"The King of Pop"

Group
    Dangerous

Status
    Anonymous

PART TWO

1971 • Michael is 13 years old
    MPsYlog
    At the New Yorker Madison Square Garden the show had to be stopped after only two minutes because the fans ran onto the stage. „Please go back to your seats!“, said Michael. But the band had to leave the stage and could only come back when the crowd calmed down.

Michael said: „I wish that we could finish one performance and don’t have to disapear before the end because the crowed rushes on stage.“
    Lionel Richie remembers: „The only thing I can remember from the tour is the screaming crowd …“

December 28th
    A reporter got an interview with the Jackson 5 in their hotel suite. Soon some fans were outside the door and screamed: „Michael! Michael! Michael!“. Tito tried to go outside in order to talk to them. When he opened the door a group of girls rushed into the room. They started to touch and kiss Michael …

1972 • Michael is 14 years old
    YfJ1vZj
    In autumn at the Emerson Junior High, which Michael visited, somebody threatened in a letter to kill him. Michaels parents were that shocked that they took the boy from the school and brought him to a private teacher.

Michael about fans: „The most important thing is that we don’t betray our fans or use them. I hate artists who don’t treat their fans in the right way. That makes me sick. I once saw when a great star had a date with a girl, only because he was a star. How can people do that?“

November
    The Jackson 5 perform in Europe, also in London. The crowd of the fans, who welcomed the band at the airport, got out of control. The brothers ran always in different directions in order to find their car. The noise, which was even louder than the plane, made Michael and Marlon cry. Michael lost his shoe and he got almost struggled. He had to fight his way through a crowd of screaming girls and hold one hand on his face to protect it from their fingernails.
    Jermaine: „He really had to be scared! They pulled on both ends of his scarf and almost sruggled him. He had to put his hand under his scarf and scream in order to be able to breathe.“
    Michael: „They reached out for my hair and pulled on it, it burned like fire. You feel like you would suffocate or if you were smashed into pieces.“
    The next day a nine-years-old girl threatened a quite strong hotel security man in order to get into Michael room.
    The Rolls Royce, which transported the band had to be repaired for 12.000 dollars, the fans almost damaged it.

1981 • Michael is 23 years old
    UIVOc6o
    A woman wrote a letter to Michael and said that he was the father of her child. She sent a photo of herself and the baby. Michael ignored the letter but she didn’t give up. She told Michael to come to her because she loves him more than anybody else and she is sure that he can only be happy with her.

Finally she sent a box to Michael with a weapon and a letter in which she tells him on what day and at what time he should kill himself. She wrote that she’ll do the same after she has killed her baby. She decided that if they can’t be together in this life they’ll maybe be in another. Michael was just shocked.

He placed the photo in the living room. “I have to know her face, if she appears here. I’ll never forget this face.” The young woman was finally send to a mental hospital.

1982 • Michael is 24 years old
    S7nosPl
    1982 Michael wrote his hit ‘Billie Jean’ about this happening.

He decided later not to publish this story in his biography ‘Moonwalk’ because he was afraid that some people could do the same.
    Michael: „Being followed hurts… Not mentally but physically. You think you are a noodle which ten people pull at the same time. They don’t recognize it. They love you so much that they want to have a piece of you.

There are really fans who have hairs from me! I could go to England now and they show it to me and say: "That are your hairs from three years ago.“

Michael after the ‘Triumph’-Tour:
    “This is my last tour. I don’t want to do one more. Never.”

1983 • Michael is 25 years old
    vGiUpq4
    Katherine, Michaels mother: "There are so many of them and you never know what’s going on in their minds. This is why it’s very difficult for my son to find a girlfriend.“
    Michael talks to the reporter Dave Nussbaum: "I love my fans but I’m afraid of them. Some of them try everything in order to get to me. They don’t know that what they do can really hurt you.“

Sandy Brown, Michael’s neighbour in Encino: "There are people who actually live in front of his house. They sit in the trees for two or three days. That’s dangerous because some of these people are really crazy. You never know who your children meet in the streets. There is the rumour that Michael moves to Malibu. I hope it is true.“

1988 • Michael is 30 years old
    sKTcfma
    July 8th
    Michael performed in Munich during the BAD-tour.
    A fan remembers: „I was 16 years then and I just went there without thinking about it. The concert was fantastic. Some people there told me that they’ll go to Michael’s hotel. I decided to come with them. I never saw something like that. The people screamed into my ears, pressed me at the barriers, fainted.

Some climbed at the cars or the busses just to be nearer at Michael’s window. When Michael came out everybody ran towards him. You could hear sirens and the noise of the ambulances everywhere. The people screamed around, the flashes of the cameras gave it an even more threatened touch. Everybody ran towards Michael’s car, they just pushed me with them.

And then I saw Michael. He smiled and waved to his fans. Since that day I admire him even more.“

www.mjfriendship.de/en/index.php?op...d=127&Itemid=47

Edited by ArcoIris - 8/3/2015, 17:49

20 replies since 8/3/2015, 15:11   1048 views