Michael: "Diario" della paura

« Older   Newer »

1. Wivvy

User deleted

Part Four

1999 • Michael is 40 years old
    München
    Miri L., fan of Michael remembers: “And the next second we saw…Michael!!! Oh wow, he looked soooooo good!!! He just wore sunglasses but no mask and no fedora. He hold an umbrella. He walked right up to a little stage which they had built for him. He stood there and waved. Then he started to greet the fans. He started at the opposite side and we couldn’t see anything. But we thought it was okay ’coz he promised to come to our side, too. But there were some idiots who jumped the barriers and ran to Michael. And we all screamed: ‘Go back! Leave him alone!!!’ and stuff but they wouldn’t listen. The police had no chance. As Michael saw the many people in front of the barrier he turned around and disappeared inside the hotel. We were soooooo angry. I really can’t express that in words. How could they do that?”

2000 • Michael is 41 years old
    Monaco, May 11th
    A whole week Michael was in Monaco because of the World Music Awards. Fans of all countries arrived there, too in order to see him. From time to time the scenes at the hotel were frightening. It was so hard that Michael always left and entered the hotel through a little side-entrance. It’s even said that one time he came out of the hotel in the middle of the night with Prince and his Bodyguard Wayne to get a bit fresh air! At night there were hardly any people.
    … But besides this there had also been something special!

A fan remembers: I always have to think of the scene were Michael drove in this sweet little ‘Smart’-car which was a present from the WMAs. Apparantly he wanted that we could see him so he took this little car without darkened panes. I think that he soon wished he hadn’t done so, because within seconds the car was heavily mobbed by fans. They literally lay on it and screamed so loudly that my stomach turned around. The ‘Smart’ was not able to drive. I really prayed that there would come the time when they let the car go and that the panes wouldn’t break — otherwise that would have ended badly for Michael and many others!
    But we also did something very special and good! At the end of Michael’s stay all the fans got together and wrote Michael a letter. A FttF-team member proposed that to us. We promised to stay calmer when he’d leave. We knew that he had his children with him and we were sure that he didn’t want them to see such a chaos! At least for his children Michael wants peace. And it worked!! (at least almost :-) )! We all were very proud of us, and for the first time we felt like a real family. That I will never forget!

2001 • Michael is 42 years old
    February, Carnegie Hall
    At the Carnegie Hall thing I went there and saw Michael get mobbed. I didn’t think that much of it, cause I don’t know… I just didn’t. A few days later I was talking to a fan outside ‘Four Seaons’ where Michael had been that morning.
    She told me what she had seen. She had been a part of the group, and Michael had left the hotel in an SUV. Like everyone else, she had surrounded the car, but ended up in front of it, rather than on the side. People were banging on the windows and the car was rocking.
    All of a sudden she catches a glimpse of Michael in the car. He is sitting way in the middle, cradling a little girl — his daughter Paris. My friend could hear the little girl scream at the top of her lungs, and Michael was holding her close. Kissing her forehead, seemingly trying to comfort the little girl. My friend caught Michael’s eyes and she said it was like being punched in the stomach: She said that Michael looked like a deer caught in the headlights of a car, totally terrified.
    He was trying to comfort a little girl who was probably scared to death, at the same time as he seemed terrified himself.
    When she told me, I felt like I was punched in the stomach.

I’ve since then travelled to see Michael, yes, but I made a vow:
    I will never go see Michael unless it is a public event. I will not travel to see him on vacations etc. I’ll go to the gates of Neverland, but not chase the car.
    I will never chase Michael’s car, bang on the windows or in any way mob him. If I’m somewhere that Michael is, I’mma be calm and just there.
    I hope that one day, Michael will never have to feel like he seemingly did that day… And I pray that his children will never have to go through it again either…
    by Minnie

March, Oxford-Universität
    Michael was in London in order to present his ‘Heal-the-Kids’-Foundation. He also hold a speech at the Oxford university. But again the situation which Michael had to face were simply terrible.
    Miri L., fan of Michael was there:

“Towards 5 p.m., agitation occurs. Bodyguards gather around the vans, banners get hang up, cameras get prepared, and to be on the safe side there are screams every time the backdoor moves. Finally the waiting has an end, because a little, red-dressed man with surgical mask hobbling on crutches appears between the vans. There he withstands the ear-splitting uproar for a few moments, waves, points at some banners and then escapes inside the van. The barriers get open up at one location for that Michael’s convoy can make its way to Oxford.
    But for the time being the cars are not able to leave because some fans gather around the van and start hammering violently at the darkened panes. Stagnancy and noisy honking at the nearby street just call the attention on this event in an excellent way.

…Towards 8 p.m. police-car hooters resound and Michael’s convoy turns into. Immediately fans storm towards the car and a pure chaos results. When the van stops and Michael’s door gets open because he wants to greet his fans, the onrush is much too big – without being able to leave the car, Michael now is navigated directly to the front door.

… Nobody reckons on it that Michael, injured after an exhausted day and around 2 a.m. would reveal himself to the fans once more, but everything comes different. Although again ten fans stand inside the barrier, Michael hobbles towards our friends. Then he remains and looks around. Suddenly his view sticks to one of their banners. He looks surprised and points at the special banner which is carried to him immediately. With the banner in his hands he is already about his way back when he recognizes a man in a wheelchair and heads up to him.
    Because this man is right in front of us, Michael remains for several moments ready to hand. He doesn’t seem to bother to be that near to his fans because from this corner he hasn’t to fear screaming or grabbing hands. Finally, Michael definitely withdraws and leaves some very happy fans. An exciting day finds its end with a crowning finish.

… Immediately about twenty fans gather around the van and follow its way literally sticking at the panes. Somehow the bodyguards manage it to drive the van into the backyard on a way, that only one fan slips through the barrier.

Several seconds later, Michael climbs off the car and starts his way towards the barriers. Unfortunately he has to stop soon, because right at the first corner chaos emerged when a whole bunch of fans climb over the barriers, while one fan inside the barrier tries to embrace Michael from behind. You can only see Michael, with raised arms to his protection and anxiously wide-opened eyes, hiding into the hotel - wouldn’t it have been a bigger success for everyone if these fans would have changed their behaviour?!”

www.mjfriendship.de/en/index.php?op...d=127&Itemid=47

Edited by ArcoIris - 11/4/2018, 02:46

20 replies since 8/3/2015, 15:11   1048 views