Anonymous

EARTH SONG…THE ARTISTRY AND THE ACTIVISM

Joseph Vogel MAN IN THE MUSIC

I USED TO DREAM

I USED TO GLANCE BEYOND THE STARS

NOW I DON’T KNOW WHERE WE ARE

ALTHOUGH I KNOW WE’VE DRIFTED FAR.

Michael Jackson

“Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty.”

Albert Einstein

Michael has the most beautiful sense of art. Stretching and changing the rules of Pop Music, he was an artist who could completely dissolve himself into a song and translate artist at prayerits emotions to masses of people who both heard and saw his artistry.
    Through pure feeling, the listener understands. I remember listening to EARTH SONG, long before studying it with Joseph Vogel’s profound work, EARTH SONG Michael Jackson’s Magnum Opus, and realizing the nonverbal sounds came from Earth HERSELF. That revelation moved me so deeply, I literally ran to share what I had learned with my husband. It was my first experience with a composer who could translate pain and power into artistry and activism, taking on the role of the victim…crying out in pain, with love. Michael was pleading on behalf of a dying planet, deeply inside the pain. The fifth track on Michael’s HISTORY Album, an album of pure genius, I found myself listening over and over again with seemingly endless tears. Here was an artist who had broken every known imaginable record, won every imaginable award, selling more than SENSITIVITYany artist in history, being brutally attacked and thoroughly abused by extortionists and tabloid media who gleefully predicted his demise, the most famous and well-known human being on the planet…

who could have quite easily and quite simply released compilations of his work…instead feeling aching moral responsibility, turned himself intosongbird the most influential global spokesperson for environmentalism.
    He knew the backlash that would follow his efforts, but remained steadfastly true to preserving the physical energy of the music and the musical statement itself, never backing away from activism. Michael felt the turbulent emotions running through him, an unparalleled wave in the ocean of human expression. Always returning to the collective spirit and power of human beings, Michael’s CALL AND RESPONSE defined its roots in musical tradition as a form of resistance to oppression, representative of the struggles of humankind, and energized into action. Earth, herself, cries out against this human tragedy, against seemingly insurmountable odds. Harnessing the pain and tragedy into productive ends was always Michael’s modus operandi. MICHAEL BELIEVED IN THE HUMANITY, POWER AND LOVE OF THE PEOPLE…depending on that energy to make changes in the human struggle. This was not music for the small or narrow-minded…and, Michael was not one to deliver the expected, or be harnessed by media and critics. The spectacles that he created in performance of EARTH SONG, left little doubt he was the most powerful artist of theBE STILL MY HEART TONIGHT TWO modern era.

“The gesture of passion embodied in Michael’s performances of Earth Song-ICONIC, TRANSCEND-burns itself into the collective consciousness of the 20th and 21st Centuries.”-Joseph Vogel/Jude Ling

As Michael performs, he allows himself to become whatever the music is saying…crying in the wilderness, with civil disobedience placing him and his art firmly against powers of destruction. His performance art includes the recorded performance, the short film performance and the live performance. Offering every bit of God given talent, blood and sweat, Michael’s music cries, his body as canvas offers energies and storytelling… theatre brings anguish and supplication, which reveal his belief that among the destruction there are pockets of humanity and beauty…and, a collective music.

RECORDED PERFORMANCE: “I believe in its primordial form, all of creation is sound and that it’s not just random sound, that it’s music.” Michael Jackson Earth Song begins with nature’s music…the harp inspired from Michael’s knowledge of classical composers like Debussy and Tchaikovsky…evoking dreamlike worlds. Then, the beautiful and hypnotic piano prefacing Michael’s melancholy, world-weary vocals. Michael’s storytelling describes a world turned wasteland. The non-verbal cries give Nature her solos…drama building. Lyrics reveal anguish, queries and indignation. The song builds to its massive civil rights demonstration set to music. Joseph Vogel…in his book EARTH SONG…Michael Jackson’s Magnum Opus…walks us through each lyric and element of the composition…the depth of this work is phenomenal and important for the world to understand. For me, the music is haunting. Although many have tried, “it is impossible for other artists to sing Michael’s music…he breathes into his songs his intensity, his exquisite vocal colors, his phrasing, his rhythmic intricacy and his precision…all pointing to Michael Jackson’s musical genius, his singularity as an artist.” Susan Fast The climax of Earth Song pushes the song to another level.
    Earth’s achingANGEL FOUR cries, Michael’s question to us all, “DO YOU GIVE A DAMN!” Both Michael and the Andrae Crouch Choir give us what was, what is and what could be. “Earth Song is an excellent illustration of how versatile Michael is vocally…it is a voice that conjures the human extremes, extreme heights and depths, extreme vulnerability and power, despair and rage.” J.V. SHORT FILM PERFORMANCE: Staking his beliefs in where we live and how we live, Michael walks through a burning forest, hangs onto a ravaged tree, he himself being battered by winds. Joseph Vogel tells us it is not a crucifixion, nor a sacrifice, but a positioning. Michael calls upon the collective from all around the world: the Amazon rainforest, a field in Tanzania, a war zone in Croatia, a burned down forest in New York…cruelty, pollution, death…then dropping to his knees, digging his fists into the soil in supplication, the swirling destruction and the struggling collective affect a sudden change. As if turning back time, the resistance to the status quo that is not only unjust, but unsustainable, seems to reverse the violence.

“Earth Song is a musical apocalypse taking the listener from anANGEL FROM HEAVEN imagined paradise of harmony and vitality to our present state of degradation and divisions.” J.V. The short film offers a light of hope as it ends with a return to what could be if we collectively make change. By caring about the EARTH’S PAIN, and the pain of others, by understanding how connected we are, and by our COLLECTIVE WILL TO CHANGE, can we hope to heal the world. JV A WORLD AS IT IS…A WORLD AS IT COULD BE. Man in the Music Joseph Vogel PERFORMANCE ART: Michael performed Earth Song for the first time in Royal EARTH SONG WMABrunei, in a concert that preceded his HISTORY WORLD TOUR.

It was a sultry evening, the performance lasting nearly three hours, his OUTRO was Earth Song… Michael, the mic and the music. I am not a person to quantify or compare performances because each has its own brilliance. But, I will say, I have shown it to many during our MICHAEL MARATHON EVENTS, and each and every time…those in attendance had two things in common: uncontrollable tears and the inability to speak. It is quite simply…SUPERB! In my lifetime, I have never experienced an artist who can evoke such emotion, both from himself and from others. MICHAEL IN PERFORMANCE IS A MIRACLE.
    His impromptu “TELL ME WHAT ABOUT IT!” is aSTUNNING AGAIN TWO moment in time when lives are changed. The HISTORY WORLD TOUR performance art for Earth Song represented theatre at its finest. “It was a potent blend of entertainment and art, prophecy and activism, music and visuals carried out in a way that had never been done before.” J. V. Enormous jumbotrons presented a collage of EARTH’S sufferings. The collective included all ages, cultures and colors. Man’s inhumanity to man was brought to the stage in the form of a tank and an armed soldier. Michael gave himself to the audience high above them on the cherry-picker by hanging full-length while crying out the lyrics…representing humanity and Earth, while stretched out below him was a sea of faces singing, WHAT ABOUT US? Although many have tried to reach the heights of Michael’s Earth Song performances…all have fallen short of the mark. Setting aside the unparalleled talent, the seven years of enormous effort to compose Earth Song, the countless hours recording, the creativity and inexhaustible commitment,earth song fifteen setting all that aside…one needs to remember Michael traveled the world seeing despair, hopelessness, poverty, disease, first hand.
    He held children in his arms as they left this earth. Then, went out to perform. Giving hundreds of millions of dollars, composing and recording music and giving enormous energies to performance, donating his wages from that music and those performances…setting all that aside…Michael showed up for the world’s suffering…PERSONALLY. He witnessed it. All of that, he carried in his heart and, it informed the musician, vocalist, and performer he was. You cannot duplicate that. THERE IS ONLY ONE MICHAEL JACKSON. Michael took EARTH SONG to Wettan Das and World Music Award Shows. Each was an emotional performance which included a collective outreach and emotionally- stunned audiences. With arms lifted and candles lit, tears streaming down a kaleidoscope of the faces of people across the entire planet, Michael shared his artistry and activism.

HOW COULD ANYONE NOT BE CHANGED!

LOVE YOU, MICHAEL!

I love you, My Dear Friends!

Thank you, Joseph Vogel, for your beautifully written EARTH SONG Michael Jackson’s Magnum OpusGITM THREE HIS tory MYstory YOURstory OURstory

http://michaeljacksonchosenvoices.com/eart...d-the-activism/

"The King of Pop"

Group
    Threatened

Status
    Anonymous

'Earth Song'...L'abilità artistica e l'attivismo.

Michael disse che voleva una canzone in grado di aprire la coscienza delle persone, e non che semplicemente li emozionasse.Voleva che agissero.E questo è precisamente ciò che molti hanno fatto.
    Joseph Vogel MAN IN THE MUSIC

"Sognavo. E ho dato uno sguardo rapido alle stelle.Ora non so dove siamo.Anche se so che siamo alla deriva, lontano".
    Michael Jackson

"Il nostro compito deve essere quello di liberarci da questa prigione, ampliando la nostra cerchia di compassione per abbracciare tutte le creature viventi e tutta la natura nella sua bellezza."
    Albert Einstein

Michael ha avuto il più incredibile senso dell'arte che abbia mai visto. Ha distorto e cambiato le regole della musica pop, è stato un artista capace di immergersi interamente in una canzone e tradurla in una preghiera, e in emozioni per le masse di persone che hanno sentito e visto la sua arte.. Attraverso un sentimento puro, l'ascoltatore capisce. Mi ricordo di aver ascoltato a lungo Earth Song e prima di immergermi nello studio dell'opera di Joseph Vogel, EARTH SONG -Magum Opus di Michael Jackson, e di essere stato capace di avvertire i suoni invertebrali provenienti dalla Terra stessa. Questa rivelazione mi ha commosso profondamente, e così non vedevo l'ora di condividere ciò che avevo imparato con mio marito. Era la mia prima esperienza con un compositore capace di tradurre il dolore e la potenza nell' arte e nell'attivismo, assumendo il ruolo della vittima ... le sue grida di dolore, con amore . Michael stava supplicando per conto di un pianeta morente, era assorto interamente nel suo dolore. Mi sono ritrovata ad ascoltare più e piùvolte il quinto brano dell' album HIStory , un album puramente geniale, piangendo senza sosta. Un artrista capace di superare il limite vocale in ogni nota, che ha vinto ogni premio immaginabile, che ha mostrato la sua SENSIBILITA', più di qualunque altro artista, che è stato brutalmente attaccato e completamente abusato da estorsori e dai media scandalistici che allegramente , hanno pure predetto la sua morte, il più famoso e noto essere umano sul pianeta ... che avrebbe potuto tranquillamente continuare a limitarsi a rilasciare qualche compilation del suo lavoro ... e che invece, sentendone la responsabilità morale, si è trasformato in uccello, un canoro portavoce globale, il più influente che ci sia mai stato per l'ambientalismo. Sapeva quale contraccolpo avrebbe fatto seguito ai suoi sforzi, ma rimase fermamente fedele nel preservare l'energia fisica della musica e l'istruzione musicale che aveva in se, senza tornare indietro.
    Michael poteva sentire la turbolenza dell'emotività attraversarlo, come una gigantesca onda nel mare dell' espressione umana.
    Ha sempre parlato dello spirito collettivo, del potere degli esser umani, e ha sempre cercato di tramettere le sue radici nella tradizione musicale , dandogli forme di resistenza all'oppressione, in rappresentanza e contrasto alle lotte del genere umano.
    La Terra stessa, grida contro questa tragedia umana, contro difficoltà apparentemente insormontabili.
    Lo sfruttamento è il dolore, la tragedia messa in atto per fini produttivi.
    MICHAEL ha sempre creduto nell'umanità, nella forza e nell'amore del popolo ... alla sua capacità ed energia di apportare dei cambiamenti. Ma questa non era musica per le persone dalla mentalità ridotta e gretta ... e, Michael non era tipo da parlare di ovvietà, o per farsi sfruttare dai media e dalla critica. Gli spettacoli e lo scenario creato per Earth Song, tolgono ogni dubbio sul fatto se lui fosse o meno il più GRANDE ARTISTA dell'era moderna.

YQAhXVV

"L'espressione di passione che Michael incarna nella performance di Earth Song, TRANSCENDE da qualsiasi comprensione della coscienza collettiva del 20 ° e del 21 ° secolo."
    Joseph Vogel / Jude Ling

Nell'esatto istante in cui Michael inizia, è capace di diventare tutto ciò che la musica sta dicendo ... il suo grido nel deserto, con la sua capacità di essere fuori dalle righe, lui e la sua arte si pongono con fermezza contro i poteri della distruzione. La performance artistica include la performance registrata, sul retro la performance del video e davanti quella dal vivo . Dotato di un talento donato sicuramente da Dio, sangue e sudore, la musica di Michael fa piangere, il suo corpo come una tela offre energie e racconti ... porta con se angoscia e supplica, capaci di rivelare la sua convinzione più profonda, che anche in mezzo alla distruzione ci sono aspetti di umanità e bellezza ..La musica di Earth song nella performance iniziale ai Brit Awards è registrata: Earth song inizia con suoni soavi della natura ...il soffio leggero dell'arpa ispirata a Michael dal suo amore per i compositori classici come Debussy e Tchaikovsky ... l'arpa evoca mondi onirici. Poi, attacca il pianoforte, in una prefazione malinconia, e di voci lontane e stanche. Le parole di Michael descrivono un mondo trasformato e deserto. Le grida invertebrali della natura creano gli assoli ... perpetuano la visione del dramma. Il testo della canzone rivela l'angoscia, le domande e l' indignazione.
    La canzone viene messa in evidenza come la manifestazione dei diritti civili in musica. Joseph Vogel ... nel suo libro Earth Song Opus Magnum di Michael Jackson ... ci guida attraverso ogni elemento lirico della composizione ... la profondità di questo lavoro è fenomenale e importante per capirla concretamente.
    Per me, la musica è loquace. Anche se molti hanno provato, "è impossibile per altri artisti cantare la musica di Michael ... il suo respiro ed emozione, la sua intensità, la sua squisita capacità di vocalizzare, il suo fraseggio, la sua complessità ritmica e la sua precisione ... tutto punta al genio musicale che Michael Jackson era/è, la sua singolarità come artista.
    " Gli angeli addolorati per la Terra gridano, e Michael domanda a tutti noi "Non ti importa niente!?" Sia Michael che Andrae Crouch Choir ci fanno vedere quello che è stato, e ciò che potrebbe essere. "Earth Song è un esempio eccellente di come è capace di essere la versatilità vocale di Michael ... è una voce che evoca altezze estreme, e profondità estreme, dotata di estrema vulnerabilità e di potenza, disperazione e rabbia."
    Il CORTOMETRAGGIO: Facendo leva sulle sue convinzioni e il modo cui viviamo, Michael cammina attraverso una foresta in fiamme, si ferma davanti ad un albero devastato, si lascia colpire dal vento. Joseph Vogel dice che non cerca di simboleggiare una crocifissione, né un sacrificio, ma un posizionamento, un prendere posizione. Michael invita tutto il mondo: la foresta pluviale amazzonica,i campi in Tanzania, una zona di guerra in Croazia, una foresta bruciata a New York ... la crudeltà, l'inquinamento, la morte ... poi cade in ginocchio, scavando il suono con i pugni in segno di supplica,e la distruzione viene assorita da un vorticoso vento, il vento della lotta collettiva , capace di creare un cambiamento improvviso. Come poter tornare indietro nel tempo, resistere, interrompere quello status quo che non è solo ingiusto, ma anche insostenibile, e lui insieme al collettivo cerca di invertire la tendenza.
    "Earth Song è un apocalisse musicale prendendo spunto dalla comparsa di Angelo del paradiso e immagine di armonia e vitalità , per arrivare al nostro attuale stato di degrado e di divisioni. "Il cortometraggio offre una luce di speranza e si conclude tornando alle origini o a quello che potrebbe essere se collettivamente facciamo un cambiamento. Iniziando a prendersi cura della Terra, e del dolore degli altri, per capire che siamo tutti connessi, e con la nostra volontà collettiva di cambiare, possiamo sperare di guarire il mondo.
    Un mondo così com'è ... un mondo come potrebbe essere.
    LA PERFORMANCE ARTISTICA da Joe Vogel): Michael eseguì Earth Song per la prima volta in Brunei, in un concerto che precedeva l'inizio del suo HIStory World Tour. Era una serata molto calda, la performance in tutto durò quasi 3 ore, la sua conclusione fu Earth Song ... Michael, il microfono e la musica. Io non sono tipo da mettermi a quantificare o confrontare le performance perché ognuno ha la sua caratteristica. Ma, devo dire, che dopo aver mostrato il video della performance , nelle Maratone per Michael tenutesi un pò dovunque..e ogni volta ... i presenti avevano due reazioni comuni: un pianto irrefrenabile e l'incapacità di parlare. E 'abbastanza semplice ... eccellente! Nella mia vita, non ho mai visto un artista che sapesse evocare così bene quel tipo di emozione, che partiva da se stesso verso gli altri.
    La performance di Michael su questo pezzo è un miracolo. . La performance nell' HIStory World Tour per Earth Song , rappresenta una forma teatrale nel suo culmine "Una potentissima miscela di divertimento e arte, la profezia e l'attivismo, la musica e le immagini realizzate in un modo che non si era mai visto prima." Nel suo modo di esprimersi ha incluso tutte le età, culture e colori. La disumanità dell'uomo verso l'uomo è stato portata in scena nella forma di un carro armato e un soldato armato. Michael si eleva al di sopra del suo pubblico mentre grida il suo dolore ... che rappresenta quello dell'umanità e della Terra, mentre distesa sotto di lui c'è una marea di volti che cantano, WHAT ABOUT US? ? Anche se molti hanno cercato di raggiungere le vette della performance di Michael in Earth Song ... nessuno c'è mai riuscito. Ma anche mettendo da parte l'enorme e indiscusso talento, i sette anni di sforzi per comporre Earth Song, le innumerevoli ore di registrazione, la creatività e l'impegno inesauribile, ... bisogna ricordare che Michael ha viaggiato per il mondo ha visto la disperazione, la povertà, le malattie,in prima persona. Ha tenuto i bambini tra le braccia mentre lasciavano questa terra. Poi, è uscito sul palco per noi. Ha donato centinaia di migliaia di dollari, componendo e registrando la sua musica, ha interamente donato il ricavato della musica stessa e da quelle performance ... e Michael ha presentato PERSONALMENTE al mondo quel dolore . Ne è stato testimone. Tutto questo, lo portava nel suo cuore e lo ha riversato nel suo essere musicista, cantante, performer , cioè che lui era. Non è possibile ripetere questo. C'È UN SOLO MICHAEL JACKSON. Michael eseguì Earth Song ai World Music Award . Uno spettacolo emozionante che comprendeva un pubblico enorme e stordito . Con le braccia alzate e le candele accese, le lacrime rigavano i volti delle persone in tutto il pianeta, Michael ha condiviso la sua arte e l'attivismo.
    LOVE YOU MICHAEL!

Grazie, Joseph Vogel, per il vostro incredibile scritto Earth Song- Magnum Opus di Michael Jackson.
    La SUA storia, La TUA storia, la VOSTRA storia, la NOSTRA storia.

Questa traduzione è per il Michael Jackson's Gold World. In caso di ripubblicazione citare la fonte riportando l'url diretto a questo post, (clicca sulla data del post per ottenere l'url diretto)

Edited by ArcoIris - 8/4/2018, 17:27

1 replies since 8/10/2014, 06:28   311 views