« Older   Newer »

"The King of Pop"

Group
    Threatened

Status
    Anonymous

Immersion into…”THEY DON’T CARE ABOUT US”

by Blog Michael Jackson Chosen Voices

“The idea that these lyrics could be deemed objectionable is extremely hurtful to me, and misleading. The song in fact is about the pain of prejudice and hate and is a way to draw attention to social and political problems. I am the voice of the accused and the attacked. I am the voice of everyone. I am the skinhead, I am the Jew, I am the black man, I am the white man. I am not the one who was JOY NINEattacking. It is about the injustices to young people and how the system can wrongfully accuse them. I am angry and outraged that I could be misinterpreted.”

Michael Jackson

JOY_NINE
    Thank you for allowing me to do this. (‘Oh, no, it’s quite all right. Prince Albert of Monaco’) Thank you! Thank you very much! I love you more, much more. These awards from you and the World Music Awards are very special to me. As a person who loves and adores and has concern for people of all nationalities and ethnic origins, my music serves as a way of making mankind award of the inquisities that exist against all people of the world, and aren’t intended to be offensive to any ethnic group. I am not and never have been anti-Semitic. And do me a favor, don’t read the tabloids! I love you all very much. And this is our future right here! (Michael pointing to the children who accompanied him on stage) I love you!”

World Music Awards 1996. Michael Jackson

JOY_THREE_0

The narrow-minded live in the mud, holding onto their mantra: We deceive. You believe. Choosing not to be educated by the reality of facts, they cling to the hope that we, the public, will accept their false and tired, cut and paste agendas. Amazingly, I could have written that at any time during Michael Jackson’s career…and, it would have applied. Even more astounding, since Michael left us, nothing has changed. Myth-makers forge ahead, mud dripping, refusing to be educated. Funny, I remember our beautiful kitty, Sylvester. One morning, he decided to jump into the bathtub while it was filled with water. He skidded, turned around, and leapt out…hating every minute of it. He did that only once. Educated by reality, he chose to make a change. Isn’t it amazing that those in the tabloid media aren’t willing or able to do the same. Michael dealt with ignorance from the media by speaking out…in speeches, in lyrics, in his writings. We, The New OHHHHHH TWOMedia, follow his lead.

OHHHHHH_TWO_1

Feeling the sting in his personal life, Michael was able to write about injustice while living it. When he wrote the words, “I am the victim of police brutality!” he had been.

“I have been forced to submit to a dehumanizing and humiliating examination by the Santa Barbara County Sheriff’s Department and the Los Angeles Police Department earlier this week. They served a search warrant on me which allowed them to view and photograph my body, including my penis, my buttocks, my lower torso, thighs and any other areas that they wanted. They were supposedly looking for any discoloration, spotting, blotches or other evidence of a skin color disorder called vitiligo which I have previously spoken about. The warrant also directed me to cooperate in any examination of my body by their physician to determine the condition of my skin, including whether I have vitiligo or any other skin disorder. The warrant also stated that I had no right to refuse the examination or photographs and if I failed to cooperate with them, they would introduce that refusal at any trial as an indication of my guilt. It was the most humiliating ordeal of my life, one that no person should ever have to suffer. And even after experiencing the indignity of this search, the parties involved were still not satisfied and wanted to take even more pictures.

history_world_tour_performance
    It was a nightmare, a horrifying nightmare. But if history world tour performancethis is what I have to endure to prove my innocence, my compete innocence, so be it.”

Michael Jackson 1993

In an interview on December 28, 2004, Michael told of police brutality once again…this time in the form of handcuffs applied which made large swellings and black and blue marks on his arms.

“If you saw what they did to my arms, it was very bad, it was very swollen. They were placed in such a position, behind my back…it hurt my back…I cannot sleep at night. One time, I asked if I could use the restroom. They locked me in there for 45 minutes. There was feces thrown on the walls and the floor and the ceiling and it stank so bad. One of the police came to the window and made a sarcastic remark, ‘Does it smell good enough for you in there? How do you like the smell?’ (When asked to comment on Michael’s experience, the Police declined.)”

Ed Bradley CBS News Michael Jackson Interview

Neverland Valley ranch was also a victim of police brutality…being raped repeatedly.

amazing_six

When Michael sings of police brutality, he knows whereof he speaks. The pain comes from inside. Alongside that, however, is Michael’s pain for others who have experienced authority that is both unethical and unlawful.

“In the midst of the intense racial and political turmoil of the time (Rodney King, race riots, O.J. Simpson, James Byrd Jr.), TDCAU delivers a targeted blow against an abusive, corrupt and oppressive apparatus of power. The lyrics throughout the song are some of Jackson’s most compelling and provocative. He speaks of those who are victims of hate, shame and police brutality.”

MAN IN THE MUSIC Joseph Vogel

dangerous_man_three
    Is it any wonder that the inmates of Cebu Provincial Detention and Rehabilitation Center in Filipino, Philippines have taken TDCAU as their mantra…turning hate into a cooperative and creative dance outlet in this maximum security facility. Following Michael’s lead to speak out for those who feel the sting of injustice by the system. I was also reminded of Michael’s essay, “BUT THE HEART SAID NO.”

“They saw the poor living in cardboard shacks, so they knocked the shacks down and built projects. Huge blocks of cement and glass towered over asphalt parking lots. Somehow it wasn’t much like home, even home in a shack. ‘What do these people expect?’ they asked impatiently. ‘You’re too poor to live like us. Until you can do better for yourselves, you should be grateful, shouldn’t you?’ The head said yes, but the heart said no.”

Michael’s heart repeatedly said no to the system. He knew what it was like to feel degradation and humiliation. He felt it daily in the media. And, he experienced it when being falsely accused. TDCAU…“a brilliant, politically potent street-inspired rap-hop hybrid. It became a song that not only resonated for the disenfranchised in America, but also for those around the world. Sonically and lyrically it hits like a sledgehammer, with Jackson hurling rhymes over a crackling militant beat, ominous strings, and a haunting choir. It is an anthem of the oppressed, a rap of resistance. The track begins in what sounds like a city school yard with a woman leading children in a call hwt fourand response chant of indignation.

hwt_four_0

For those who assume that every Michael Jackson song must be about Michael Jackson, it is significant to note that he begins this track with someone else’s voice. When he comes in, he is simply inhabiting and witnessing for those previously unheard or unacknowledged voices. It is, in a way, an act of identification and empowerment. (The bridge section consists of 300 tracks.)

In an interview with Spike Lee during the filming of TDCAU, the director noted: “Michael’s marching orders were make the short film hard-driving with an edge with archival footage chronically man’s inhumanity to his brothers and sisters. Using that as a starting point, we came up with the idea of Michael being one of many convicts in prison.” Starting as one short film, the project became larger and turned into a prison short film and a short film shot in Brazil. “Shooting TDCAU was one of the highlights of my career, and I am including feature film. I had a great, great, great, great time. I think that was historic what we did. Everything he does he wants to be the very best that ever was. That’s a great attitude to take. That thinking is responsible for being in the position he’s in. I was humbled with Michael. I’ve always respected him. He’s a great artist.”

The international appeal of the short film and its political statement was made by using Rio de Janeiro as a microcosm for poverty around the globe. Two hundred members of the Afro-Brazilian percussion group OLODUM bring a raw energy and represented the organizations civil rights stance. The short film done in Brazil shows a natural chemistry between the people of Brazil and Michael…natural and spontaneous. There is a joyful solidarity in the dance and the music.

VITILIGO

Together, Michael and the people leave us VITILIGOhopeful in that solidarity to combat oppressive barriers.

“I love the Brazilian people, I feel for them in the same way that I feel for the Indians and the Africans. There’s a lot of poverty in Brazil, and I remember going there kind of left my heart…You know there’s bits of my heart in different countries around the world in which I travel…and I have a lot of heart for those people. The people are so sweet, and they were so happy to see me. You know, they were overwhelmed with excitement, and I was happy to be there for them. I wish I could do more, I just feel bad that I don’t do enough…I really do.”

Michael Jackson MAKING HISTORY Adrian Grant

“In the Brazilian movie, you see the love that people have for Michael.”

Spike Lee Director

LOVE_SOLDIER
    Having experienced police brutality, the prison short film shows the plight of prisoners and also the conditions ordinary people face in a society disciplined by constant surveillance and a more internalized form of power…disturbing realities are revealed. It is chilling to think that false accusations might well have placed Michael in that reality. However, the most appalling non-case in the American Justice System ended with complete exoneration…with a verdict of INNOCENT.

THEY DON’T CARE ABOUT US is a powerful protest song with its outrage at injustice. Michael took its message and masterpiece composition to the stage during the HISTORY WORLD TOUR by introducing us to THE DRILL. This choreography in stunning theatre has become another of Michael’s dazzling classics.

In the days of information, ignorance is a choice. Michael was not content to simply wait for governments to fix the world. He devoutly believed in the power of the people. He asked the questions: “What do you need and how can I help?” Using his gifts and fame, he presented the crying needs of the world to us in his words and music, in his short films and live performances, in his speeches and interviews…and then set about trying to find solutions for every problem…asking for our help.

In a career of classics, THEY DON’T CARE ABOUT US is another. It is a masterpiece of composition and lyrics…filling our scenes and moving us to seek answers towards justice and civil rights. Michael sought a world with no boundaries, no borders, no barriers of any kind. He believed music was color blind. He loved all people, all cultures. The manufactured controversy of the media does not allow for these truths. Painting Michael Jackson as a racist takes ignorance to new levels.

history_world_tour_four_1

“THEY DON’T CARE ABOUT US IS NOT A RACIST SONG…IT IS AN ANTI-RACIST SONG.” MICHAEL JACKSON

http://michaeljacksonchosenvoices.com/imme...-care-about-us/

Edited by ArcoIris - 8/4/2018, 17:51

"The King of Pop"

Group
    Threatened

Status
    Anonymous

Immersione in " They Don't Care About Us"

dal Blog Michael Jackson Chosen Voices

"L'idea che questi testi possano essere considerati discutibili è estremamente dolorosa per me, e fuorviante. La canzone, infatti, riguarda il dolore del pregiudizio e dell'odio ed è un modo per attirare l'attenzione sui problemi sociali e politici. Io sono la voce degli imputati e l'aggredito. Io sono la voce di tutti. Io sono lo skinhead, io sono l'Ebreo, io sono l'uomo nero, io sono l'uomo bianco. Io non sono come l'attaccante JOY NINE. Si tratta di ingiustizie verso i giovani e di come il sistema possa ingiustamente accusarli. Sono così arrabbiato e indignato che potrei essere frainteso. "Michael Jackson

"Grazie per avermi permesso di fare questo. ('Oh, no, è tutto a posto-dice Il principe Alberto di Monaco') Grazie! Grazie mille! Ti amo di più, molto di più. Questi vostri riconoscimenti e i World Music Awards sono molto speciali per me. Come persona che ama e che è preoccupata per le persone di tutte le nazionalità e origini etniche, la mia musica serve a parlare in favore dell'umanità e contro le inquisizioni che si abbattono su tutte le persone del mondo, e che sono destinate ad essere offese solo per appartenere ad un gruppo etnico. Io non sono e non sono mai stato un antisemita. E fatemi un favore, non leggete i tabloid! Vi amo tutti, molto. E qui è il nostro futuro, proprio qui! (Michael indica i bambini che lo accompagnano sul palco) Vi amo! "

Le mentalità ristrette che vivono nel fango, trattengono il loro mantra: Noi inganniamo. Voi credeteci. Non scegliete di farvi ingannare da una falsa verità, si aggrappano alla speranza che noi, il pubblico, accetteremo la loro falsa e stanca agenda, di copia taglia e incolla. Sorprendentemente, potrei descrivere questi metodi, pensando a tutta la carriera di Michael Jackson ... e ne troverei le tracce. Ancor più sorprendentemente, dal momento che Michael ci ha lasciato, non è cambiato nulla. I responsabili , strisciando nel fango, si rifiutano di essere educati. Divertente, mi ricorda il nostro bel gattino, Sylvester. Una mattina, ha deciso di saltare nella vasca da bagno mentre era piena d’acqua. Ha slittato, si è ribaltato, ed è saltato fuori ... ha odiato ogni minuto passato li dentro. Lo ha fatto solo una volta. Si è fatto educare dalla realtà, ha scelto di fare un cambiamento. Non è sorprendente che i tabloid non siano disposti o in grado di fare lo stesso? Michael ha affrontato l'ignoranza da parte dei media ne ha parlato nelle interviste ... nei discorsi, nei testi, nei suoi scritti. Noi, I Nuovi Media, seguiamo il suo esempio.

E nel mentre sentiamo il pungolare della sua vita personale, Michael è stato in grado di scrivere sulle ingiustizie mentre le viveva. Quando scrisse le parole: "Io sono la vittima della brutalità della polizia!" Lo era..

"Sono stato costretto a sottopormi a un esame disumanizzante e umiliante dal dipartimento dello sceriffo della contea di Santa Barbara e dal Dipartimento di Polizia di Los Angeles all'inizio di questa settimana. Ci hanno presentato un mandato di perquisizione per me e che gli dava l'autorità di vedere e fotografare il mio corpo, tra cui il mio pene, le natiche, i fianchi, le cosce e tutte le altre zone che volevano. Stavano cercando delle macchie, macchie o altre prove di un disturbo del colore della pelle chiamata vitiligine e del quale ho già parlato. Il mandato mi imponeva anche di collaborare per qualsiasi altro esame si fosse reso necessario sul mio corpo , a discrezione del loro medico per determinare la condizione della mia pelle, tra cui, il verificare se ho vitiligine o qualsiasi altra malattia della pelle. Il mandato citava che non avevo il diritto di rifiutare gli esami o le fotografie, e che se non collaboravo, il mio rifiuto , sarebbe apparso, in un processo, come un'indicazione della mia colpa. E' stata la prova più umiliante della mia vita, quella che nessuno dovrebbe mai soffrire. E anche dopo aver sperimentato l'umiliazione di questa ricerca, le parti interessate non erano ancora soddisfatte e volevano farmi altre foto. E' stato un incubo, un incubo terrificante. Ma se per poter partire per la mia tournè History, questo è quello che devo sopportare per dimostrare la mia innocenza, la mia completa innocenza, così sia. "

Michael Jackson 1993

In un'intervista del 28 dicembre 2004, Michael ha raccontato della brutalità della polizia, ancora una volta ... questa volta sotto forma di manette applicate che gli causarono lividi intorno ai polsi e sulle braccia.

"Se avete visto cosa hanno fatto alle mie braccia, mi hanno fatto molto male, erano molto gonfie. Me le hanno girate dietro la schiena, ... e la schiena mi fa male ... non riesco a dormire la notte. Una volta, ho chiesto se potevo usare il bagno. Mi hanno tenuto chiuso li dentro per 45 minuti. C'erano feci sparse sulle pareti e sul pavimento e sul soffitto e puzzava così tanto. Uno dei poliziotti è venuto alla finestra e ha fatto un commento sarcastico, 'Ha un odore abbastanza buono per te li dentro? Ti piace l'odore? '(Quando è stato chiesto di commentare l'esperienza di Michael, la polizia ha rifiutato.) "
    Intervista di Ed Bradley CBS News Michael Jackson

Anche il Neverland Valley Ranch è stato vittima della brutalità della polizia ... è stata violentato ripetutamente.

Quando Michael canta della brutalità della polizia, sa di che cosa parla. Il dolore viene da dentro. Accanto a questo, però, c’è il dolore di Michael per gli altri che hanno sperimentato l'immoralità e illegalità delle autorità.

"Nel bel mezzo dell’intensa agitazione razziale e politica del tempo (Rodney King, rivolte razziali, OJ Simpson, James Byrd Jr.), TDCAU offre un colpo mirato contro un apparato abusivo, corrotto e oppressivo del potere. Il testo di tutta la canzone è uno dei più convincenti e provocatori di Jackson. Parla di coloro che sono vittime dell’ odio, della vergogna e della brutalità della polizia. "
    MAN IN THE MUSIC Joseph Vogel

Non c'è da meravigliarsi che i detenuti del centro di detenzione e riabilitazione nelle Filippine, abbiano preso TDCAU come mantra ... trasformare l'odio in una danza cooperativa e creativa dentro una struttura di massima sicurezza. Seguendo le orme di Michael parlano per coloro che sentono il pungolare dell' ingiustizia da parte del sistema. Ricordando la frase di Michael, "MA IL CUORE HA DETTO NO."

"Hanno visto i poveri che vivono in baracche di cartone, così hanno buttato giù le baracche e costruito progetti. Enormi blocchi di cemento e vetro sovrastavano i parcheggi di asfalto. In qualche modo non era come essere a casa, casa è anche in una baracca. 'Che cosa si aspettano queste persone?' Hanno detto con impazienza. 'Sei troppo povero per vivere come noi. Vi diamo modo di far meglio per voi stessi, dovreste esserci grati? 'La testa ha detto di sì, ma il cuore ha detto no. "

Il cuore di Michael ripetutamente ha detto di no al sistema. Sapeva cosa voleva dire sentirsi degradato e umiliato. Si sentiva ogni giorno così, nei Media. E ha sperimentato cosa significa essere accusati ingiustamente. TDCAU ... " un brillante e politicamente potente rap-hop ibrido ispirato dalla strada. E' diventata una canzone che ha risuonato non solo per i diseredati in America, ma anche per quelli di tutto il mondo. Dal punto di vista sonoro e lirico colpisce come una mazzata, con Jackson che scaglia rime su un beat scoppiettante militante, stringhe minacciose, e un coro inquietante. E' un inno per gli oppressi, un rap per la resistenza". Il brano inizia con il suono comune di un cortile della scuola della città e la voce di una donna che accompagna i propri bimbi, urlando la sua indignazione. Per chi desume che ogni canzone di Michael Jackson debba essere su Michael Jackson, è significativo notare che questa traccia comincia con la voce di qualcun altro. Quando lui arriva, non fa che testimoniare per quelle voci inedite o non riconosciute. Si tratta, in un certo senso, di un atto di identificazione e di responsabilizzazione. (La sezione base è costituita da 300 voci.)

In un'intervista con Spike Lee durante le riprese di TDCAU, il regista ha osservato:
    "gli ordini di Michael erano di girare il cortometraggio, mettendolo a confronto con immagini d'archivio sulla disumanità cronica dell’uomo sui suoi fratelli e sorelle. Usando questo come punto di partenza, ci è venuta l'idea che Michael fosse uno dei tanti detenuti in carcere. "Il progetto è poi cresciuto diventando più potente e si è trasformato in un cortometraggio sulle prigioni e un breve film girato in Brasile. "Girare TDCAU è stato uno dei momenti salienti della mia carriera, incluso il lungometraggio. Ho avuto un grande, grande, grande, grande momento. Credo che quello che abbiamo fatto sia storico. Tutto quello che lui fa vuole che sia il meglio che sia mai stato fatto. Questa è una grande attitudine da emulare. Questo pensiero è responsabile dello status in cui si trova. Ero umile con Michael. L’ho sempre rispettato. Lui è un grande artista. "

L'appello internazionale del cortometraggio e la sua dichiarazione politica , viene realizzata utilizzando la città di Rio de Janeiro come un microcosmo della povertà in tutto il mondo. Duecento appartenenti a gruppi di percussori afro-brasiliani hanno portato un’energia grezza e rappresentato la posizione delle organizzazioni per i diritti civili. Il cortometraggio fatto in Brasile mostra una chimica naturale tra il popolo del Brasile e Michael ... naturale e spontanea. C'è una solidarietà gioiosa nella danza e nella musica. Insieme, Michael e la gente ci lasciano speranzosi che questa solidarietà possa combattere le barriere oppressive.

"Amo il popolo brasiliano, quello che provo per loro è lo stesso che sento per gli indiani e gli africani. C'è un sacco di povertà in Brasile, e mi ricordo di esserci andato e di averci lasciato il mio cuore ... Sai ci sono pezzi del mio cuore in diversi Paesi del mondo in cui ho viaggiato ... e una grande parte del mio cuore è per quelle persone. Le persone sono così dolci, ed erano così felici di vedermi. Sai, sono state travolgenti con il loro entusiasmo, e io ero felice di essere lì per loro. Vorrei poter fare di più, mi sento male per non poter fare abbastanza ... davvero ".
    Michael Jackson MAKING OF HISTORY di Grant Adrian

"Nel film brasiliano, si vedere l'amore che la gente ha per Michael."
    Spike Lee Director

Avendo sperimentato la brutalità della polizia, il film breve sul carcere mostra la condizione dei detenuti e anche le condizioni che la gente comune deve affrontare in una società disciplinata da una sorveglianza costante e una forma più interiorizzata del potere ... realtà inquietanti vengono rivelate. E' agghiacciante pensare che delle false accuse potevano aver messo Michael in quella realtà. Tuttavia, il più terribile NON caso, nel sistema giudiziario americano, si è concluso con il completo esonero ... con un verdetto di INNOCENZA.

THEY DON'T CARE ABOUT US è una canzone potente di protesta ,di sdegno per l'ingiustizia. Michael portò il suo capolavoro nell’HISTORY WORLD TOUR introducendolo a noi con THE DRILL. Questa coreografia di splendida teatralità è diventata un altro dei classici più luminosi di Michael.

Nel mondo dell'informazione, l'ignoranza è una scelta. Michael non era contento di aspettare semplicemente che i governi decidessero per il Mondo. Credeva nel potere del popolo. Ha chiesto: "di che cosa hai bisogno e come posso aiutare" Usando i suoi doni e la fama, ha presentato le disperate esigenze del mondo a noi con le sue parole e la musica, con i suoi cortometraggi e le performance dal vivo, nei suoi discorsi e nelle interviste ... e poi si è messo a cercare di trovare soluzioni per ogni problema ... chiedendo il nostro aiuto.
    In una carriera di classici, THEY DON’T CARE ABOUT US è altra cosa. E' un capolavoro di composizione e di testi ... riempie la nostra mente di immagini e ci spinge a cercare risposte verso la giustizia e i diritti civili. Michael ha cercato un Mondo senza limiti, senza confini, senza barriere di alcun tipo. Credeva che la musica fosse daltonica. Amava tutte le persone, tutte le culture. La polemica fabbricata dai media non permette queste verità. Dipingere Michael Jackson come razzista porta l’ignoranza a nuovi livelli.

" THEY DON’T CARE ABOUT US NON E’ UNA CANZONE RAZZISTA ... È UNA CANZONE ANTIRAZZISTA".

Questa traduzione è a opera di BILLA70 per il Michael Jackson's Gold World. In caso di ripubblicazione citare la fonte riportando l'url diretto a questo post, (clicca sulla data del post per ottenere l'url diretto)

Edited by Wivvy - 15/1/2015, 18:30

1 replies since 1/12/2014, 16:13   290 views