... guerra e querele tra aziende.

« Older   Newer »

1. ArcoIris

"The King of Pop"

Group
    Dangerous

Status
    Anonymous

Michael Jackson , The Estate, Sony, his family and the hologram that wasn’t him

On Sunday night the world waited with baited breath for the performance of a lifetime: “Michael Jackson is returning to perform” we were told. For weeks on end Sony and The Estate hyped the performance of The King of Pop as a hologram. We were told it would be as good as any live performance Michael ever did, some fans linked to The Estate even said that it would be on par to the historic Motown 25 performance.

Even skeptics had a tiny sliver of hope: After all the hype, “could SOMETHING good happen” for once?
    Sunday night came, the excitement got higher and higher, the performance came and the excitement turned to shock, horror, then anger and then all fans asked only one question: “Who is it??” as it sure as hell wasn’t Michael Jackson.

Surprisingly the media seemed to love it and actually wrote FAVORABLY about Michael … For 24 hours, then they too jumped on the “it was creepy”, bandwagon. But no-one in the press mentioned the one thing they should have: The hologram was NOT the real King of Pop!!

On my Twitter yesterday I revealed the name of the man behind the hologram. A longtime fan and Michael Jackson imitator who has been used by The Estate for quite some time: Christopher Gaspar. Now said to be Michael’s “Official” impersonator according to him, Sony and The Estate. He is used to pose for various merchandise (including the Escape cover, where part of his and part of Michael’s face is used. The worrying implication of a white man being the official impersonator or a black man is of course an entirely different discussion.)

He was also “The Hologram” at the Escape presentation, about which he talked on his Facebook page, and people attending it have told us that, in their opinion, it was the very same, though slightly edited, hologram that appeared on the Billboards. Apparently an attempt was made to use Michael’s face from Black or White and mash it with Christopher’s but to everyone watching it looked very off.

Of course Sony, The Estate and Christopher now scramble to say that it wasn’t an impersonator, then adding that to get a hologram you need an impersonator to get things right. Seeing Michael himself often digitalised his dance-moves in the past (mainly for Ghosts) this is a bad excuse: it would have been very easy to get his movements right and edit them to dance to the beat of any song. It would have taken longer, of course, then if they were to use someone else, but it would have been a lot better. But the companies didn’t want to wait: hey were riding a wave of publicity and wanted to keep momentum going, so instead of waiting they decided to settle. With, of course, bad results.

The fans were upset. And despite Joseph and Jackie Jackson kowtowing to The Estate by continually praising and promoting the new album and attending the Billboards (with Jackie claiming the hologram was so perfect it made him “cry”,) most of the family was very upset by the “shambles” as well.
    Some took to Twitter with Genevieve Jackson saying: “That impersonator tho? Like why? So disappointed.” Later adding: “Sometimes it’s better to react with no reaction.”
    Randy Jackson junior added: “I am beyond disappointed with that hologram performance! It wasn’t even my uncle…please leave his legacy as perfect as he left it.”
    Brenda Richie said she was “speechless” and “disturbed” adding: “I DON’T KNOW WHAT THAT WAS!”
    While Jaafar Jackson posted on the day XScape was released: “Greed kills. Life is to be lived, not controlled.”

But non were more offended then sister Janet Jackson, whom was planning to attend the Billboards, to present an award,as part of her comeback (a new album is said to be released this year.) When word got out of the hologram performance and that her attending the show would look like she supported it, she canceled using her birthday as an excuse and went to holiday in Paris with her husband instead.
    Last night she took to Twitter to tell the world: “My brother, Michael, was, is and always will be a genius. I love you, Mike. Janet”

With Michael still in the media daily, an Estate that has split the family and seems intend on making money from him in any way they can no matter if the product be inferior making a mockery of his memory, it looks like Michael’s family, friends and fans have to morn him again and again every day as if we are all stuck in a never ending groundhog day.
    Latoya might have said it best when saying, yesterday: “Every Day Is A New Beginning! Take A Deep Breath And Start Over!”

http://divinevarod.com/2014/05/20/michael-...that-wasnt-him/

120 replies since 8/5/2014, 19:04   2752 views