INTERVISTE A MJ e CONVERSAZIONI DI MJ

« Older   Newer »

1. MJ-Beautiful soul

User deleted

Halloween Interview (October 30, 2003)

On October 30, Michael Jackson got up early (no easy job for Michael who readily admits to being nocturnal) to talk with Los Angeles disk jockey, Rick Dees. Michael talks about his plans for Halloween trick or treating with Prince, Paris, and Blanket and his favorite candy, among other things.

Rick Dees: Hey Buddy, I miss you.
    Michael Jackson:
    I miss you too.

Rick Dees: Aww, you looked great the other night on tv the other nigh and also, before we get into this world premiere, a lot of people are calling for this already. Thank you so much for allowing us to premiere it.
    Michael Jackson: What a wonderful man you are. Thank you so much.

Rick Dees: Oh, you’re so welcome. Are you on the ranch now?
    Michael Jackson: No, I’m out still doing some business out of town.

Rick Dees: I can barely hear you.
    Michael Jackson: Still doing meetings and things. I’m not back in California yet, I’ll be there soon.

Rick Dees: Good, good deal. So you obviously don’t get up at seven twenty in the morning do you?
    Michael Jackson: No [laughs] I usually work all night. I usually go to bed this time.

Rick Dees: Mike You’re a night person. Last time I saw you had stayed up all night and written about four different songs.
    Michael Jackson: Yeah, I’m very nocturnal.

Rick Dees: Yeah, you’re a very nocturnal guy (laughter). This is your day coming up I mean If it’s not Halloween for Michael Jackson then it’s not for anybody.
    Michael Jackson: [laughs] Right

Rick Dees: Are you going to go out and trick or treat?
    Michael Jackson: Yes, I’m going trick or treating. Taking my children.

Rick Dees: Do they have costumes?
    Michael Jackson: Yes.

Rick Dees: What are they? We’ve got Prince and Paris and Tito?
    Michael Jackson: Prince, Paris, and Blanket. Prince wants to be the black panther. And Paris, who is the girl, she’s a tomboy. She wants to be spiderman. And the little one wants to be spiderman too. And I’m going to be a ghost.

Rick Dees: Oh yeah!
    Michael Jackson: [laughs]

Rick Dees: This ghost. Listen if you get a chance, I mean you’re in the neighborhood, I have these huge beautiful candy apples and the long, huge, candy bars - the ones that no one gives out, the movie size candy bars like you serve at your place there, so come on in..I’d love to throw down a little something for Prince and Paris and the Ghost.
    Michael Jackson: Oh, they would love it!

Rick Dees: Do you have a favorite chocolate, Michael?
    Michael Jackson: I like.. uhm ... believe it or not, milk chocolate.

Rick Dees: You said milk chocolate?
    Michael Jackson: Yes [laughs].

Rick Dees: I love milk chocolate
    Michael Jackson: Me too [laughs].

Rick Dees: You know what I did this week Michael? I um, I have to confess - these kids came by here and sold 1,000 dollars worth of chocolate to the radio station.
    Michael Jackson: Wow.

Rick Dees: I said I was donating it to charity. I did all except for 30 candy bars - I’ve been eating chocolate for thirty days. Every morning. I’ve got this thing about milk chocolate.
    Michael Jackson: You ate the candy? [laughs]

Rick Dees: I ate the candy!
    Michael Jackson: I’m sorry [still laughing...]

Rick Dees: Last time I was at your place I was got so hungry and this chef goes in here and I could smell this wonderful vegetarian pizza all afternoon and - there’s candy everywhere at Neverland. There’s candy everywhere in your home. I love that. I just love that. When you walk into Michael Jackson’s place it’s fresh candy and there’s the fragrance in his home - it's a cross between chocolate and vanilla and there’s a kind of buttery smell and fragrance - I could definitely hang out
    Michael Jackson: Well you’re welcome anytime.

Rick Dees: Thanks! Thank you so much.
    Michael Jackson: You’re always welcome.

Rick Dees: Did you have breakfast yet?
    Michael Jackson: Pardon? [Laughter]

Rick Dees: What’s that? He doesn’t know what that is?
    Listen Michael, we have this bet going on and you can certainly tell me 'No'. I’m going to end up playing 'Thriller' a tremendous number of times between now and this time tomorrow. And of course, your world premiere. People are calling for this song over over and over - ’What More Can I Give?'
    Michael Jackson: Oh, God Bless them. It’s for the children. It’s so important.

Rick Dees: I’m trying to get something for the kids. Is there anyway you can say, "Hey what’s up. It’s Michael Jackson with Rick Dees as my Halloween gift to you. Here’s Thriller". Obviously, I’m going to warn you in advance, I’m going to tape it if you will say that.
    Michael Jackson: Okay, I’ll do it for you.

Rick Dees: Okay, here we go. Use your own words if you want but with good energy like you’re on the Mike Douglas show for the first time.
    Okay, 3 - 2 - 1
    Michael Jackson: Hi, this is Michael Jackson with Rick Dees, Halloween. This is Thriller - enjoy it.

Rick Dees: Good, now just say 2003 Halloween.
    Michael Jackson: Okay, 2003 Halloween with Rick Dees.

Rick Dees: Awwww! [claps] That’s like heaven. Okay. That one lost the bet. I was saying you probably might not do it.
    Let’s go back to the song for just a second. It’s been some time putting together. And did it come to you at once or was it something you were working on with the tune and everything for a period of time?
    Michael Jackson: No, it just came at once. Uhm, art of songwriting is a totally different art. It really is. It really is a gift from God. It really is. I feel guilty putting my name on it. It falls into my lap. It’s a gift from Heaven. It really is.

Rick Dees: It’s just a gift, isn’t it?
    Michael Jackson: It really is.

Rick Dees: Wow, so between now and the holidays are you going to stick around home, you gonna head back to Haveynhurst avenue ever?
    Michael Jackson: Uhm, I think we’re going overseas.

Rick Dees: Yeah, so much goes on over there. Once you hit the tarmak like in London or Paris, it doesn’t stop, does it?
    Michael Jackson: It doesn’t. We go to London, and Ireland, and then we go over to Africa and then we come back.

Rick Dees: Where do they get the craziest? I saw some shots in the Budican also in Japan where they’re carrying people out and everything. Does it get craziest in Japan or where?
    Michael Jackson: To tell you the honest truth, Rick: It’s the same wherever we go. It really is. The love and appreciation is so wonderful. The fans are so happy and animated and it just touches my heart. It’s love. I pray is what I do. I thank God.

Rick Dees: Any word on whether or not you’re going to put together a tour for 2004 or is it too early to tell?
    Michael Jackson: I don’t think so. We are really concentrating in other areas now. You never know, it might be a special event for something.

Rick Dees: Good deal. We’ll certainly keep it open for you.
    All those beautiful babies, are there plans for any more babies in your life?
    Michael Jackson: Oh, I’m going to have a big family. I wanna have more and more children -I’ll double my father

Rick Dees: You wanna beat your dad?
    Michael Jackson: I am.

Rick Dees: He’s the father of our country.
    Michael Jackson: [laughter]

Rick Dees: Michael Jackson is here -doesn’t it feel great to hear it on the radio?
    Michael Jackson: Yes.

Intervista sera di Halloween(30 Ottobre 2003)

Il 30 ottobre, Michael Jackson si alzò presto (non cosa semplice per Michael, che ammette di essere un tipo notturno), per parlare con il disk jockey di Los Angeles, Rick Dees. Michael parla dei suoi piani per i travestimenti di Halloween e del modo di educare Prince, Paris e Blanket e di quali sono le sue caramelle preferite, insieme a molte altre cose.

Rick: Ehi amico, mi manchi.
    MJ: Mi manchi anche tu.
    Rick: Oh, eri fantastico in tv l'altra sera e inoltre, prima di parlare di questa anteprima mondiale, un sacco di persone stanno già telefonando per questo. Grazie mille per averci permesso di averne l’anteprima.
    MJ: Che uomo meraviglioso che sei. Grazie mille.
    Rick: Oh, sei davvero il benvenuto. Ora, sei al ranch adesso?
    MJ: No, sto ancora facendo qualche lavoro fuori città.
    Rick: Uh-huh. Riesco a malapena a sentirti. Credo che questo sia ...
    MJ: Uh, sto ancora facendo delle riunioni e cose del genere, non sono ancora tornato in California ma sarò lì presto.
    Rick: Bene. Buon lavoro. Perciò, naturalmente non ti alzi alle 7:20 di mattina, vero?
    MJ: (risata) No, ma io di solito lavoro tutta la notte, di solito quella è l’ora in cui vado a letto.
    Rick: Sì, Mike.. sei una persona notturna. Voglio dire, l'ultima volta che ti ho visto sei rimasto sveglio a scrivere quattro canzoni diverse, a provare…
    MJ: Si, sono molto notturno.
    Rick: Sì, voglio dire, questo è .. (ride) sei un ragazzo molto notturno. Ehi, questo è il tuo giorno in arrivo. Voglio dire, se non è Halloween per Michael Jackson non lo è per nessuno.
    MJ: Hehe, giusto!
    Rick: Uscirai per “dolcetto o scherzetto”?
    MJ: Sì, lo farò con i miei figli.
    Ellen: Loro hanno i costumi?
    MJ: Sììì!
    Ellen: Da cosa si vestiranno? Paris ...
    Rick: Prima di tutto parliamo di... abbiamo Prince, Paris e Tito.
    MJ: Sono Prince, Paris e Blanket. Prince vuole essere una pantera nera, Paris che è la bambina.. lei è un maschiaccio .. lei vuole essere Spiderman.

Rick: Oh yeah!
    MJ: E anche il piccolo vuole essere Spiderman ed io sarò un Fantasma.
    Rick: Oh yeah!
    MJ: Hehe.
    Rick: Perciò(* ride *) .. Senti, se riesci… Voglio dire, se siete in zona .. ho queste enormi, meravigliose mele caramellate e anche, sai, lunghissime barrette di cioccolato, quelle che non si trovano più.
    Ellen: Quelle formato cinema
    Rick: Le barrette di cioccolato formato cinema, come le offri tu a casa tua lì.
    MJ: Sì...
    Rick: Perciò, venite, dai, mi piacerebbe lanciare qualcosina a Prince, Paris e al Fantasma.
    MJ: Oh, mi piacerebbe!
    Rick: Yeah!
    Ellen: C’è un tipo di cioccolato che preferisci, Michael?
    MJ: Mi piace... che ci crediate o no... il cioccolato al latte.
    Rick: Ti piace... ti piace .. hai detto. .. il cioccolato al latte?
    MJ: Sì... hehe.
    Rick: Io adoro il cioccolato al latte!
    MJ: Anch’io!
    Rick: Sai cosa ho fatto questa settimana, Michael? Io ... devo confessarlo. Sono entrato e sono venuti questi ragazzi qui a vendere un migliaio di dollari di cioccolato alla stazione radio.
    MJ: Wow...
    Rick: E così ho detto che li stavo donando in beneficenza. Ed è stato così tranne per una trentina di barrette di cioccolato. (Ride)
    MJ: Wow!
    Ellen: Oh Rick. Datti una regolata…
    Rick: (sempre ridendo) Mangio questo cioccolato da tipo 30 giorni! E’ così ogni mattina! Ho preso questa cosa sul cioccolato al latte e ..
    MJ: (ride) Hai mangiato le caramelle?
    Rick: Ho mangiato le caramelle e scusami! L'ultima volta che sono stato da te ero così affamato e questo chef entra con l’odore di questa meravigliosa pizza vegetariana per tutto il pomeriggio.
    MJ: Ci sono caramelle ovunque a Neverland.
    Rick: Ci sono caramelle ovunque nella vostra casa.
    Ellen: Lo adoro…
    Rick: E lo adoro semplicemente. Tu sai che c'è qualcosa, quando si cammina nella casa di Michael Jackson c’è questo odore di caramelle... la fragranza nella sua casa è come un, un incrocio tra cioccolato e vaniglia. E c'è come un odore di burro e un profumo.
    Ellen: Potrei assolutamente passarci il tempo.
    Rick: Beh, è semplicemente ciò che vuoi.
    MJ: Siete i benvenuti in qualsiasi momento.
    Ellen: Oh, grazie.
    Rick: Grazie mille.
    MJ: Siete sempre i benvenuti.
    Rick: Hai già fatto colazione?
    MJ: Pardon?
    (Ridendo in Studio)
    Ellen: (ridendo) Cos'è? Non sa di cosa si tratta.
    Rick: Senti, Michael, abbiamo una scommessa in corso in questo momento, e tu puoi certamente dirmi di no, ma sto morendo... ascolta, mi ritroverò a trasmettere "Thriller" un numero infinito di volte tra oggi e domani ...
    MJ: Ok.
    Rick: Ok. E… naturalmente la tua prima mondiale, le persone stanno chiamando per questa canzone più e più volte.
    MJ: Oh, Dio vi benedica.
    Rick: What More Can I Give. Ma, umm ...
    MJ: E’ per i bambini. E’ così importante.
    Rick: Sto provando a raccogliere qualcosa per i bambini. C'è una qualche possibilità che tu possa dire "Hey, come andiamo? Qui è Michael Jackson con Rick Dees e come mio regalo di Halloween per voi, ecco "Thriller"? Ovviamente, ti avviso in anticipo che ti registrerò, se lo dirai.
    MJ: Ok, lo faccio per ...
    Rick: Ok, andiamo. Yeah, e usa pure parole tue se vuoi, ma con una buona energia, come se fossi allo show di Mike Douglas per la prima volta.
    MJ: Ok.
    Rick: Ok. Tre, due, uno.
    MJ: Salve, questo è Michael Jackson con Rick Dees - Halloween! Questa è Thriller. Buon divertimento!
    Rick: Bene. Ora dì solo “Halloween 2003".
    MJ: Ok. Halloween 2003 con Rick Dees.
    (Applausi in studio)
    Rick: Ooooh! E’ come il paradiso. Ok, Ellen ha perso la scommessa.
    Ellen: Gli stavo dicendo che probabilmente avresti potuto non farlo.
    Rick: Torniamo al brano solo per un secondo. Questa è stata messa insieme alla fine. Ti è venuta in una volta o è stato qualcosa su cui ci hai lavorato su per un certo periodo di tempo, con la melodia e tutto il resto?
    MJ: No, è arrivato giusto in una volta. L'arte della composizione è qualcosa di totalmente diverso, è davvero, è davvero un dono di Dio. Lo è davvero. E mi sento in colpa a metterci il mio nome sopra perché cade in grembo come un dono dal cielo. Lo è davvero.
    Rick: E’ solo un dono, non è vero?
    MJ: E’ DAVVERO così.
    Rick: Wow. Così tra oggi e le vacanze hai intenzione di restare a casa, ti metterai mai sulla via di ritorno per Hayvenhurst Avenue?
    MJ: Umm, penso che andremo oltreoceano.
    Rick: Accadono così tante cose laggiù. Una volta che ci metti piede, come a Londra o Parigi. Non ci si ferma, non è vero?
    MJ: Già, è così. Andremo a Londra e in Irlanda e poi procederemo verso l’Africa e poi rientreremo.
    Rick: Dov’è che diventa più pazzesco? Ho visto alcune immagini, come il Budicon, anche in Giappone. Stanno portando fuori delle persone e tutto il resto. Dove è più pazzesco, in Giappone o dove?
    MJ: E’... ti dico la pura verità, Rick, è semplicemente lo stesso ovunque andiamo, lo è davvero. L’amore e l'apprezzamento è così meraviglioso. I fan sono così felici ed eccitati, mi tocca il cuore con amore. Lo fa davvero. Prego il cielo per questo.
    Rick: Beh, è così super.
    MJ: E ringrazio Dio.

Rick: Hai qualcosa da dire sulla possibilità di mettere insieme un tour per il 2003 o è troppo presto per dirlo.
    MJ: Sì, davvero non lo so… adesso non lo so nemmeno io. No, penso di no, siamo davvero concentrati su altro ora. Non si sa mai che potrebbe essere un evento speciale per qualcosa.
    Rick: Buon lavoro, certamente terremo d’occhio quello che farai.
    Ellen: Tutti quei bei bambini… Hai in programma di avere altri figli nella tua vita?
    MJ: Oh, avrò una grande famiglia. Sempre più bambini.
    Rick: Davvero?
    MJ: Come mia madre e mio padre.
    Rick: Vuoi battere il tuo papà? Lui è il padre del nostro paese. Questo è Rick Dees alla radio.
    MJ: Sì.

Edited by ArcoIris - 2/4/2018, 04:19

118 replies since 30/9/2012, 14:38   10284 views