INTERVISTE A MJ e CONVERSAZIONI DI MJ

« Older   Newer »

1. Wivvy

User deleted

My most wonderful moment by Michael Jackson

Interview year: 1972

There have been many wonderful moments in Michael’s life, he told us. But there is one he’ll never forget. He’ll never forget it because it was the first happening that started his career in music rolling.

“My earliest memories of are of the other guys practicing in our front room with Mom and me just listening and Randy – he was just a baby then – going to sleep on her lap. Papa would bang away on the drums and all the others would sing and clap their hands and be playing instruments. Everyone was really grooving. And every night it would be the same thing. Everyone having a really good time, but all I got to do was clap my hands. And I really wanted to join in.

“But every time I suggested it, well the others would sort of grin at me and say, ‘Why, you’re so young, Mike. What can you play?’ I knew they were only kidding but it used to hurt me.

“But because I’m kind of a stubborn fellow, I never let on that I has hurting inside. I’d just shut up and listen and swing along with the music they were playing.

“And I really used to dig it. Even then, when none of us was doing anything too spectacular, I still used to dig it. I used to live through the whole day in a kind of dream, waiting for the evening when we could get together and start making music. Even if I couldn’t join in, I knew one day they’d let me and I could just keep up with them in my head – sort of sing along in my own mind, if you catch what I mean.

“Then I remember one day in the middle of winter. I was walking back from school and it was snowing. But I was feeling kind of sad, I was just holding my arms round myself to keep warm. I didn’t want to throw any snowballs. I didn’t want to talk to any of the other guys. I didn’t want to do anything. Like I said. I was feeling sad.

“I didn’t have too many friends at school because I was more interested in the music we were playing at home. And I was too proud, I guess, to turn to any of my brothers and tell them what I was really feeling. Man, was I low.

“Looking back I had no right to be. I guess I can say now. I was feeling sorry for myself.

“But when I got back to the house Mom called out and asked me if I wanted anything to eat. I just said ‘No.’ Then I trundled off to the loneliest corner of the house I could find and sat down with my thoughts.

“I guess I must have sat there for a couple of hours. I could hear the others but I wasn’t really listening.

“They had started their music practice. Jackie told me afterwards what had happened. They had just started when Pop said: ‘Where’s Michael?’ Tito had said: ‘He’s not feeling too good. He’s got the blues; not himself at all.’

“Pop had got really angry then, ‘We can’t have that – we’re supposed to be a family. We’ve got to help each other along when we’re not feeling too good. Marlon, you go and find him and bring to us.’

“So Marlon came and found me sitting in the corner of our bedroom. ‘Come on brother. Pop wants to see you downstairs.’

“ ‘I don’t want to go.’

“ ‘Well you’ve got to, come on,’ he said and grabbed me by the arm pulling me to my feet.

“We went downstairs and I stood in front of everyone. When I say everyone I mean it. Even little Randy hadn’t gone to sleep yet and was watching me. But Pop just grinned at me and said: ‘Come on Michael. We can’t have you feeling blue. What’s the matter?’

“ ‘I don’t know, Pop. I just don’t feel too groovy today.’

“And Pop sort of sighed and said: ‘Well sit down right there and sing us a song then.’

“I could hardly believe it. ‘Me sing with you’ I said incredulously.

“ ‘Well you’re old enough, aren’t you? You know how to sing don’t you? Well come on then, let’s be hearing you.’

“And then Jackie played a chord on the guitar and I started to sing. It was fantastic. I lost my blues with the snap of a finger.

”And soon everyone was clapping their hands and singing along.

“From that night on I’ve always sung with the others.

“That was the night I became one of the Jackson Five.

“It was the most wonderful moment of all my life.”

www.mjtranslate.com/en/interviews/1685

Fonte: www.the-michael-jackson-archives.com/wonderfulj5moments.html

Edited by ArcoIris - 22/7/2018, 02:23

118 replies since 30/9/2012, 14:38   10273 views