traumatizzante. Ma più di ogni altra cosa odiava il suo naso. Vorrei essere nato allora per potergli dire: "Guarda il lato positivo, Mike. Hai vinto il concorso afro !!" Sono abbastanza sicuro che con quella capigliatura non poteva che vincere ,battendo in un solo colpo anche le acconciature degli altri fratelli.

Capelli naturali?? Beat It!!

Nel 1980, l'afro venne sostituito da uno stile più nuovo .... il Jheri Curl. Per ottenere un Jheri Curl, un afro doveva lisciarsi i capelli con una sostanza chimica chiamata rilassante. Fatto questo veniva spruzzato sui capelli una sorta di costoso spray chiamato "attivatore" che li ricopriva di una patina lucida e permetteva di appiattire e definire la struttura . Il riccio veniva in sostanza lavato e acconciato restando sempre umido.

Michael teneva il passo con le tendenze urbane. Conosceva la più recente break-dance, cosa era di moda, comprese le acconciature più popolari. Nel 1979 tagliò la sua "corona afro" e optò per un nuovo look. La Jheri Curl è possibile vederla nei video musicali dell'album Off The Wall e nel tour Triumph con i suoi fratelli. (Nella foto sopra)

I Riccioli di " Thriller"

Nel 1982, Michael pubblicò l'album Thriller dominando la scena musicale. A questo punto, il suo Jheri Curl era più lungo. Per distinguersi, Michael indossava anche delle ciocche di suoi capelli. attaccate davanti al viso, un qualcosa che è poi diventato un suo marchio distintivo.
    Una delle cose che ha reso Michael unico era che lui non portava mai i capelli nello stesso identico modo. Ad esempio, se guardate il video di Thriller , nella scena iniziale del video i capelli di Michael sembrano ondulati e stirati - il risultato di un'attenta pettinatura e acconciatura.
    Ma dopo, sempre nel video, i suoi capelli sembrano più ricci e selvaggi, il risultato dell'averli alzati con il pettine. Probabilmente preferiva in questo modo per danzare. Dopo tutto, anche il ricciolo perfetto di Superman sarebbe un disastro dopo una sequenza di ballo sovrumana come quella.
    Ricordate, il taglio di capelli è lo stesso, ma sembra diverso. Anche la co-protagonista di Michael, Ola Ray, aveva un Jheri Curl nel video. Che carina !!

Un "riccio" sfilato

Una cosa che il Re del Pop amava fare era bagnarsi i capelli. Quando si bagna un Jheri Curl, i ricci diventano molto più flessibili e mostrano un aspetto più sfilato. Michael si bagnava molto i capelli nel BAD tour e nel Victory tour (nella foto sopra). Aveva la testa bagnata anche quando si bruciò i capelli nel 1984.

Una battuta d'arresto

Quando Michael Jackson si bruciò la testa, durante le riprese di uno spot per la Pepsi nel gennaio 1984, la sua vita cambiò per sempre. Non solo questo rappresentò l'inizio della tossicodipendenza, ma anche l'inizio della passione per parrucche e posticci. L'immagine qui sopra non rende l'idea, ma ha sofferto ustioni di II e III grado sul cuoio capelluto. I capelli non ricrescono mai più. E se anche lo fanno, non saranno mai naturali come prima. Ricordate la quantità dei capelli afro di Michael nelle foto precedenti? Beh, anche ricrescendo non sarebbero mai più stati in quel modo., nemmeno lontanamente. Indipendentemente da ciò, Michael iniziò a portare una sorta di parrucchino che coprisse la parte calva. Onestamente non posso dirvi quanto dei suoi capelli sia poi ricresciuto perché ha coperto le aree bruciate per il resto della sua vita. Ma ho il sospetto che almeno intorno i capelli fossero diventati molto molto sottili.

L'acconciatura Jheri Curl è conosciuta proprio per gli oli infiammabili contenuti nell' attivatore. Michael disse a diverse persone che non indossava alcun attivatore quella notte; solo acqua. Nonostante questo, l'attivatore probabilmente rimasto da applicazioni precedenti prese fuoco con le scintille. Se vi capita di vedere una bottiglia di questo tipo di attivatore, sull'etichetta nel retro cita, "Attenzione. FACILMENTE INFIAMMABILE Tenere lontano da fiamme libere."

Who's Bad

Nel 1987, il Jheri Curl di Michael è più lungo e sfilettato . La parte vicina all'attaccatura è più riccia e il resto dei ricci è spettinato il che li fa apparire più grandi e larghi, molto diversi dai ricciolini che aveva in precedenza. I suoi capelli sono stupendi, ma io non sono convinto che fossero tutti suoi.
    I capelli di Michael sono molto più corti e diversi, nelle scene in bianco e nero nel video di BAD,e poi improvvisamente cambiano?
    Per dare a Michael il beneficio del dubbio, le scene in bianco e nero vennero girate nel mese di gennaio del 1987 e il resto del video nell'estate dello stesso anno, ma non è ancora abbastanza perchè i capelli di Michael potessero crescere così tanto.
    I suoi "capelli" appaiono perfettamente sani anche nella zona ustionata. Io credo indossasse delle extension perchè apparissero più pieni grossi e lunghi.

Molte persone sono rimaste perplesse per il cambiamento del colore della pelle di Michael. Oggi sappiamo che aveva una malattia della pelle che distrugge i melanociti. Ma nel 1987, alcune persone pensavano che stesse cercando di nascondere la sua discendenza. Michael non poteva far nulla sulla condizione della sua pelle e milioni di persone di colore portavano acconciature Jheri Curl in quel periodo, così non capisco perchè dovesse essere etichettato come un "traditore" Ma questo è un altro argomento per un altro blog. Andiamo avanti veloci al 1991.

Dangerous

Michael accolse con fervore gli anni '90 con un nuovo sound e un nuovo look. Oltre a sostituire Quincy Jones con Teddy Riley come suo principale collaboratore, Michael si presentò con un riccio più sciolto e lungo. C'è ancora una traccia vaga del suo riccio afro, ma questo nuovo taglio di capelli gli si adatta perfettamente così come il nuovo swing delle canzoni dell'album Dangerous. Il nome di questo taglio di capelli è il wave nouveau. Sembra simile ad un Jheri Curl ma evidenzia maggiormente l'onda del ricciolo.
    Questo è personalmente il mio taglio di capelli preferito su Michael. L'ho indossato pure io per qualche anno al college. Io lo facevo usando un pettine a caldo, ma onestamente non posso dire se il suo metodo era lo stesso. Come il Jheri Curl, Michael indossò il wave nouveau per anni, ma continuando a cambiare leggermente . L'immagine qui sotto è una rara immagine di Michael dal dietro le quinte del suo video di Dangerous, Give In To Me. A differenza delle immagini precedenti che ho postato, i riccioli sono messi in evidenza con un attivatore. Portava i capelli in questo modo anche durante il Tour.

Ricci o Lisci?

Michael cambiò di nuovo nel 1993. Ad esempio, i capelli sciolti e ricci sembravano simili a quando si era esibito al Superbowl il 31 gennaio, ma quando invece venne intervistato da Oprah poche settimane più tardi il 10 febbraio, erano lisci. Date un'occhiata .

Di certo non gli mancava i soldi per potersi far fare un diverso stiraggio ogni settimana e credo che questo abbia fatto. I suoi capelli sembrano perfetti, ma con troppe permanenti i capelli si assottigliano. Conosco diverse persone che hanno finito per rovinarsi i capelli a forza di farsi trattamenti chimici. E la cosa abbastanza preoccupante è che Michael faceva uso di tecniche chimiche sui capelli dai 1979. Credo che non ci sia stato un momento in cui i suoi capelli hanno potuto respirare. Little Richard e James Brown si facevano stirare i capelli molto spesso, ma di tanto in tanto lasciavano anche i capelli al naturale . Michael non l'ha fatto. L'ultima volta che abbiamo visto i suoi capelli al naturale è nella cover dell'album Off the Wall del 1979. Credo che negli anni , la mole di prodotti chimici avessero svilito completamente il capello come si nota dalla foto qui sotto del 1993.

Uh-oh, Problemi ai capelli e legali

I suoi capelli non sembrano in gran forma qui. Sembrano diradati e anche spezzati. A Michael probabilmente non importava perché aveva problemi più grandi di cui preoccuparsi, comprese le accuse di abusi sui minori. Ma un cambiamento doveva essere fatto per salvare i suoi capelli in difficoltà, e nel 1995 lo fece.

Fare un cambiamento...

Dando un occhio agli anni dopo, è possibile che il 1995 durante gli MTV Awards, sia stata l'ultima volta che abbiamo visto Michael con i suoi veri capelli . Di sicuro non avrebbero retto ad un altro stiraggio. Se anche aveva un parrucchino, è piccolo e sulla parte posteriore della testa per nascondere le bruciature. Questa acconciatura (e performance) ottenne una reazione positiva dai suoi critici.

Parrucche: Give in To Me

Aspetta, come hanno fatto i capelli di Michael a crescere così in fretta in un anno? Un anno dopo la sua performance agli MTV Awards del 1995, i capelli di Michael sono di nuovo lunghi durante le riprese di Scream con la sorellina, Janet. Questa è stata una delle prime volte che Michael indossava una parrucca. La consistenza di una parrucca è completamente diversa dai capelli veri di Michael. Non solo, qui lo spessore del capello è proprio diverso,. Credo che Michael avesse deciso di nascondere i suoi capelli naturali per farli riposare. Durante l'intero periodo HIStory, i capelli di Michael sono apparsi più corti e più lunghi in varie occasioni. A Michael evidentemente non importava se qualcuno sapeva che indossava parrucche.

I capelli di Invincible

Nessuna meraviglia che Michael ha chiamato il suo album del 2001 Invincible. I suoi capelli lo erano certamente, nascosti da parrucche per quasi tutto il resto del decennio. Nella foto qui sopra, uno sguardo alla linea sottile nel centro fa capire che si tratta di una parrucca. Negli anni 2000 Michael porta i capelli in modo simile alla fine degli anni 90 , una volta corti, una volta lunghi. Non mi importa che indossasse delle parrucche.
    Le parrucche che indossava dal 2000 fino ad aprile 2009 erano di solito molto lisce. Alcune erano un pò arricciate sulle punte. Credo lo scopo fosse sempre quello di far riposare i suoi capelli. Dal momento che non si esibiva molto in questo periodo,era il miglior modo.

A mio parere, non gli donavano molto e mi sono ritrovato molto spesso a pregare che si inventasse qualcosa di diverso per i suoi capelli. E Michael apparentemente d'accordo con me e ha sorpreso tutti riapparendo di nuovo con la Wave nouveau. Sapete cosa significa? Riccioli !!!

This Is It

Così Michael è tornato con la sua acconciatura più amata per i concerti di This Is It . Ne ero molto contento. Assomigliava al Michael Jackson della mia infanzia. Guardandolo, sembrava che Michael avesse i suoi capelli naturali , anche se ci sono delle extension per farli apparire più pieni e più lunghi di quanto non fossero in realtà. La mia ipotesi immediata fu che avesse i suoi capelli con delle extension cosa che poi è stata confermata dal referto dell'autopsia, che in realtà parla di parrucca. Il suo aspetto era più naturale così.
    Michael ha avuto una varietà di stili diversi durante la sua carriera. Ha sempre cambiato anche con le mode, il passaggio da afro al Jheri Curl, e gli altri stili. Ma indipendentemente dalle scelte, ha sempre cambiato e fatto però in modo che i suoi ricci fossero più evidenti. Michael Jackson è stato un innovatore in molti modi. Non solo nella musica, ma anche con i suoi capelli.

Questa traduzione è a opera di Valerie77 per il Michael Jackson's Gold World. In caso di Ripubblicazione citare la fonte riportando l'url diretto a questo post. (per ottenere l'url diretto, clicca sulla data)

3. Who's Bad?

User deleted

Personalmente amo tutte le sue acconciature :comm8jk.gif: , sopratutto quelle ricce come quella di Bad e Dangerous :sosi: Quelle invece che preferisco di meno sono dell'era Invincible :maaah: (capisco che doveva lasciarli a riposo dopo tutti quei trattamenti) difatti ho adorato il ritorno al riccio in This Is It :happy: :<3:

"The King of Pop"

Group
    Threatened

Status
    Anonymous
    Su questa faccenda dell'adorare i Ricci, pare che ci sia una sorta di gemellaggio mondiale!!! hahaha... siamo tutte daccordo..
    Magari si fa distinzione fra corti e lunghi ma, i Ricci, sono IMPRESCINDIBILI.. LOL.

Cioè con i ricci è............. OMG.. :vibrate: :vibrate: :alcool:
    Però va anche detto ( come l'autore sottolinea spesso) che Michael ha fatto la moda, ma la seguiva anche.. e al di la del dover far riposare i suoi capelli(verissimo, ma non solo per i trattamenti chimici temo) e comunque avrebbe potuto usare una parrucca riccia.. ci sono stati anni, in cui i riccioli erano banditi proprio.
    Cioè avere i ricci era completamente OUT.
    Per fortuna e adesso va qualunque cosa.. lunghi corti, ricci lisci.. ma abbiamo passato decenni dove veramente la Moda sia nell'abbigliamento che nelle acconciature dettava legge assoluta.
    E io credo che questa sia stata la ragione per cui le parrucche scelte erano lisce.

"The King of Pop"

Group
    Just Good Friends

Status
    A me piace col capello lungo come in Black or White

"Jackson 5"

Group

Status
    La mia acconciatura preferita è quella di "beat it"
    Non mi piace quella di invicible quella di remember the time e quelle con capelli lunghi e lisci.

Allora aveva i suoi capelli ancora?
    Adoro il caschetto di
    "you are not alone"

Edited by Leticia Gioia - 26/7/2022, 23:40

5 replies since 22/3/2015, 16:28   6905 views