25 GIUGNO 2014 (Lunga Vita al Re)

« Older   Newer »

1. MJ-Beautiful soul

User deleted

Another June 25th Has Passed

Another “Michael Week” has just concluded as the week of that dreaded anniversary day of Michael Jackson’s passing has become known. In the year after Michael’s death, we tried to get together to celebrate his birth in August and it was a special time. Somehow, in the ensuing years, much to my chagrin, the “events” started to be scheduled during the time of his death. Like so many others, I just want to be with others who feel about him the way that I do during this time. So, I headed to Los Angeles for “Michael Week.”

Early in the week, I made the journey to Neverland. Even though he has been gone from there for many years, I do feel Michael’s spirit more in this beautiful land that he called home for so many of his years. I walked by the gates and heard one fan mockingly utter the words “greedy estate,” somehow forgetting that the estate executors represent Michael’s mother and children. And, through all the hate rained down on the estate, I have not yet heard concrete solutions for how the estate’s legal tangles and $400 million in debt should have been dealt with for the benefit of his heirs. This peaceful land just does not seem to be the place for that to be expressed. It just made me more emotional. I did encounter some wonderful fans from Spain and Japan at the gates of Neverland whose heartfelt emotions and messages moved me. Others had left beautiful messages on plaques, on paper, and written on the walls. I took a photo of an incredibly appropriate plaque that someone left at Neverland which described my thoughts better than I could have myself. I left my own message for Michael written on a stone that I hid in a crevasse in the wall.

photo_10

My main reason for making the trip to Los Angeles this year was to attend Brad Sundberg’s “In the Studio With MJ” event. Brad Sundberg was part of Michael Jackson’s creative team as one of his engineers and Technical Director for 18 years. He was involved in the studio production of BAD, Dangerous, HIStory and Blood On The Dance Floor and developed the sound system for the grounds of Neverland.

“One of my favorite parts of presenting this seminar is sharing what it was like when Michael wrote a song. I can’t do it justice in words, so I need to take you there, and let you sit in the studio with me, and hear for yourself.” - Brad Sundberg

The experience of Brad’s seminar is difficult to put into words. It is an inside look at the creation of Michael Jackson’s musical masterpieces. Stories of Michael’s genius, creativity, perfectionism, work ethic, and humanity are shared. But, it is the music that takes center stage in this full day seminar. You will laugh, you will cry and you will know that it was just a small peek into what made Michael Jackson so great. It is an amazing experience that makes you thirst for even more. Brad Sundberg and his guests do not disappoint.

I told myself that I would only go to his resting place, Forest Lawn, just once, so I did that last year. I somehow found myself there on June 25th this year anyway, needing a place to be with other people who love Michael Jackson. There is something special about hearing Michael’s music coming out of so many car windows in one place. I smile to myself and say, “There goes another Michael music lover who plays him at “hurt me” levels just like me.” And, it isn’t just the music from “Thriller” like casual fans play. You know you are in the presence of diehard Michael fans because his entire catalog is represented. Despite the controversy that seems to exist in the fan community about new releases, I overwhelmingly heard songs from “Xscape” coming from those car windows on this day. There is just something about those vocals of Michael’s on that album and we just cannot stop listening to them.

To be honest, I don’t feel his presence there at Forest Lawn so much even though it is the final resting place of his physical body. However, there is comfort to be drawn from those who gather there from so many different places on this planet. All are there to pay their respects to the man that we hold so dear. The flowers, cards, messages and other tributes show so much love for this man who for many is so much more than his music. The impersonators are well meaning but this occasion just doesn’t seem the right place for that. The prayers, the moments of silence, and the song, “Man In The Mirror,” are just right.

photo_7

Right now I am telling myself that I won’t go back to Los Angeles for “Michael Week” again next year. After all, there is his music to keep me company and give me comfort and joy.

“When you want to be close to me, listen to the music. The love is stored there and will not die!” - Michael Jackson :love:

Source: http://mjtruthnow1.wordpress.com/2014/07/0...5th-has-passed/

Edited by ArcoIris - 10/4/2018, 17:25

34 replies since 22/6/2014, 23:28   2674 views