Il Misterioso brano nell'album Xscape si intitola: "lovin You"

di Damien Shields

« Older   Newer »

"The King of Pop"

Group
    Threatened

Status
    Anonymous

Mystery track on Michael Jackson’s ‘XSCAPE’ album is called “Lovin’ You” – Track list complete!

by Damien Shields

It’s been almost two weeks since The Estate of Michael Jackson and Epic Records announced the May 13 release of the new Michael Jackson album ‘XSCAPE’. Although no track list has been announced as of yet, fans have been able to piece most of it together based on the reports published by those who attended private listening sessions arranged by Epic’s CEO L.A. Reid.

What we know for certain is that there will be eight songs on the album. Before today, seven of those eight tracks had been identified. Following new revelations that have come to pass today, it seems we can officially lock in the eighth and final track.

The track list is as follows:

1. Love Never Felt So Good
    2. Chicago (She Was Lovin’ Me)
    3. Lovin’ You
    4. A Place With No Name
    5. Do You Know Where Your Children Are
    6. Slave To The Rhythm
    7. Blue Gangsta
    8. Xscape

Track #3 on the album, called “Lovin’ You”, was a mystery until today. Here’s how it was identified and ultimately confirmed:

Two days ago Epic Records and The Estate held a listening session at Jim Henson Recording Studios in Los Angeles – the same studio in which Jackson famously recorded “We Are The World”. This listening session, hosted personally by Epic CEO, L.A. Reid, and Estate co-executor, John Branca, was held especially for a select group of fans whom the Estate flew in from as far and wide as Spain, Germany, Japan, UK, the Netherlands as well as cities within the United States.

Matt Blank, the representative of Michael Jackson World Network that attended the LA listening session, reported that according to L.A. Reid, track #3 is called “Loving You”.

“I asked L.A. Reid to confirm the title of track three, asking if it was ‘Loving you’ and he said yes,” revealed Blank via Twitter, adding: “This (“Lovin’ You”) was a lyric repeated a lot during the chorus… None of us have seen the tracklisting written down… but as I said I did ask for confirmation.”

With Blank’s statements in mind I set out on trying to confirm the origins of “Lovin’ You”. Here’s what I found:

Michael Jackson wrote and recorded the track in the mid-80s before bringing the multi-track tapes to his trusted engineer, Matt Forger, to mix.

“One day MJ came into the Hayvenhurst Studio and asked me to mix it and gave me the multi-track,” recalled Forger. “He did the song at another studio. He just brought me the tape to mix,” he continued, adding that it was likely John Barnes who played on it. “He worked with him a lot in that era.”

Forger told me that the track is vocally complete, which fits with L.A. Reid’s strict terms and conditions of only including songs that Jackson recorded complete, multi-track vocals for.

“I remember it as an RnB style, mid-tempo love song,” said Forger, which matches perfectly with the descriptions of journalists and fans who’ve heard it. “It was a good song, just not in serious consideration for the BAD album. One of many that were recorded and put away.”

Below is a collection of statements regarding “Lovin’ Me” derived from articles published over the last two weeks:

“The third song played is another Off the Wallesque, mid-paced love song with a youthful, almost naive-sounding vocal. It feels very much like a song that didn’t make it on to an old album, and while the production is good – there’s an amazing rolling beat throughout – it still feels slight,” reported journalist Michael Cragg after attending a listening session in the UK, while Lewis Corner, also at that session, described it as a flowing ’80s-tinged serenade with orchestral bursts and choral harmonies.

A critic who heard the track during the Paris listening session likened the song to “Liberian Girl” and described it as being a nostalgic track with a minimalist-type production and whirling synths.

Another attendee of that same Paris listening session told me that the track was a smooth mid-tempo love song about a girl. He said it has an RnB feel, “Reminiscent of the ‘Off The Wall’ approach Jackson and producer Rodney Jerkins had developed on ‘Invincible’ for songs like ‘You Rock My World’,” adding that: ”It has a slight ‘The Jacksons’ feel; like in their ‘Triumph’ days.”

Joseph Vogel, author of ’Man in the Music: The Creative Life and Work of Michael Jackson’, discussed the track briefly from his Twitter account, also confirming that the track is a mid-tempo from the 1980s and: “Not a song that people have heard.”

And Vogel is right; people around the world, myself included, have never heard this song before. Vogel, however, has been privileged enough to have heard the entire album on more than one occasion – first in L.A. Reid’s office, and again at the Top of the Rock listening session in NYC on April 8.

“I can’t wait to check out the album,” Matt Forger told me as we wrapped up our conversation. “I’ve heard about it but I haven’t heard any of the new stuff,” he said, adding that it’s pleasing to see so many positive reviews.

‘XSCAPE’ is released worldwide on May 13, 2014

http://www.damienshields.com/the-mystery-t...ape-what-is-it/
    ** traduzione in arrivo

"The King of Pop"

Group
    Threatened

Status
    Anonymous

Il Misterioso brano nell'album Xscape si intitola " Lovin You"

di Damien Shields

Quasi due settimane fa, l' Estate di Michael Jackson e la Epic Records hanno annunciato che il 13 maggio uscirà il nuovo album' XSCAPE ' . Anche se nessuna track list è stata ufficialmente rilasciata, i fan sono stati in grado di metterla insieme attraverso le numerose recensioni provenienti dalle sessioni di ascolto private , organizzate dal CEO di Epic LA Reid .

Quello che sappiamo per certo è che ci saranno otto canzoni nell'album . Ma nei giorni precedenti, sette di queste otto tracce erano comunque state identificate . Al seguito delle nuove informazioni sembra che possiamo mettere insieme questa lista .

1. Love Never Felt So Good
    2. Chicago (She Was Lovin’ Me)
    3. Lovin’ You
    4. A Place With No Name
    5. Do You Know Where Your Children Are
    6. Slave To The Rhythm
    7. Blue Gangsta
    8. Xscape

La traccia nr 3, intitolata " Lovin ' You" , era sconosciuta sino ad oggi. Ecco come è stata identificata :

Due giorni fa la Epic Records e l'Estate hanno tenuto una sessione di ascolto al Jim Henson Recording Studios di Los Angeles - lo stesso studio in cui Jackson aveva registrato "We Are The World" . In questa sessione di ascolto , ospiti del CEO della Epic , LA Reid e il co-esecutore dell'Estate , John Branca , erano invitati i titolari di alcuni Fans Club sparsi in tutto il mondo e arrivati da posti anche lontanissimi come Spagna, Germania , Giappone, Regno Unito , Paesi Bassi , nonché gli Stati Uniti .

Matt Blank , il rappresentante del' MJWN,che ha partecipato alla sessione di ascolto a Los Angeles , ha riferito che secondo LA Reid , la traccia nr 3 si intitola " Loving You" .

"Ho chiesto a LA Reid di confermare il titolo della traccia nr 3 , chiedendo se si trattava di ' Loving You ' e lui ha detto di sì ", ha raccontato Blank su Twitter, aggiungendo : " ( " Lovin ' You " )è una frase che viene ripetuta spessissimo dal coro ... ... ma come ho detto ho chiesto conferma. "

Così mi sono messo a cercare conferme sulle origini di " Lovin ' You" . Ecco cosa ho trovato:

Michael Jackson ha scritto e registrato il brano a metà degli anni '80 per poi portare la multitraccia per il mix ad un suo ingegnere fidato , Matt Forger .

" "Un giorno MJ venne nello studio di Hayvenhurst e mi chiese di mixarla, dandomi la multitraccia. Aveva fatto la canzone in un altro studio"", ha ricordato Forger . "Me la consegnò per fare i mixaggi", ha proseguito , aggiungendo che probabilmente era John Barnes a suonare nella traccia.
    Forger ha aggiunto che la traccia era vocalmente completa , il che quadra con quanto detto da L.A. Reid che ha incluso tracce complete.
    "Ricordo che è una canzone d'amore mid-tempo stile R&B. Era una buona canzone, solo non presa in considerazione per l'album Bad, una delle molte registrate e messe via. Non vedo l'ora di sentire l'album, ne ho sentito parlare ma non ho ascoltato la roba nuova", aggiungendo che è contento di leggere così tante recensioni positive.

Qui di seguito è un insieme di dichiarazioni su" Lovin ' Me" che deriva da articoli pubblicati nelle settimane precedenti:
    (n.d.r altre parti richiamate in precedenti articoli di Damien)
    Vogel quindi aveva ragione ;nessuno, me compreso ha mai sentito prima questa canzone. Vogel , del resto , ha avuto il privilegio di ascoltare l'album più volte - nell'ufficio di LA Reid , e nella sessione di ascolto svoltasi a New York l'8 aprile .

' XSCAPE ' verrà rilasciato in tutto il mondo il 13 maggio 2014

1 replies since 13/4/2014, 12:24   158 views