Imparare dal migliore

By Joseph Milord

« Older   Newer »

1. MJ-Beautiful soul

User deleted

Learn From The Best

Watch_Spike_Lees_Michael_Jackson_Documentary_Bad25_featured_image_640x360

The following article written by Joseph MiLord is an thought-provoking look at the roots to Michael’s success. Joseph, a Journalism & Media Studies major at Rutgers University, began his writing days as a blogger in his sophomore year, before a twist of fate saw him cross paths with Elite Daily. He hasn’t looked back since, only forward towards fulfilling his obsession with words through many more articles for the voice of generation.

We hope you find this article enlightening!

“The life and times of Michael Jackson will be remembered for many things. There was ‘ABC,’ there was his great number of fans, there were his numerous comebacks, the Neverland ranch, ‘Black Or White,’ ‘Beat It’ and ‘Thriller.’ Who could possibly forget ‘Thriller’!? The answer is not many, but lots of people might forget about just how hard of a worker Michael was. In fact, a lot of people may not even know anything about his work ethic.

A few people may think of “MJ” as a once in a generation talent, which would actually undermine just how much work the great one had to put into his craft because whenever a close colleague has gotten a chance to praise the hours he put into practice, like many did in this short video, they have and have done so vehemently.
    CITAZIONE
    “Michael’s a machine, Michael was in insane, Michael was obsessed with perfection.”

All the words of praise came in different words, but they all sent the same message. Michael Jackson wasn’t just blessed with a skill, but he also matched it with great amounts of effort and dedication to turn that skill into immense success. And, because of that, you would do well to note the lessons that can be taken away from that dedication. So, here are the five lessons of success that anyone can take from the career of Michael Jackson.

1) There’s actual hard work behind people’s flashy moments
    It may be hard to consider in this era of the quick Instagram post, the even quicker Twitpic, and even the Vine, but when people brag about the bright points in their lives — the highs and the great successes — we must remember, there’s actual work that had to be put in for them to get to where they are. It’s tempting to get jealous and covet what “they” have when we should be coveting the energy and sense of direction needed to get us to a point of success.
    CITAZIONE
    “A lot of people they’re used to just seeing the outcome, they never see the side of the work you put through to produce the outcome.”

Michael knows all too well what it’s like to be lauded for the finished product, only for people to disregard the processes of trial and error that said product had to go through. Many people acknowledge ‘Thriller’ for being the ground-breaking music video of the 80s, but do they know about the eight weeks during which Michael had to work like a slave to produce the piece of genius. They probably don’t know, as Quincy Jones mentions, that Michael would stay up days at a time, until he was ready to drop, searching for perfection.

What’s the point, then? We may not see it, but behind every Kodak moment capturing one success, there is always likely to be hours and hours (and hours) of hard work that led to it. Instead of being jealous of others’ accomplishments, we probably should be jealous of their desire to get there, and try to mimic it as well.

Cattura_1

2) From time to time, you’ll have to check your constituents
    Your friends and co-workers are around you for a reason. You chose for them to be. At some point in time, you chose to enter a certain circle or you chose to go for a certain job that has landed you in the environment that you’re in. One way or another, you had a part in getting yourself where you are now.

Just because you had a hand in placing yourself in and around these associates doesn’t mean they think the same way as you and, if you intend to work with them as a team, it might just be important you check their priorities and ways of thinking once in a while.

That’s exactly what Michael (who boasted about how phenomenal ‘Thriller’ would be) did when Quincy Jones (who thought it would be just “good”) said otherwise. It was then time for MJ to keep his constituents in check and a close friend recalls just how he did it too.
    CITAZIONE
    “[He said] ‘If Quincy doesn’t believe in this record the way I do, then let’s cancel the whole thing. Fine, we’re just not gonna put it out. ‘Thriller’ is cancelled.’ But Michael said to me he wasn’t really gonna cancel the release of the record, he was motivating people. The only way he thought he could achieve that was to pull the project from them, get them all upset and worried, and then give it back to them. And make them prove to him that they all had the same vision he had.”

In order for you to reach success, you’re most likely going to have to do it with the help of others around you. How much more difficult, then, would that task be if they don’t believe in what you believe? With the recognition that, at the end of the day, your sense of accomplishment is at risk, you might find it necessary, like Michael did, to check your constituents.

3) Use the days of your youth to think big and disrupt
    Chances are, if you’re reading this, you’re either young or have a heart that’ll remain forever young. And if you are, perhaps this is the most valuable of lessons that can be taken away from the life and career of Michael Jackson, the idea that we should cherish are youthful age and the energy and room for error that come with it and think of new ideas.

Long-time friend and record producer Rodney “Darkchild” Jenkins recalls a time that Michael tried to push this concept into his head:
    CITAZIONE
    “Michael calls me and he says, why can’t we create new sounds? Someone created a drum right? Someone created a piano, why can’t we create a new instrument? …He used to always tell me Rodney, we have to do things, we have to push ourselves because we still have our youth.”

Everyone doesn’t have to come up with a product, idea or service that is revolutionary by tomorrow, but with each day that passes by, our ability to do so is likely to dwindle. So, there’s no better way to put a cap on this lesson than the way Michael said it. The time is now for us to push ourselves.

Cattura1

4) Of all things to get discouraged by, don’t let it be someone’s words
    There are lots of good reasons to stop what you’re doing and throw plan A in the garbage in favor of plan B. Maybe plan A just doesn’t work, maybe it’s a terrible idea, maybe you didn’t go about it the right way from the start and need to begin anew. All of these (very general) reasons, and more, could serve as legitimate cause for you reconsider your actions.

Being on the receiving end of ridicule, however, is not. Let’s not forgot, as Michael points out, even the greatest of greats were teased.
    CITAZIONE
    “Some of the greatest men that have made a mark on this world were treated like that. ‘You’re not gonna do it, you’re not gonna get anywhere.’ They laughed at the Wright brothers, they laughed at Thomas Edison, they laughed at Walt Disney, they made jokes of Henry Ford and said he was ignorant, he didn’t have a college degree he dropped out of school, Disney dropped out of school…”

And so on and so forth. What’s the moral of the story? If people find an opportunity to laugh at what you’re doing, they will take it, if not for anything than to make themselves feel better. But there is no reason why jokes, ridicule, criticism and negative words alone should persuade you to quit, especially if they’re coming from people who haven’t accomplished anything themselves.

5) “You don’t count your money, when you’re sittin’ at the table.”
    As the famous lyric goes, you just can’t rest on your laurels. It may sound like an oxymoron, but if your goal is to “make it,” you’ve failed the moment you think you’ve actually “made it.” Kenny Rodgers, who first sang that famous lyric, knew it and so did Michael, who offered this reply in an interview with Fox News’ Geraldo Rivera when asked if the making of ‘Thriller’ still excited him.
    CITAZIONE
    “I try not to think about it too hard, I don’t want my subconscious mind to think that I’ve done it all, you’re done now, no. That’s why I don’t put awards or trophies in my house. You won’t find a gold record anywhere in my house, because it makes you feel like you’ve accomplished, “look what I’ve done.” But I always wanna feel, not I haven’t done it yet.”

Cattura2

It’s tempting, at this moment, to list MJ’s accomplishments and all that he has done to further solidify this point, but it might be easier to just ask this question: What hasn’t Michael Jackson won? Take your you time, answer it, then consider this.

He still wasn’t satisfied.”
    - Joseph Milord

Source: www.mjworld.net/news/2013/10/18/learn-from-the-best/

Edited by ArcoIris - 14/4/2018, 02:45

Quando tutti intorno a te sono in preda al panico e tu sei perfettamente tranquillo, forse non hai capito qual è il problema

Group
    Dangerous

Status
    Anonymous

Imparare dal migliore

L'articolo seguente scritto da Joseph Milord è uno sguardo che fa riflettere sulle radici del successo di Michael Jackson. Joseph, studente del corso in Giornalismo & Media alla Rutgers University, ha cominciato a scrivere come blogger al secondo anno prima che uno scherzo del destino incocciasse il suo cammino con Elite Daily. Non si è mai voltato indietro, solo in avanti verso l'appagamento della sua ossessione delle parole con molti più articoli per la voce di una generazione.

Speriamo che troverete questo articolo illuminante!

" La vita e i tempi di Michael Jackson saranno ricordati per molte cose. C'è stato " ABC ", c'è stato il gran numero dei suoi fans, ci sono stati i suoi numerosi ritorni in auge, il Neverland Ranch, Black Or White, Beat It e Thriller.
    Chi potrebbe mai dimenticare Thriller ? La risposta è non molti ma moltissime persone potrebbero dimenticare che razza di forte lavoratore era Michael. In effetti, un mucchio di persone non hanno mai saputo nulla dell'etica del suo lavoro.

Alcune persone possono pensare a MJ come al talento che capita una volta in una generazione, cosa che in realtà sottovaluta quanto lavoro questa grandissima persona ha messo nella sua arte perché ogni volta che un caro collega ha avuto la possibilità di elogiare le ore che ha messo nel lavoro, come molti in questo breve video, lo fanno e l'hanno fatto energicamente.
    CITAZIONE
    Michael è una macchina, Michael era pazzo, Michael era ossessionato dalla perfezione

Tutte le parole di apprezzamento sono diverse ma dicono lo stesso messaggio. Michael Jackson non è solo stato benedetto dal talento ma lo ha sostenuto con grande sforzo e dedizione per trasformare il talento in un immenso successo. e, a causa di ciò, voi potete imparare la lezione che sta dietro questa dedizione. Cos', queste sono le 5 lezioni che ciascuno può imparare dalla carriera di Michael Jackson.

1) C'è un lavoro duro che sta dietro i momenti appariscenti della gente.
    Può essere difficile da capire in questa era di post veloci su Istagram, l'ancora più veloce Twitpic, e anche Vine ma quando la gente si vanta dei momenti alti delle loro vite- I brillanti e grandi successi - dobbiamo ricordare che c'è un reale lavoro che deve essere fatto per portare la gente al punto in cui si trova. E' una forte tentazione essere gelosi e desiderare ciò che " loro " hanno quando dovremmo desiderare l'energia e il senso di disciplina necessari per portarci ad un simile successo.
    CITAZIONE
    Molta gente tende a vedere solo il risultato, tralasciando di vedere la parte di lavoro necessaria per ottenerlo

Michael sa fin troppo bene cosa vuol dire essere lodato per il prodotto finito, soltanto che le persone ignorano i processi di prova e di errore di cui tale prodotto necessita. Molti conoscono Thriller come il video musicale innovativo degli anni '80 ma non sanno delle 8 settimane in cui Michael ha lavorato come uno schiavo per produrre il colpo di genio. Probabilmente non sanno, come ha citato Quincy Jones, che Michael era capace di stare sveglio per giorni, fino a crollare, ricercando al perfezione.

Qual è il punto, allora ? Forse non lo vediamo, ma dietro ogni momento in cui la Kodak cattura un successo, ci possono essere facilmente ore e ore ( e ore ) di duro lavoro per arrivarci. Invece di essere gelosi dei successi altrui, dovremmo piuttosto invidiare il loro desiderio di arrivare e cercare di imitarlo.

2) Di tanto in tanto, dovreste verificare i componenti
    I vostri amici e collaboratori sono intorno a voi per una ragione. Li avete scelti. Ad un certo punto, si sceglie di entrare in un certo giro o di fare un certo lavoro che vi ha portato nell'ambiente in cui vi trovate. In un modo o nell'altro voi avete avuto una parte nel diventare quello che siete ora.

Solo perché avete avuto un aiuto per arrivare dove siete non significa che questi collaboratori pensino quello che pensate voi e, se avete intenzione di lavorare insieme a loro come un squadra, potrebbe essere importante conoscere le loro priorità e il loro modo di pensare ogni tanto.

Questo è esattamente ciò che Michael ( che si vantava di quanto fosse fenomenale Thriller ) fece quando Quincy Jones ( che pensava che fosse solo " buono " ) disse il contrario. Fu il momento che Michael decise di fare il punto con i collaboratori e un caro amico ricorda anche come lo fece.
    CITAZIONE
    "( Ha detto ) se Quincy non crede in questo disco quanto me, allora cancelliamo tutto. Bene, non è un problema. Thriller è cancellato ". Ma Michael mi disse di non voler veramente annullare l'uscita del disco, stava motivando le persone. L'unico modo in cui pensava di ottenere il progetto da loro, era sconvolgerli e preoccuparli e poi tornare indietro. E fare in modo che loro gli provassero di avere il suo stesso punto di vista.

Per raggiungere il successo, probabilmente dovresti avere l'aiuto di altri intorno a te. Quanto sarebbe più difficile se gli altri non credessero in ciò in cui credi tu? Riconoscere che, alla fine della giornata, la tua sensazione del risultato è a rischio potrebbe portarti a considerare necessario, come Michael, una verifica dei collaboratori.

3) Usa i giorni della gioventù per pensare in grande e disturbare.
    Le possibilità sono, se stai leggendo questo, o che sei giovane o che il tuo cuore rimane sempre giovane. Se è così, forse la più preziosa delle lezioni della vita e della carriera di Michael Jackson è l'idea che dovremmo amare la gioventù e l'energia e la possibilità degli errori che si accompagnano con queste e le nuove idee.

L'amico di vecchia data e produttore Rodney " Darkchild " Jenkins ricorda la volta che Michael ha provato a ficcargli questo concetto in testa :
    CITAZIONE
    " Michael mi ha chiamato e mi ha detto perché non creiamo suoni nuovi ? Qualcuno ha creato il tamburo, giusto ? Qualcuno ha creato il piano, perché non possiamo creare un nuovo strumento? ..Mi diceva sempre Rodney, dobbiamo fare cose, dobbiamo darci da fare perché siamo ancora giovani "

Non è che ognuno deve spuntare con un prodotto, un'idea o un servizio che sia rivoluzionario per il domani, ma ogni giorno che passa la nostra capacità diventa probabilmente inferiore. Perciò, non c'è modo migliore per comprendere questa lezione di quello che Michael ha detto. E' il momento per noi di darci da fare.

4) Di tutte le cose che possono scoraggiarci, che non sia la parola di qualcuno
    Ci sono un mucchio di buone ragioni per fermare quello che stai facendo e buttare nella spazzatura il piano A in favore del piano B. Forse il piano A non funziona, forse è un'idea terribile, forse non sei sulla strada giusta dall'inizio e hai bisogno di ricominciare. Tutte queste ( generiche ) ragioni , e altro, possono essere un giusto motivo per riconsiderare le tue azioni.

Non si tratta di essere ridicolo. Non dimentichiamo, come ha fatto notare Michael, che anche il più grande dei grandi è stato preso in giro.
    CITAZIONE
    " Molti dei più grandi uomini che hanno lasciato un segno sulla Terra sono stati trattati così. Non puoi farlo, non andrai da nessuna parte. Hanno deriso i fratelli Wright, Thomas Edison, Walt Disney, hanno preso in giro Henry Ford e hanno detto che era ignorante, che non aveva una laurea e aveva abbandonato la scuola, Disney aveva abbandonato la scuola .."

E così via, ancora. La morale della storia ? Se la gente può trovare un'occasione per ridere di quello che stai facendo lo farà, non fosse altro che per sentirsi meglio. Ma non c'è ragione che le battute, le critiche e i giudizi negativi da soli ti convincano a lasciar perdere specialmente se provengono da persone che non hanno combinato nulla.

5) Non contano i soldi, quando si è seduti a tavola
    Come dice il famoso detto, non si può riposare sugli allori. Può sembrare un ossimoro ma se il tuo obiettivo è " fare " ha fallito nel momento in cui pensi di avere veramente " fatto ". Kenny Rogers, che per primo ha cantato questo verso, lo sapeva e anche Michael che diede questa risposta in un'intervista con Gerardo Rivera di Fox News quando gli fu chiesto se la realizzazione di Thriller lo eccitava ancora.
    CITAZIONE
    " Cerco di non pensarci troppo, non voglio che il mio subconscio pensi di aver fatto tutto, il gioco è fatto, no. ecco perché non tengo i premi e i trofei in casa. Non troverete nessun disc d'oro in casa mia,perché ti fa sentire compiuto " guarda cosa ho fatto ". Ma io voglio sentirmi sempre come se non avessi ancora fatto niente."

E' allettante a questo punto elencare le realizzazioni di MJ e tutto ciò che ha fatto per consolidare ulteriormente questo punto ma potrebbe essere più semplice porre questa domanda : Cosa Michael Jackson non ha vinto? Prendetevi del tempo, rispondete e poi tenete presente questo.
    Lui non era ancora soddisfatto.

- Joseph MiLord

TRADUZIONE a cura del Michael Jackson's Gold World.

Edited by ArcoIris - 14/4/2018, 02:46

1 replies since 18/10/2013, 21:22   202 views