Fans, Amici, VIP ...parlano di Michael.

« Older   Newer »

1. ArcoIris

"The King of Pop"

Group
    Dangerous

Status
    Anonymous

Matt Coker ricorda Michael presente all’esibizione di Mikhail Baryshnikov nel 1993

Ricordando Michael Jackson a Orange County
    vdee1l1
    Appena la morte di Michael Jackson fu confermata, i miei pensieri si rivolsero a quell’unica volta che vidi il "Re del Pop", proprio qui a all’Orange County. Non era sul palco da solo o con i Jacksons (Five o altro), né fu mentre presenziava alla prima di Captain EO a Disneyland.
    Era appena uscito da una serata di danza classica a Costa Mesa.

In realtà, il suo ingresso alla “Segerstrom Hall” del “Performing Arts Center” minacciò di oscurare la prima apparizione del leggendario ballerino Mikhail Baryshnikov sul palco dell’Orange County il 5 agosto 1993. Tutto in blu, capelli neri e legati, gli altri che si voltavano per guardare Jackson, nella sua solita giacca reale con le spalline, mentre lentamente si spostava verso un posto vicino l'orchestra, appena a sinistra del centro del palco. Aveva da un lato una bionda e dall’altro un uomo di mezza età. Più tardi si rivelarono essere il suo dermatologo e l'infermiera che anni dopo avrebbe partorito due dei suoi figli.

Il trambusto durò per alcuni minuti prima che le luci si abbassassero e la performance avesse inizio. Baryshnikov, l'ex primo ballerino del Kirov Ballet ed ex-direttore artistico dell'American Ballet Theatre, catturò in seguito l’attenzione della folla.

Il pubblico lo divorò. Così fece Jackson, o almeno sembrava divertito da ciò che io e tutti gli altri potevamo scorgere nel buio. Rimase con il resto di noi per la standing ovation. Poi se ne andò. Credo che tornò all’ OCPAC di nuovo con Elizabeth Taylor per un ricevimento per raccogliere fondi per combattere l'AIDS/HIV, o almeno questo è il mio ricordo.
    http://blogs.ocweekly.com/navelgazing/a-cl...-orange/post-8/
    Traduzione: Niki64.mjj - Michael Jackson FanSquare

Remembering Michael Jackson in Orange County

As Michael Jackson's death was confirmed, my thoughts turned to the one and only time I ever saw the "King of Pop," right here in Orange County. He wasn't on stage solo or with the Jacksons (Five or otherwise), nor was he attending the opening of Captain EO at Disneyland. He was just out for a night of ballet in Costa Mesa.

Actually, his entrance into the Performing Arts Center's Segerstrom Hall threatened to overshadow legendary dancer Mikhail Baryshnikov's first appearance on an Orange County stage on Aug. 5, 1993. All the blue, dyed-black and assorted other hairs turned their heads to face Jackson, in his usual royal coat with shoulder epaulets, as he slowly moved to a seat near the orchestra, just to the left of the middle of the stage. He had a blonde on one side and a middle-aged man on the other. It was later revealed they were his dermatologist and nurse--and years later the same nurse would bear one of his children.

The commotion lasted for a few minutes before the lights dimmed and the performance began. Baryshnikov, the former Kirov Ballet principal dancer and ex-artistic director of American Ballet Theatre, owned the crowd's attention thereafter. Making his local debut as a modern dancer with the White Oak Dance Project, a collaborative venture Baryshnikov formed in 1990 with choreographer Mark Morris, the then-45-year-old with taped knees gamely danced two solos: Morris' "Three Preludes" (to music by Gershwin) and Twyla Tharp's "Pergolesi." He also joined other members of his troupe for Morris' "Mosaic and United" (music by Henry Cowell).

The audience ate it up. So did Jackson, or at least he appeared to be enjoying it from what I and everyone else could make out in the dark. He stood with the rest of us for the standing O. Then he was gone. I believe he returned to OCPAC again with Elizabeth Taylor for a function that raised money to battle AIDS/HIV, or at least that's my memory.

Edited by ArcoIris - 15/6/2017, 08:57

139 replies since 4/8/2013, 22:01   7939 views