1. Valerie77

"The King of Pop"

Group
    Threatened

Status
    Anonymous

Part Three

1996 • Michael is 38 years old
    When Michael was in Sydney, he arrived at his hotel. I had a great position which I’d held since 9 a.m. and I’d been travelling since 4 a.m. (it was around 5.30 to 6 p.m. by the time Michael arrived). This girl who looked around 20 and was of a larger build, kept trying to push her way infront of me or push me completely out of the way. I held firm though and she eventually gave up, but just to spite her, there were these two nicer girls who were spupposed to be doing their HSC but had truented to see Michael that I let in front of me. They were shorter than me, so I could still see and I still got Michael’s autograph.

Then, on Friday night, Michael premiered his ‘Ghosts’ movie. I’d seen Michael before (in 1987 and also a few days previously at his hotel as he arrived). As the movie ended the place went crazy. Michael was with some kids behind a barrier, and as I stood there Michael’s fans were trying to jump the barrier. Some fans succeeded, and landed on some of the kids, some kids were kicked in the face by these morons. I have to admit that I was about to jump too until I saw that the kids were being hurt.

I screamed at the people trying to jump the barrier to stop, that there were kids there and they were hurting them. I’d forgotten about Michael for a second as I was more worried about these little kids. A larger man, who looked to be around 50 seemed to be in Michael’s enterage, started yelling at fans to stop jumping the barriers. I held back a couple of fans and stopped them jumping the barriers. I received scratches to my face and bruises from kicks and punches. I screamed numerous times for them to wake up to themselves. I looked over at Michael and he smiled at me, giving me the thumbs up.

Eventually the kids got out, and Michael got out. I did follow Michael out into the foyer, but no longer was I screaming and yelling, and no longer was I chasing Michael. I stood off, watching the people mob this man who had given so much as if he was a prize that they all wanted a piece of.

I saw Michael after that on the following Saturday night in concert and then the next day at the Sydney Opera House. I could have chased him then as I was very close… But I didn’t. The Friday night of the premiere had opened my eyes. It put things into perspective for me.

I hope all of Michael’s fans somehow learn the same lesson.

1997 • Michael is 39 years old
    Berlin, August 1th

Pearl K (a fan): „At the day after the History-concert in Berlin Michael visited the zoo there. The fans were well informed and so we had the chance to see Michael. But one girl couldn’t stop herself. She ran to Michael from his backside and jumped at him. The bodyguard reacted in a second but this girl hang on his neck. She didn‘t stop and so struggled him. But although she was brought away quite soon. We talked to her later and asked why she did that. She just said that Michael likes that and that she would do it again. Later this girl got to Michael when he visited the „Apes-house“ . She came back with an autograph on her HIStory-CD and complained that she couldn’t take a photo with Michael!“

Bremen
    Lisa H., fan of Michael tells about the really terrible scenes at Michael’s hotel in Bremen/Germany: „From the first day on the scene was a spectacle, all around the clock his fans stayed at the hotel and cheered loudly when he appeared. Michael himself first was very relaxed and spent much time with his fans when he played his little games at the window, came out, met fans and every time he drove to the city he stopped for a while. Unfortunately on one afternoon there was a terrible event. A young crazy man jumped over the barriers and ran towards Michael. He hold him that tight that some bodyguard had to push him away from Michael who had no chance to move. Of course this event caused chaos. Many tried the same, others cried for help for Michael and all everybody could see was a crowd of people who argued. The young man was brought away and Michael was „free“ again. He went away and back stayed hundreds of confused fans, who were also shocked by what they had just experienced.“

After all, there are some things I’m sad about. Why was it that this young man had to flip around like that, hurting Michael and to cock up the coming days for all fans? If he hadn’t attacked him, a lot of stress and angst could have been saved! We would have been able to remain standing behind the barriers — assumed that no other person would try to attack Michael – the platoon would have been smaller and Michael and his team wouldn’t went through all this horrifying stress because of the fans. If everyone had acted in an appropriate manner, then Michael would have been able to come out more often and even if he wouldn’t have done this — at least he wouldn’t became that scary. It must be a horrifying experience to be overwhelmed as brutal as that and certainly nobody understands that as a love prove. I don’t understand how to come to the idea to storm at Michael, or even to have any evil purposes like that!
    No one wants to be treated like that. If you call yourself a (true) fan, at least you should have been informed so far that you recognize Michael Jackson as a human being with feelings, and that he should been treated exactly like that!

The Park-Hotel in Bremen has a slightly rounded forecourt and if that one is circled and congested by people, than this simply is similar to a predator-cage. I don’t want to go outside there, because I would have been afraid alone because of the loudness which is caused all the time, I would be scared enough and if I also had to count with being attacked and if I had the knowledge that everyone is observing me, maybe I would prefer to stay inside. I don’t want to mention that it is principally wrong to wait outside Michael’s hotel, because certainly Michael also enjoys that for some matters, but must it always been connected to hysteria and chaos? Perhaps Michael sometimes simply wishes to go outside just for fun? Without needing several bodyguards to his protection, without being scared and with the opportunity to face his fans in a very normal way?”

---------------------

Parte Terza

1996 * Michael ha 38 anni
    Michael era a Sydney, e appena arrivato al suo albergo. Ero in un ottima posizione che ero riuscito ad ottenere dalle 9 del mattino viaggiando sin dalle 4 (Michael arrivò intorno alle 17,30-18). Questa ragazza sembrava sui 20 anni e ma più grande in realtà, cercava di farsi strada superandomi o spingendomi completamente sulla strada. Sono rimasto fermo e lei alla fine ha rinunciato, ma solo per farle dispetto, c'erano queste due ragazze più belle che supponevano di riuscire a passare, ed erano impazienti di vedere Michael che le ho lasciate di fronte a me. Erano più basse di me, così ho ancora potuto vedere e avere l'autografo di Michael.

Poi, il Venerdì sera, c’è stata l’anteprima del suo film 'Ghosts'. Avevo visto Michael prima (nel 1987 e anche pochi giorni prima nel suo albergo, al suo arrivo). Alla conclusione del film il posto era nella follia. Michael era con alcuni bambini dietro una barriera, e mentre ero lì i fans di Michael stavano cercando di saltare la barriera. Alcuni fans sono riusciti a farlo, cadendo proprio addosso ai bambini, qualcuno di loro si era anche preso un calcio. Devo ammettere che ero sul punto di saltare anche io fino a quando ho visto che dei ragazzi erano stati feriti.

Ho urlato alle persone che cercavano di passare la barriera di fermarsi, che c'erano dei bambini che rischiavano di farsi male. Avevo dimenticato Michael per un secondo perché ero più preoccupato per questi ragazzini. Un uomo grande, che sembrava avere circa 50enne e che sembrava essere nell’entourage di Michael, iniziò a strillare ai fans di smettere di saltare le barriere. Ne ho trattenuti un paio e li ho fermati . Mi sono preso schiaffi calci lividi e pugni. Ho gridato loro numerose volte di smettere. Ho guardato oltre verso Michael e lui mi sorrideva, mi dava i pollici in su.

Alla fine i ragazzi sono scesi, e Michael è uscito. Ho seguito Michael fuori nell' hall, ma non urlavo e non gridavo più, e non stavo più inseguendo Michael. Sono rimasto fuori, a guardare la gente infastidire questo uomo che ha dato tanto, come se fosse un premio di cui tutti ne volevano un pezzo.

Dopo questo episodio, ho rivisto Michael il Sabato sera seguente , in concerto e poi il giorno successivo alla Sydney Opera House. Avrei potuto inseguirlo visto che era molto vicino ... Ma non l'ho fatto. Il Venerdì sera precendete, mi aveva aperto gli occhi. Mi aveva messo in prospettiva le cose.

Spero che tutti i fans di Michael in qualche modo imparino la stessa lezione.

1997 * Michael ha 39 anni
    Berlino, 1 agosto
    Pearl K (fan): "Il giorno dopo il concerto di History a Berlino, Michael visitò lo zoo. I fans erano stati ben informati e quindi avevamo la possibilità di vedere Michael. Ma una ragazza non si è fermata restando lontano. Aveva raggiunto Michael girato di spalle e gli era saltata addosso. La guardia del corpo reagì in un secondo, ma questa ragazza gli si era appesa al collo. E non mollava, così lui fu costretto a lottare per liberarsene. Venne poi portata via. Abbiamo parlato con lei più tardi e le abbiamo chiesto perché lo aveva fatto. Disse che a Michael piaceva questo e che se le fosse capitato lo avrebbe rifatto. Più tardi questa ragazza andò da Michael quando stava visitando la "gabbia delle scimmie". Tornò con un autografo sul suo CD di History e si lamentava di non aver potuto fare una foto Michael! "

Brema
    Lisa H., fan di Michael racconta le scene davvero terribili nell’hotel di Michael a Brema / Germania: "Dal primo giorno era il caos, tutto il giorno i suoi fan soggiornavano sotto l'hotel acclamando ogni volta che appariva. Michael inizialmente era molto rilassato e aveva trascorso molto tempo con i suoi fans comparendo o scomparendo dalla finestra, era uscito, aveva incontrato i fan e ogni volta che era andato in giro per la città si era fermato un pò con loro. Purtroppo un pomeriggio ci fu un evento terribile. Un ragazzo aveva saltato le barriere ed era corso verso Michael. Lo teneva talmente stretto che una guardia del corpo era stata costretta a strattonarlo via, Michael non riusciva a muoversi. Naturalmente questo evento aveva causato il caos. Molti altri tentarono la stessa cosa, alcuni piangevano invece preoccupati per Michael . Il giovane era stato portato via e Michael era "libero" di nuovo.
    Se ne andò e rimasero li un centinaio di fans confusi, sconvolti da quello che avevano appena vissuto. "

Dopo quell'episodio tutto cambiò. Perché quel ragazzo doveva per forza comportarsi così, far del male a Michael e rovinare i giorni seguenti a tutti i fans? Se non lo avesse attaccato, si sarebbe potuto evitare lo stress e l'angoscia! Avremmo potuto rimanere dietro le barricate - supponendo che nessuno cercasse di attaccarlo - ci sarebbe stato meno uomini della sicurezza e Michael e la sua squadra avrebbero potuto godersi quel momento senza tanta tensione. Se tutti avessero agito in modo appropriato, Michael sarebbe stato in grado di uscire più spesso e anche se non lo avesse fatto - almeno non sarebbe stato in pericolo. Deve essere un'esperienza sconvolgente venire sopraffatti brutalmente in quel modo e dubito che si possa percepire come una dimostrazione d'amore. Non capisco come possa venire la sola idea di assalire Michael, o addirittura avere scopi malvagi del genere!
    Nessuno vuole essere trattato così. Se sei un (vero) fan, dovresti almeno saper riconoscere che Michael Jackson è un essere umano con sentimenti, e che dovrebbe essere trattato esattamente così!

Il Park-Hotel a Brema ha un piazzale leggermente arrotondato e se quello è circondato e congestionato dalle persone, semplicemente è simile alla gabbia di un predatore. Io nemmeno uscirei,o sarei spaventatissima all'idea di poter essere attaccata in quel modo e consapevole che tutti mi stanno guardando. Non voglio dire che è sbagliato aspettare fuori dall'hotel , perché certamente a Michael fa piacere, per alcuni aspetti, ma bisogna sempre far trasformare il tutto in isteria e stress? Non pensate che forse Michael vuole uscire per divertirsi un pò? Senza bisogno di guardie del corpo, senza essere spaventato e con la possibilità di parlare con i suoi fans normalmente? "

Traduzione: Billa70 per il Michael Jackson Gold World
    (continua......)

Edited by ArcoIris - 11/4/2018, 02:43

20 replies since 8/3/2015, 15:11   1048 views