1. Valerie77

"The King of Pop"

Group
    Threatened

Status
    Anonymous

The rides, music, mice

PD1ZUap

It's always fun to talk about Neverland.

Since as long as I remember I have loved amusement parks - Disney parks in particular. Michael and I grew up in two very different worlds, but as we got to know each other it was very clear that we had many things in common. Amusement parks were high on that list.

Neverland was more than an amusement park; it was a very real extension of Michael. It had it's center-stage personality, and it also had areas that were more reserved. The carousel was the centerpiece, the crown-jewel of the ranch.

The carousel was also my first "challenge" at the ranch. Michael wanted a monster music system to flood the ride with sound. We discussed several methods of pushing that much sound from a moving ride, including speakers mounted above each cluster of animals (there were more than just horses). The issues that came up were safety (we really didn't want a speaker falling on a guest's noggin) and getting the wiring from the amps to the moving speakers. Eventually that plan got a thumbs down.

We opted to build a huge concert system in the center of the carousel, where the guests could not see it. (Sorry, this might get techie for a minute - scan ahead if you like). The system consisted of four large JBL 2-way cabinets, and a pair of JBL 18" subwoofers. I think we were pushing about 4000 watts for that first system. As the park grew, so did the size of the music systems.

The funny thing about building a music system in a theme park in the middle of a ranch is that ranches have mice. They were there first, and they see no reason to leave just because Michael Jackson has moved in.

I would routinely test and repair the carousel music system (as well as all ranch systems) to make sure it sounded great at all times. It was always an adventure crawling into the middle of the carousel and inspecting the rack. Little field mice seemed to really love the warmth of my amplifiers, and they were eager to leave me little thank-you tokens that they had been there. Thanks Mickey!

Seattle, I have completely restructured the VIP Neverland segment of my seminar, including a multi-layered surround sound experience. Neverland was filled with sounds, along with sights, and my job was to make those sounds to Michael's standards. I will share many of those techniques and original sounds with you. I think you are really going to enjoy it.

Toronto, Cologne, Madrid - we are hard at work for your events also. Thanks for your support - it's going to be a busy spring and summer!

Get your ticket right!

www.inthestudiowithmj.com/
    www.facebook.com/inthestudiowithmj...?type=1&theater

---------------

Le Giostre, la Musica..i topi..

E 'sempre divertente parlare di Neverland.
    Da che ricordo, ho sempre amato i parchi giochi - parchi a tema Disney in particolare. Michael e io siamo cresciuti in due mondi molto diversi, ma quando abbiamo avuto modo di conoscerci è stato molto chiaro che avevamo molte cose in comune. I parchi giochi erano in una posizione piuttosto alta nella classifica delle preferenze. Neverland era molto più di un parco giochi; era una vera e propria estensione di Michael.
    Mi sono occupato di varie parti, alcune più note e pubbliche altre più private. La giostra era il fulcro, la corona, il gioiello del ranch. La giostra è stata anche la mia prima "sfida" nel ranch. Michael voleva un impianto musicale pazzesco che propagasse il suono dovunque.
    Abbiamo discusso sui diversi metodi per poter propagare il suono con la giostra che girava, inclusa l'idea di montare degli autoparlanti sopra la testa di ogni animale (non c'erano solo cavalli nella giostra). Le problematiche emerse riguardavano però la sicurezza (non volevamo correre il rischio ad esempio che un autoparlante si staccasse e finisse sulla testa di qualche ospite) e oltre a questo il come ottenere il giusto cablaggio per diffondere comunque il suono. Alla fine quell'idea venne accantonata. E decidemmo di costruire l'impianto musicale al centro della giostra, dove gli ospiti non potevano vederlo.
    ( Scusate ora dovrò essere un pò tecnico). Il sistema era costituito da quattro grandi cabinati JBL a 2 vie, e un paio di diffusori acustici JBL 18 ". Inizialmente la potenza del primo impianto istallato era intorno ai 4000 watt.
    Man mano che il parco cresceva, così faceva anche la dimensione del sistema musicale.
    Ma l'aspetto curioso e divertente di costruire un impianto musicale in un parco a tema nel bel mezzo di un ranch è che nei ranch ci sono i topi. Erano lì da prima, e non vedo alcuna ragione perchè avrebbero dovuto andarsene solo perchè Michael Jackson si era trasferito li.
    Così per me divenne una routine quella di andare al ranch per controllare l'impianto (così come credo avvenga in ogni ranch) .Ed era sempre un avventura strisciare sotto la giostra e ispezionare il telaio.
    I piccoli topolini sembravano amare molto il calore dei miei amplificatori, ed erano ansiosi di lasciarmi un segno della loro riconoscenza( si mangiavano tutti i fili). Grazie topolini!

Brad Sundberg

Traduzione a cura del Michael Jackson's Gold World. In caso di ripubblicazione citare la fonte riportando l'url a questo post. ( per ottenere l'url corretto clicca sulla data).

Edited by ArcoIris - 20/5/2017, 04:08

53 replies since 13/7/2013, 07:36   3626 views