Perchè amiamo Michael Jackson

By Linda Higgins

« Older   Newer »

1. MJ-Beautiful soul

User deleted

Why We Love Michael Jackson

jpg

With the passing of Michael Jackson, fans all over the world have joined together in a common purpose; to do justice for a man who experienced so much injustice. For some reason, this tends to baffle those outside of the MJ Community. They mock our loyalty, our dedication, and sometimes even our sanity. I’ve seen several references of fans being labeled "as crazy as he was."

They think we are crazy for loving a man who they criticized for his changing appearance. Maybe they don’t understand that the color of a man’s skin doesn’t make the man. We loved him when he had the appearance of a black man and we loved him when he had the appearance of a white man. His skin color was irrelevant to us. They don’t understand that we didn’t care how many plastic surgeries he did or didn’t have. That was a personal matter for him.

They don’t understand we weren’t bothered by his eccentricities, and his love of animals and children wasn’t strange to us. They don’t understand why we didn’t convict him in the court of public opinion. It’s because our opinion of him was based on his character, not lies. In the words of John Wooden "Your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are."

They wonder how we could still be caught up in "Michael Jackson." They can’t believe we still think about him every day. They are blown away by the fact that we can still get emotional about his death.

The love we have for him goes deeper than the admiration of an Icon. It has developed into a genuine respect for the man. Apart from his music, which speaks for itself, we admire the strength and resilience he exhibited in the face of challenges he encountered. His kindness, caring and compassion for humanity is something we all now strive to emulate, but most of all we love him because of how he made us feel.

Have you ever had anybody show you unconditional love? Have you ever been told directly and repeatedly that you are important? Have you ever had anybody dedicate their entire life to you? That’s what Michael did for us.

He understood the power of expressing love. It was his emotional interactions with us that made us feel like we mattered. Whether it was an excited wave outside his hotel window to a sea of fans, a heartfelt "I love you more" during a concert, or him singing so intensely that he broke down in tears on stage; those things had an impact on us.

Michael spoke the tenets of what he referred to as a "Children’s Bill of Rights," in his Oxford Speech in 2001; the first of which was "The right to be loved without having to earn it." He may not have realized it, but that’s also how he treated us.

He understood the significance of appreciating fans in a way that few other entertainers have grasped. It helped him become very successful, but the sacrifice that came with it is one that most others are unwilling to make. He couldn’t leave his house without being mobbed by fans, yet he didn’t let that stop him from showing love to them. Here are some examples:

At a trip to Disney World in 2002, he was mobbed after exiting the Peter Pan ride. With his entourage in tow, and his son Prince by his side, he took the time to stop and acknowledge some fans and sign autographs for them.

Another time, he was shopping for a birthday present at a mall with his daughter Paris, when he suddenly had a trail of people following him, all feverishly trying to get near him. Still, he was gracious and loving, reaching out to shake the hands of several fans, and once again expressing his love to them.

When he performed, he constantly expressed his appreciation verbally and physically to his fans. With a sweeping gesture of his arms and a hand held close to his heart, he would declare his undying love to us. He would let one girl come up on stage and spend a few minutes showering her with affection. A passionate embrace and a love song sung directly to her was a move so poignant that some girls would faint in his arms.

He didn’t only show his love to fans on stage. There were many times he expressed it in writing. In an excerpt in one such letter released to his fans via various fan clubs, he wrote: "I would like to thank you for the beautiful cards, photographs, messages, videos, and gifts sent to me on my birthday. I was overwhelmed by your kindness. Your continued love and support means so much to me. I really love and appreciate you all... from the bottom of my heart."

Even at his trial, he took the time to acknowledge the presence and love of his fans, much to the criticism of the press. One of his last gestures to his fans was during the planning stages of his concert This Is It. He wanted to sing the songs we wanted to hear, so he put up a website and let us decide which of his songs would be included in the show; a great way to illustrate who really mattered.

He gave so much to his fans, that we now feel an obligation to honor him with love. How each fan goes about that is different. Some feel they can best show their love by making sure the truth is told. Others feel a sense of responsibility to ensure justice is served in his death. His humanitarian work is carried out by fans who feel they can honor him best by continuing his work with children. Some fans simply want to spread his message of love. I feel I can honor him best by keeping him alive in the hearts of fans through my articles and videos. Jerry Biederman felt he could honor him best by organizing a tribute. David Ilan felt he could honor him best through his artwork. That’s why the Michael Jackson Tribute Portrait exists today.

To those of you who wonder why Michael Jackson’s fans are so loyal, it’s because he was loyal to us. If you question why we are so dedicated to him, it’s because he was dedicated to us. His constant love, acknowledgment and appreciation of his fans, has made a difference for people all over the world in ways outsiders couldn’t possibly know. Some fans have even credited him with saving their lives.

His sincerity in those gestures has created a bond with him and an allegiance to him that is unbreakable. It is a testament to the power of Love and it has left us with a feeling of gratitude that we will never forget.

jpg

That is why we love Michael Jackson! :love:

Linda Higgins
    Director of Community Development

Source: www.michaeljacksontributeportrait.c...p?article_id=70

Edited by ArcoIris - 1/9/2019, 02:59

"The King of Pop"

Group
    Dangerous

Status
    Anonymous

Perché amiamo Michael Jackson

147202_0

Con la morte di Michael Jackson, i fan di tutto il mondo si sono uniti in uno scopo comune; rendere giustizia ad un uomo che ha vissuto tanta ingiustizia. Per qualche ragione, questo tende a confondere quelli al di fuori della Comunità di MJ. Essi deridono la nostra fedeltà, la nostra dedizione, e talvolta anche la nostra salute mentale. Ho visto diversi riferimenti ai fans essere etichettati come dei "pazzi come lui."

Loro pensano che siamo pazzi perchè amiamo un uomo che hanno criticato per i cambiamenti del suo aspetto. Forse non capiscono che il colore della pelle di un uomo non fa l'uomo. Lo abbiamo amato quando aveva l'aspetto di un uomo nero e lo abbiamo amato quando aveva l'aspetto di un uomo bianco. Il suo colore della pelle era irrilevante per noi. Non capiscono che non ci importava quanti interventi di chirurgia plastica ha fatto o no. Quella era una questione personale sua.

Loro non capiscono che non siamo stati disturbati dalla sua eccentricità, e il suo amore per gli animali e bambini non era strano per noi. Non capiscono perché non lo abbiamo condannato nella corte dell'opinione pubblica. Perché la nostra opinione su di lui si è basata sul suo personaggio, non sulle bugie. Nelle parole di John Wooden: "Il tuo personaggio è ciò che sei realmente, mentre la tua reputazione è solo quello che gli altri pensano che sei."

Si chiedono come possiamo essere ancora impigliati in "Michael Jackson". Non possono credere che noi continuiamo a pensare a lui ogni giorno. Sono stupefatti dal fatto che possiamo ancora commuoverci riguardo la sua morte.

L'amore che proviamo per lui va oltre l'ammirazione di un'icona. Si è sviluppato in un genuino rispetto per l'uomo. A parte la sua musica, che parla da sé, ammiriamo la forza e capacità di ricupero che ha mostrato di avere di fronte alle sfide che incontrava. La sua gentilezza, la cura e la compassione per l'umanità è qualcosa che tutti noi oggi cerchiamo di emulare, ma più di tutti lo amiamo per come ci ha fatto sentire.

Hai mai avuto nessuno che ti ha dimostrato amore incondizionato? Ti hanno mai detto direttamente e ripetutamente che sei importante? Hai mai avuto qualcuno che ti ha dedicato tutta la sua vita? Questo è quello che Michael ha fatto per noi.

Ha capito il potere di esprimere amore. Erano le sue interazioni emozionali con noi che ci ha fatto sentire che ci teneva a noi. Che si affacciasse fuori dalla finestra del suo albergo davanti a un mare di tifosi, o sentire "I love you more" durante un concerto, o di cantare così intensamente da scoppiare in lacrime sul palco; quelle cose hanno avuto un impatto su di noi.

Michael ha parlato dei principi di quella che lui chiamava la "Carta dei diritti dei bambini", nel suo Discorso a Oxford, nel 2001, il primo dei quali è stato "Il diritto di essere amati, senza doverselo guadagnare." Può non essersi reso conto, ma è così che si è comportato con noi.

Ha capito il significato di apprezzare i fan in un modo che pochi altri artisti hanno colto.
    Lo ha aiutato ad avere grande successo, ma il sacrificio che ne è derivato con esso è qualcosa che la maggior parte gli altri non sono disposti a fare. Non poteva uscire di casa senza essere assalito dai fan, ma ciò non gli ha mai impedito di mostrare amore per loro. Ecco alcuni esempi:

In un viaggio a Disney World nel 2002, è stato preso d'assalto dopo l'uscita dalla giostra di Peter Pan. Con il suo entourage al seguito e il figlio Prince al suo fianco, si è preso del tempo per fermarsi e conoscere alcuni fan e firmare degli autografi.

Un'altra volta, faceva shopping per un regalo di compleanno in un centro commerciale con la figlia Paris, quando improvvisamente si ritrovò con una scia di persone che lo seguivano, tutti febbrilmente cercando di avvicinarsi a lui. Eppure, lui fu gentile e amorevole nel raggiungere e stringere le mani di molti fan e, ancora una volta, per esprimere il suo amore per loro.

Quando si è esibito, ha costantemente espresso verbalmente e fisicamente il suo apprezzamento per i suoi fan. Con un ampio gesto delle braccia econ una mano vicino al cuore, dichiarava il suo amore eterno per noi. Faceva salire una ragazza sul palco e per qualche minuto rimaneva abbracciato a lei con amore. Un abbraccio appassionato e una canzone d'amore cantata direttamente a lei era una mossa così struggente che alcune ragazze sono svenute tra le sue braccia.

Non ha dimosttrato il suo amore per i fan sul ​​palco. Ci sono state molte volte lo ha espresso per iscritto. In uno stralcio di una lettera per i suoi fan rilasciata tramite vari fan club, ha scritto:: "Vorrei ringraziarvi per le belle lettere, fotografie, messaggi, video e regali che mi avete inviato per il mio compleanno, sono stato sopraffatto dalla vostra gentilezza. Il vostro continuo amore e sostegno significano molto per me . Mi piace e lo apprezzo molto... dal profondo del mio cuore ".

Anche durante il processo, ha avuto modo di riconoscere la presenza e l'amore dei suoi fans, tanto per le critiche della stampa . Uno dei suoi ultimi gesti per i suoi fan è stato durante le fasi di pianificazione del suo concerto 'This is It'.
    Voleva cantare le canzoni che volevamo sentire, così ha messo su un sito web e lasciato a noi decidere quale delle sue canzoni dovevano essere incluse nella scaletta, un ottimo modo per illustrare chi contava veramente.

Ha dato tanto ai suoi fan, che ora sentiamo l'obbligo di onorarlo con amore . Come ogni fan lo fa è diverso . Alcuni si sentono di poter meglio mostrare il loro amore facendo in modo di raccontare la verità . Altri sentono un senso di responsabilità al fine di garantire che giustizia, per la sua morte, sia fatta. La sua opera umanitaria è svolta da fan che vogliono onorarlo così, continuando il suo lavoro con i bambini . Altri fan vogliono semplicemente diffondere il suo messaggio di amore.
    Mi sento di poterlo onorare meglio, mantenendolo vivo nel cuore dei fan attraverso i miei articoli e video . Jerry Biederman sentiva di poter onorarlo meglio organizzando un tributo . David Ilan, di rendergli un tributo attraverso la sua opera d'arte. Ecco perché il Michael Jackson Tribute Portrait esiste oggi.

Per quelli di voi che si chiedono perché i fan di Michael Jackson sono così fedeli, è perché lui era fedele a noi. Se vi domandate del perché siamo così dedicati a lui, è perché lui si è dedicato a noi.
    Il suo amore costante, il riconoscimento e l'apprezzamento dei suoi fan, ha fatto la differenza per le persone di tutto il mondo in un modo che gli estranei non potranno conoscere. Alcuni fan hanno dato a lui il merito di aver salvato le loro vite.

La sua sincerità in quei gesti ha creato un legame nei suoi riguardi e una fedeltà che è infrangibile. E' un testamento della potenza dell'Amore e ci ha lasciato con un sentimento di gratitudine che non dimenticheremo mai.

147203_0

È per questo che noi amiamo Michael Jackson!

Linda Higgins
    Director of Community Development

Edited by ArcoIris - 14/4/2018, 02:35

1 replies since 17/10/2013, 20:48   326 views