Michael Jackson's Xscape - Recensioni

« Older   Newer »

1. ArcoIris

"The King of Pop"

Group
    Dangerous

Status
    Anonymous

Michael Jackson's Xscape: Lovingly restored material brings back the King Of Pop

Largely comprised of songs recorded in the 90s and early 2000s, Xscape is a more cohesive album in comparison to 2010 offering "Michael."

Eight previously unreleased songs have been ( in the words of Executive Producer L.A Reid) 'contemporized' by the likes of Timbaland, Stargate and Rodney Jerkins.

And whilst the fresh 2014 production enhances that trademark MJ vocal, it doesn't detract from the original song and the genius of Michael's songwriting vision.

As the album begins, you're immediately transported back to the Thriller era, thanks to an amazing 1983 disco groove.

With its soulful vocal, infectious baseline and orchestral strings, it's a song that screams 'Jackson classic' and it says a lot about influence when you consider that it wouldn't sound out of place on the latest Pharrell album.

I challenge anyone not to experience goosebumps after hearing another cut layered with lush harmonies believed to have been recorded in 1998 and a song that deserves to played by radio stations worldwide.

Previously leaked "Slave To The Rhythm" is a floor-filler for a new generation whilst another RnB soaked song has echoes of "The Way You Make Me Feel."

6468833Michael_Jacksons_briefs_3302482

Two other tracks contain the dna of previous Jackson classics, but once again the music benefits from newly enhanced production and offer an insight into Michael's obvious determination to connect with the merging hip-hop generation.

The good news for fans, is that the tracks are as a strong as anything released on his last two studio albums.

But one of the outstanding cuts on the "Xscape" album is a song in which an emphatic Jackson discusses family values and child abuse over a pulsating bass line and guitar riff.

Whilst I'm not convinced the new production has added anything to the original, it's still a song that will get everyone talking.

And as the album concludes with title track "Xscape" a sonic slice of noughties electro-pop, I'm left satisfied that Michael's legacy will endure thanks to a collection of carefully selected material, lovingly re-engineered for millions of fans and new fans alike.

There's a reason he was called The King of Pop after all. And deserves another worldwide No.1.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news...TXEas0.facebook

Michael Jackson Xscape: materiale restaurato riporta il King Of Pop

Dal Mirror - Kevin Hughes
    In gran parte composto da brani registrati negli anni '90 e nei primi anni 2000, Xscape è un album più coeso rispetto a "Michael" del 2010.

Otto brani inediti sono stati (secondo le parole del Produttore Esecutivo LA Reid) 'attualizzati' da artisti del calibro di Timbaland, Stargate e Rodney Jerkins.

E mentre la nuova produzione 2014 potenzia la tipica parte vocale di MJ, non toglie nulla alla canzone originale e al genio della visione del Michael autore.

Mentre inizia l'album si viene immediatamente trasportati all'epoca Thriller, grazie ad un incredibile groove da discoteca del 1983.

Con la sua voce appassionata, una base contagiosa e archi orchestrali, è una canzone che urla 'classico di Jackson' e dice molto dell'influenza se si considera che non suonerebbe fuori luogo sul ultimo album di Pharrell.

Sfido chiunque a non avere la pelle d'oca dopo aver sentito un altro brano con armonie seducenti che si ritiene sia stato registrato nel 1998 e una canzone che merita di essere suonata dalle radio di tutto il mondo.

"Slave To The Rhythm", trapelata poco tempo fa, è un riempipista per una nuova generazione, mentre un altro brano imbevuto di RnB ha echi di "The Way You Make Me Feel".

Altri due brani contengono il dna di precedenti classici di Jackson, ma ancora una volta la musica beneficia della dalla nuova produzione e offre una panoramica sulla volontà evidente di Michael di connettersi con la generazione hip-hop.

La buona notizia per i fan è che le tracce sono altrettanto forti di quello che è stato pubblicato nei suoi due ultimi album in studio.

Ma uno dei brani notevoli dell'album "Xscape" è una canzone in cui un Jackson enfatico discute i valori della famiglia e la pedofilia su una linea di basso pulsante e un riff di chitarra.

Anche se io non sono convinto che la nuova produzione abbia aggiunto qualcosa a quella originale, è comunque una canzone che farà parlare di sé.

E mentre l'album si conclude con la title track "Xscape", una porzione sonora di electro-pop stile primi anni 2000, io resto soddisfatto che l'eredità di Michael durerà grazie ad una raccolta di materiale accuratamente selezionato, sapientemente re-ingegnerizzato per milioni di fan e nuovi fan.

C'è una ragione per cui è stato definito il Re del Pop, dopo tutto. E merita un altro No.1 in tutto il mondo.

Traduzione a cura di 4everMJJ per MJFanSquare.

62 replies since 11/4/2014, 14:17   2250 views